We finally have action!

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After 2 months worth of talking about it, we have finally created some action from this forum. I know a couple of posters think this is bad for the forum, but TOO BAD!!! LilJon took me up on my offer to gamble and he is playing Cris Bartram and Jason Kirkwood tomorrow night in his hometown. Win or lose, I am just glad something finally happened! WHERE YOU AT JESSE BOWMAN????

Railbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billychips said:
After 2 months worth of talking about it, we have finally created some action from this forum. I know a couple of posters think this is bad for the forum, but TOO BAD!!! LilJon took me up on my offer to gamble and he is playing Cris Bartram and Jason Kirkwood tomorrow night in his hometown. Win or lose, I am just glad something finally happened! WHERE YOU AT JESSE BOWMAN????

Please keep us interested parties posted!

Jim

NorthCarolinian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billy, i think it is great also,

but you gotta do better with the details,
1 Whose hometown are they playing in?
2 Who plays Lil John first? what game are they playin? How are they playing?
3 How much candy are they playing for?

If its a thousand a set, everyone probably likes Bartrum and Kirkwood, but if the bet is 10K or 20K Lil John is the favorite, all things being equal with a fair game, as Kirkwood is the best of these three followed by Bartum, but if Lil John gets a good little spot, it can change everything.

what kind of sets are being played? ahead? races to 11, 15???

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok

NorthCarolinian said:
billy, i think it is great also,

but you gotta do better with the details,
1 Whose hometown are they playing in?
2 Who plays Lil John first? what game are they playin? How are they playing?
3 How much candy are they playing for?

If its a thousand a set, everyone probably likes Bartrum and Kirkwood, but if the bet is 10K or 20K Lil John is the favorite, all things being equal with a fair game, as Kirkwood is the best of these three followed by Bartum, but if Lil John gets a good little spot, it can change everything.

what kind of sets are being played? ahead? races to 11, 15???

Thats is hilarious to me that you think the bet will make John the favorite. he has not gambled for anywhere near the dollar amount Chris has played for. Its not even close. PM me and I will give you details. Anyway, Chris and Jason are playing partners, shoot til u miss. they are giving John the 8 ball in Mississippi. They are playing 10 ahead for a decent amount. But i will guarantee you this, John hasnt sniffed the action that Chris has been in the last 3 years.

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billychips said:
Thats is hilarious to me that you think the bet will make John the favorite. he has not gambled for anywhere near the dollar amount Chris has played for. Its not even close. PM me and I will give you details. Anyway, Chris and Jason are playing partners, shoot til u miss. they are giving John the 8 ball in Mississippi. They are playing 10 ahead for a decent amount. But i will guarantee you this, John hasnt sniffed the action that Chris has been in the last 3 years.

Billy,
We are boyh Ohioans who have a lot of gamble, and are willing to bet it up. Trust me on this the more is bet the less of a dog LJ becomes. He will put everything up he has and play stronger then when he is pumped up. John plays for 10k+ more then I play at all. Chris is a great player and I like your end of it, but do not think for a moment LJ is not a stone cold gambler He is maybe the best action in the US today....

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where u at in ohio?

huckster said:
Billy,
We are boyh Ohioans who have a lot of gamble, and are willing to bet it up. Trust me on this the more is bet the less of a dog LJ becomes. He will put everything up he has and play stronger then when he is pumped up. John plays for 10k+ more then I play at all. Chris is a great player and I like your end of it, but do not think for a moment LJ is not a stone cold gambler He is maybe the best action in the US today....

where you from??? where do you play??? I promise you this, Bartram is the best action in the country.

NorthCarolinian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where you from??? where do you play??? I promise you this, Bartram is the best action in the country.

not so sure, billy. He would not lock up 5 or 10k against tony watson at last years carolinas open

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billychips said:

I am from the Canton area. I am friends with Szuter. I do not play at all anymore I only play poker now. I used to back Antonio Lining, Jose Parica, Dennis Hatch, Jack Hynes, Cliff Joyner, Rob Saez, Cisco Diaz, Jerry Slivka, Lee Van Corteza, and a host of other players. We have per Capita maybe the best pool players in the nation, but some of those Southern boys will bet it up. Every great road trip I have ever been on always ended up in the South. Lil John is protypical of the Southern player. He bets whatever he can and you have to beat him because he will not quit. I watched him lay down a six or seven pack at the U.S open, he has a gear. I have seen Kirkwood and Bartrum play and it's no secret they are champions. I know what way I would bet in your game. i am envious because you got action with LJ and I have been trying for awile to line something up. Not because I think it would be a lock, but because he is a gentleman and he will bet to the moon.

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow

huckster said:
I am from the Canton area. I am friends with Szuter. I do not play at all anymore I only play poker now. I used to back Antonio Lining, Jose Parica, Dennis Hatch, Jack Hynes, Cliff Joyner, Rob Saez, Cisco Diaz, Jerry Slivka, Lee Van Corteza, and a host of other players. We have per Capita maybe the best pool players in the nation, but some of those Southern boys will bet it up. Every great road trip I have ever been on always ended up in the South. Lil John is protypical of the Southern player. He bets whatever he can and you have to beat him because he will not quit. I watched him lay down a six or seven pack at the U.S open, he has a gear. I have seen Kirkwood and Bartrum play and it's no secret they are champions. I know what way I would bet in your game. i am envious because you got action with LJ and I have been trying for awile to line something up. Not because I think it would be a lock, but because he is a gentleman and he will bet to the moon.

thats a pretty impressive list of players. I know the canton area well. I moved to florida and I miss the action in ohio. I havent been to a pool hall since I moved here other than when Chris played Bubba a few months ago. I went on the road with him and danny a few times and it has to be some of the best times of my life. Cant do it any more with a business and all, but I still get a lot of action betting on Chris.

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wht about Keith Bennett

NorthCarolinian said:

not so sure, billy. He would not lock up 5 or 10k against tony watson at last years carolinas open

you thin he wants to play Chris some more. He beat him at DCC so I think a rematch is in order.

stolz2

Kid Mack
Silver Member
who is best?

billychips said:

Billy,

I like your style, but every body thinks that there horse has the nuts. I just cant wait to see the outcome, please keep us updated or better yet record the match. Good luck man.

Mack

Last edited:

stolz2

Kid Mack
Silver Member
4 Little John

Little John if you read this please PM me. Or if anyone can get in touch with him please PM me.

Mack