W on the butt cap?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did not take a picture but a guy at the room today showed me a very nice merry widow with a W on the butt cap.
Any ideas ?
Isn't there a Weston that makes cues?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did not take a picture but a guy at the room today showed me a very nice merry widow with a W on the butt cap.
Any ideas ?
Isn't there a Weston that makes cues?
Skip Weston has retired and signed his cues between the points with the year of build. Perry Weston has passed away. I think his cues were signed Weston. I agree with subdude. Woodworth

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be a Weir.
Robert Weir used the flying W on the forearm
1709505350498.png

Rusty in Montana

That's right I couldn't remember exactly where it was it's been a number of year's since I last seen a Weir cue in person . Thank you for the clarification !

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in about 1984 I was at a Clyde Childress memorial tournament in Richmond Ky. and bought into a raffle and won a Robert Weir cue and satin jacket. Weir was there and was showboating like he actually made the cues but in truth they were made by Adam on contract. I still have the satin jacket.

Rusty in Montana

That's correct I remember that also now that you mention it , I know Bill thought the world of his Weir cue and it was the only one I've ever seen in person , I wasn't offered a chance to shoot a rack of balls with it or even hold it for that matter , it was a nice looking cue and that's about all I remember anymore .