We are europe

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hmmm...guess the British players shouldn't be allowed to play for Europe now.

Yes, Brexit should change the complexion of the Mosconi Cup, I would think!..Maybe a completely new order of competition should be considered?..For the last several years, it has been heavily loaded against the U.S.!..Perhaps a radical change should be put in place.

Europe has always had a lot of different countries to draw talent from..How about making the MC a true 'world' competition?..It would require some tinkering, but I envision it something like this!..Matchroom could still be the organizer, but with 3 or 4 different groups of countries competing, somewhat regional in scope!

For example..(A) Europe, and all its existing countries as one group..(B) All of Great Britain and Canada as another..(C) U.S. and all of the So. American countries as another..And (D) Asia, Japan, and the Philipines as another!..This may be turn out to be a little too heavily loaded (talent wise) in favor of group 'D'!..However, adjustments could be made to level the playing field.

It is certainly something worth considering..Times have changed drastically, and it is no longer a fair arrangement..Nor has the MC ever been a true 'world' competition..What say you all?

PS..If we want to keep calling our fall baseball classic the "World Series", sooner or later we are going to have to let the rest of the world in on it, right? :eek:

Last edited:

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Yes, Brexit should change the complexion of the Mosconi Cup, I would think!..Maybe a completely new order of competition should be considered?..For the last several years, it has been heavily loaded against the U.S.!..Perhaps a radical change should be put in place.

Europe has always had a lot of different countries to draw talent from..How about making the MC a true 'world' competition?..It would require some tinkering, but I envision it something like this!..Matchroom could still be the organizer, but with 3 or 4 different groups of countries competing.

For example..(A) Europe, and all its existing countries as one group..(B) All of Great Britain and Canada as another..(C) U.S. and all of the So. American countries as another..And (D) Asia, Japan, and the Philipines as another!

This may be turn out to be a little too heavily loaded (talent wise) in favor of group 'D'!..However, adjustments could be made to level the playing field!..It is certainly something worth considering..Times have changed drastically, and it is no longer a workable, fair arrangement..Nor has it ever been a true 'world' competition ..What say you all?

Complete and utter rubbish.:)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Europe has always had a lot of different countries to draw talent from..How about making the
MC a true 'world' competition?..It would require some tinkering, but I envision it something like this!..Matchroom could still be the organizer, but with 3 or 4 different groups of countries competing, somewhat regional in scope!

For example..(A) Europe, and all its existing countries as one group..(B) All of Great Britain and Canada as another..(C) U.S. and all of the So. American countries as another..And (D) Asia, Japan, and the Philipines as another!..This may be turn out to be a little too heavily loaded (talent wise) in favor of group 'D'!..However, adjustments could be made to level the playing field.

It is certainly something worth considering..Times have changed drastically, and it is no longer a fair arrangement..Nor has the MC ever been a true 'world' competition..What say you all?
Kinda agree. I've thought the same thing about the RyderCup for years. Group D would probably wail on everyone else, i agree.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i want one slot reserved on each team reserved for the amateur champion! For Europe, the captain would pick the country that the amateur would come from. My money's on Parks!

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's me, but I just don't get it.... You reside in America, pay American taxes, and are an American citizen. ...yet you play on the European team??? :confused:

I like like the Idea of letting other countries play, but the Asian's would likely dominate!

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ģüśţāṿ;5742429 said:
Maybe it's me, but I just don't get it.... You reside in America, pay American taxes, and are an American citizen. ...yet you play on the European team??? :confused:

I like like the Idea of letting other countries play, but the Asian's would likely dominate!
I didn't think Daz or Shaw were US citizens.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Ģüśţāṿ;5742429 said:

It certainly doesn't take much to confuse you.:D

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Complete and utter rubbish.:)

Thank you sir!..Given your track record for never being right about anything, definitely means it is a great idea! :thumbup:

PS..Talk about 'confused' ??? (your picture is next to it in the dictionary)

Last edited:

genuino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the deal bashing Europeans? Aren't we their descendants? Everyone here has European in them, ..........but what do I know.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tooo funnny!

Team Europe has fantastic shooters and I enjoy watching them, they are great!

Team USA not as good with the current format.

But, you guys got kicked in the butt and left America.

When you turned your back on Israel for oil money you ceased being a world power.

Would a Team England, Team Germany, Team France, Team Sweden, .etc. beat Team USA, I doubt it.

So, you cherry pick from all over Europe for a team.

You guys got so tired of Team USA beating your butt you had to change the rack and rack the 9 on the spot before you could win.

Put the 9 back where it belongs when you play in America and see how that goes.

Please don't act like your invincible on a level playing field.

If you think you are try playing a Team Asia with the same format.

I know who I would bet on.

It is named after an American player, gotta love that boys!

But, individually, they are for the most part, true professionals and a joy to watch!