VNEA at Balley's next year.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BCAPL in Vegas

Just to clear the rumors and state the FACTS!

BCAPL still has the same contract we had two years ago - we will be at the Riviera for 2011 & 2012. The dates in 2011 are May 13-21. (9-ball challenge starts couple days earlier).

We are discussing 2013.

The Riviera is not going anywhere. The Riviera is 'not that bad' - but the food and drink choices are a little weak.

These rumors happen every year.

Now you know the truth - lets see if that spreads as fast - LOL.

Mark Griffin, CEO
CSI
BCAPL

MikeM

Pool Lover
Silver Member

BCAPL still has the same contract we had two years ago - we will be at the Riviera for 2011 & 2012. The dates in 2011 are May 13-21. (9-ball challenge starts couple days earlier).

We are discussing 2013.

The Riviera is not going anywhere. The Riviera is 'not that bad' - but the food and drink choices are a little weak.

Mark Griffin, CEO
CSI
BCAPL

Do you know anything about the VNEA as asked by the OP?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark...I stayed at the Riv this year, after several years of 'staying elsewhere', because the rooms were a dump. I have to say that the renovated rooms were 10x better than they were in the past, and I wouldn't hesistate to stay onsite again. Food is still weak, but our group had bkst every morning at Kady's and it was fine. The Peppermill got the lion's share of our food biz...always consistent and good!

Mike...Regardless of hearsay, I'd bet on the VNEA staying at the Riv, until the numbers drop so far that they don't need both big rooms for tables. No other hotels have two big rooms, including Bally's. TAP is so small it can be held almost anywhere.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

We are discussing 2013.

Mark Griffin, CEO
CSI
BCAPL

Do you know anything about the VNEA as asked by the OP?

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott,

In the packet we received at registration this year at VNEA, there was a flyer that stated that the VNEA tournament was going to be held at Bally's 2011.

break2win

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is now confirmed, the VNEA will be at Bally's next year. They issued a
small booklet to the players letting everyone know it will be at Bally's for the
2011 season. It sounds like the contract couldn't get renegotiated.

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott,

In the packet we received at registration this year at VNEA, there was a flyer that stated that the VNEA tournament was going to be held at Bally's 2011.

I was at the VNEA banquet this year and it was made clear it will be at Bally's next year. they even had a small tribute to the Riv.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IbeAnEngineer...Well okay, but I'd get ready for long waits between match times, because there will be a LOT less tables than at the Riv. The Riv packs almost 100 tables into each room, and there certainly isn't a lot of room between tables. Ballys has only one room, and if it is bigger than the Riv's, it's not significantly bigger...so there will be far fewer tables available.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott,

ShootingRazbone

He got all the rolls
Silver Member
IbeAnEngineer...Well okay, but I'd get ready for long waits between match times, because there will be a LOT less tables than at the Riv. The Riv packs almost 100 tables into each room, and there certainly isn't a lot of room between tables. Ballys has only one room, and if it is bigger than the Riv's, it's not significantly bigger...so there will be far fewer tables available.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott,

Bally's has 2 .....actually 3 but the skyview is probably equivilent to the Riv. skyview meeting room... which isn't that big.

http://www.harrahs.com/groups-meetin...ballrooms.html

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott,
I surely hope we do not have long waits. But it is what it is. Not much I can do about it if there are long waits. However, in my opinion, the staff at the VNEA tournament have always done an admirable job at putting on the tournament in the past. I feel confident that they have thought things out and have enough room and a plan to make it work.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
okay

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

At the VNEA Hall of Fame meeting, I was chatting with Greg Elliot, and he was talking about the rooms at Bally's. I had already gotten most of the info. Bally's has 2 rooms, at 45,000 square feet each. They are right next to each other, instead of the long walk down the hall. The deal is signed. I went down there twice, and it's nicer than the Riv, and has a great looking pool. The Memorial day opening ceremonies, will be in the rear parking lot, which is almost identical to the Riv. For those who have not attended the VNEA, the opening ceremony, includes, Fireworks, flags being carried from all the countrie's participating, and singles awards. Trust me, it's much nicer to get to carry your trophy up on stage and get introduced in front of all the other players, than to just get your picture taken. Don't get me wrong, I am not taking a jab at anyone, I would go and stay for all the tournies if possible. They're all great events. And if you get a chance to play pool in Vegas, it just don't get much better.

sxpboc

Exact dates of Team 8 Ball Open Event for 2011

I know the tournament runs from May 26th to June 4th... has anyone heard or seen a breakdown of the schedule of events for 2011???

Thanks,

Steve

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
At the VNEA Hall of Fame meeting, I was chatting with Greg Elliot, and he was talking about the rooms at Bally's. I had already gotten most of the info. Bally's has 2 rooms, at 45,000 square feet each. They are right next to each other, instead of the long walk down the hall. The deal is signed. I went down there twice, and it's nicer than the Riv, and has a great looking pool. The Memorial day opening ceremonies, will be in the rear parking lot, which is almost identical to the Riv. For those who have not attended the VNEA, the opening ceremony, includes, Fireworks, flags being carried from all the countrie's participating, and singles awards. Trust me, it's much nicer to get to carry your trophy up on stage and get introduced in front of all the other players, than to just get your picture taken. Don't get me wrong, I am not taking a jab at anyone, I would go and stay for all the tournies if possible. They're all great events. And if you get a chance to play pool in Vegas, it just don't get much better.

Sam,

Just noticed your post. When I first began going to the BCA event in the early ninty's, they used to do the flag procession as well. Carried the New York State flag one year.

Since that time, I've only received one trophy. Third in the Open Scotch Doubles event two years ago. Agree it would have been nicer to receive the reward before our peers rather than a "hand it across the counter" delivery.

Unfortunately, New York State does not have a single VNEA league. Neither does Las Vegas. Wish I could play.

Lyn