:: Warning!! :: Don't visit Red Shoes @ Chicago ! Unless.....

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Jive,
That was a GREAT post about Red Shoes. I've never been there but I would go there in a heart beat based upon what you wrote.

Buffalo Billiards in Metairie, LA isn't quite as nice with the carpeting as Red Shoes but we have a great bunch of people who will make your visit just as pleasant if you pass this way. Look me up if you pass way down South.

JoeyA

Tobermory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if there is actually an ordinance that they are complying with, then maybe Red Shoes might still be worth a visit, despite the odd thing with all the windows!

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...hum, this ordinance construes the problem that so many “what is wrong with pool” threads exist. Is [it] from the past and present protecting the future, for such an ordinance to exist? Like smokers, there’s a warning label, if the proprietor had the option of widows for viewing or blinds, curtains or no windows as long as the proper warning label affixed to the door that read “you may leave broke and naked”; would business be better, worse or the same? What would the stories be exiting said warning label rooms? Do you think a Donald Trump billiard room would have windows or need/should have windows?

I suppose if I researched it I may find out, which I have not; what brought about the “red shoes” name?

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Jive,

That was a GREAT post about Red Shoes. I've never been there but I would go there in a heart beat based upon what you wrote.

Buffalo Billiards in Metairie, LA isn't quite as nice with the carpeting as Red Shoes but we have a great bunch of people who will make your visit just as pleasant if you pass this way. Look me up if you pass way down South.

JoeyA

Thanks Joey, I'll be sure to drop you a line when I do.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I suppose if I researched it I may find out, which I have not; what brought about the “red shoes” name?

Actually J-Flo told me the story behind Red Shoes but i think he'll do a better job sharing it with us :)

vacation

Living Good.
Silver Member
I've never made it out to Red Shoes but I can attest to John is one of the nicest guys I've met around here to play with.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
i knew the world was tipping, even the pictures are all leaning left and right.
or is that how you see?? if thats how you play, you're welcome to NY for a good cash game anytime. lol. :thumbup:

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jive and Red Shoes

Jive it was great to meet you face to face.

It was a really good time at Red Shoes! John (the owner) was the best host. J-Flo, as always, was fun to be around.

I love going to Red Shoes, one of the few places where pool comes first. The other things (food, drinks...) are only there to support pool.

John

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at Red Shoes, it is an awesome place to play! And I'm there about once a week give or take.

Always action to be found there!

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Jive it was great to meet you face to face.

It was a really good time at Red Shoes! John (the owner) was the best host. J-Flo, as always, was fun to be around.

I love going to Red Shoes, one of the few places where pool comes first. The other things (food, drinks...) are only there to support pool.

John

Good meeting you too John, hopefully we'll do that real soon.

Pizza was definitely good, wish I finished the last few slices now..