***Vote to save an old classic movie starring Minnesota Fats and Jack Colavita

NineballBEN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
O.K. that's 2 more from me,was @ 109,gotta remember the rest of my addy's...lol.Now if I could just the the ol grey matter fired up:rolleyes:.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
our cause is growing ! i sent an email and joined to post on their forum and comment in the review section.

i do not want to see this film lost forever !:cool:

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
ty everyone ! i see the vote count is 142 now. i hope all you believe that this film must be saved. it can never be recreated. so keep the votes coming !:cool:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
To the best of my knowledge the producer Gordon Ogden has the sole surviving copy of this film. Hemicudas was right. There was a two week run of this movie in all the Ogden family owned theaters. 35 in all I believe.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the best of my knowledge the producer Gordon Ogden has the sole surviving copy of this film. Hemicudas was right. There was a two week run of this movie in all the Ogden family owned theaters. 35 in all I believe.

To me the most memorable part of, The Player, was Fatty waiting to be picked up at the air port in the bar. Obviously, there is a pool table in the bar. At this point in history, early 70's, it was super easy to make a living playing pool in the bars. A guy hustles Fatty to play for a drink. Though Fatty doesn't drink he agrees to play the guy and the camera fixes on the first drink the guy loses to Fatty, then the second, third, fourth, etc. until there are maybe a dozen drinks in a row, all untouched.

For you youngsters, under 45 maybe, Check with Jay about how easy it was to make a living playing pool in the early to late 70's. People didn't play $20 sets in the bars it was $20 per game and many APA 3-4 calaber guys were saying, "Raise the bet".