Wax off Wax on, what wax do you use?

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
band aid

Very good tip. Sounds scary, but I'll trust you enough that it won't hurt the shaft that I'll give it a go on some cheapos and see how it goes. Thanks.:smile:

I use a wet band aid and a eye dropper, after a couple of days and maybe 3 drops on a bigger dent .

A friend of mine got the shaft of his cue pinched between the door hinge and the wall.
it almost pinched the shaft into. 1 week latter you would of bet money that wasn't the same shaft .
MMike

Bassmaster

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
I've tried every wax imaginable.....furniture, auto, pool cue. The best cue wax is made by a company in Birmingham. England. I've been using their cue wax for the past 3 years and nothing beats it.

It's a bit pricey because of the shipping cost to the USA which doubles the cost of the wax. Smallest order quantity is 3 cans and sometimes you can find this offered on e-Bay. My contact there is Simon Brown and he's just a great guy and totally dependable. Anyway, 3 cans would run you an average cost just under $12.00 a can ( quantity of 3 cans). It's well worth the price and 3 cans should last you a while. I order in a minimum quantity of a dozen because I polish my pool cue shafts several times a week and I also wax 3-4 cue shafts for my pals.

I wish I could have gotten exclusive distribution rights for the States but that wasn't even a option.This is really the best cue wax around and maybe 3 pool buddies should split an order to try this wax......you will not be disappointed. Do not order this product during seasonally hot weather. I just lost an order of 15 cans that was shipped this past July and the cans were ruined by extreme heat. Keep in mind that it takes more than a week in transit to get here from England and shipping during the summer months is ill advised. I'll only order from now own from mid October through April as I reside in Central California.

Anyway, the name of the company is Craftsman Cues and get in touch with Simon. Tell him Matt from California sent you his way......this guy is so great that he refunded me the entire purchase price on my order of 15 cans. I was able to salvage 5 cans by placing them in the refrigerator and I contacted Simon and offered to pay for at least part of the order and 1/3 seemed about right. Simon politely declined and said it was a mutual lesson learned about not shipping cue wax during hot weather and he wasn't concerned about any payment. I'd been a good customer and he said my patronage was worth more to him than the last order so just consider this to be a freebie.

You can Google Craftsman Cues or periodically keep checking e-Bay under pool cue wax search.......You can't go wrong.

I ordered and tried some of this craftsman wax..this stuff is awesome..gives a good shine a lasting finish and does not feel sticky.....the three cans should last a good while..took about 2 weeks to get here...was gonna sell a can..but think ill just hold on to it.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
"I know this is a old post but has anyone ever used surf board wax?"

It wasn't actually for surfboards,but I found a Mr. Zog's Sex Wax variant marketed for skateboarders and used it for a while. It works great,but doesn't last as long as other stuff and found out thru trial and error that it HAS to be applied with a lathe.

Since my original post,I have tried and like Renaissance wax pretty well.

I've also tried the Longoni Special Wax available thru Atlas,and it's impressive.

The only drawback to it is the size of the container. Tommy D.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Wax

I know this is a old post but has anyone ever used surf board wax?

No I haven't, but I know its is a carnauba based wax or at least the surf board wax called Sex Wax.

Carnauba wax is the hardest of all the waxes and has the highest melting point.

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I know this is a old post but has anyone ever used surf board wax?"

It wasn't actually for surfboards,but I found a Mr. Zog's Sex Wax variant marketed for skateboarders and used it for a while. It works great,but doesn't last as long as other stuff and found out thru trial and error that it HAS to be applied with a lathe.

Since my original post,I have tried and like Renaissance wax pretty well.

I've also tried the Longoni Special Wax available thru Atlas,and it's impressive.

The only drawback to it is the size of the container. Tommy D.

What's the easiest to use when applying by hand?
Normally I used nicks edge then que silk on a paper towel. Then a seude burnisher.

Now I have 5 new shafts to do and I know I don't have enough q silk to do them all.