Webt and played at Marietta billiards this weekend.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
It was good times. The food was excellent. Me and my bro went and played on table 1. Its a triple shimmed diamond that would likely give the tar table a run for its money. Shawn Putnam was playing on the table next to us and told me that it has 4 inch pockets.

I was satisfied with how I was playing on it. I beat mu bro for dinner and time.

I didn't know about the gsbt in advance so I didnt get there in time to play in it but i watched a little of it.

Some good players were there.

I definitely recommend going there if given the opportunity.


Jaden
 
The last time I played there, my nose ran and I coughed for 3 days after. Too smokey, I won't be back..........

It's the 21st century.............. time to rethink smoking.

Kim
 
I went there for the gem city classic. I am not a smoker and did not notice the smoke. It is a topnotch poolhall. Between the staff and the regulars there is always a world class poolplayer around.
 
I agree it is a great place, and I did not notice the smoke when I was there. I was in town for training, and met my buddy Richard Andrews from AL down there. They wouldn't let us play on table 1 for some reason, so we ended up on the GC next to it, which I understood to have 3 7/8" pockets. :eek: That's a small hole, to be sure, but the table doesn't play quite as brutal as it sounds. Good place, and I will def be back next time I'm in ATL.

Aaron
 
yeah the one you played on IS tabke one.

I agree it is a great place, and I did not notice the smoke when I was there. I was in town for training, and met my buddy Richard Andrews from AL down there. They wouldn't let us play on table 1 for some reason, so we ended up on the GC next to it, which I understood to have 3 7/8" pockets. :eek: That's a small hole, to be sure, but the table doesn't play quite as brutal as it sounds. Good place, and I will def be back next time I'm in ATL.

Aaron

yeah that first table isn't numbered and isn't for rent. The super tight diamond is table one. Yeah we got a few comments and lookie lou,s when we were running out on that table but were from Cali where tight tables are the main course.

Jaden
 
Well if anyone is deciding to give Marietta Billiards Club a try due to this review please remember that Johnny Archer and Nick Varner will be there on Wed Sept 12 to do a show and A clinic from 6pm to 10pm on Thursday the 13th. It would be a good time to go and check the place out.
 
Is this room "smoke free"?

MBC isn't smoke free, but it's usually not too bad in the afternoon when there are less people. Also, if you get one of the tables near the entrance it's not too bad. The establishment has smoke-filtration and usually extra industrial grade portable fans are turned on to aide air circulation.

I don't think there are any smoke-free pool rooms in the greater Atlanta area, but I may be wrong...
 
yeah that first table isn't numbered and isn't for rent. The super tight diamond is table one. Yeah we got a few comments and lookie lou,s when we were running out on that table but were from Cali where tight tables are the main course.

Jaden

Oh, I see. Yeah, I don't think anyone believed me when I said I ran a handful of racks of 15-ball rotation over about a 4 hour period on that GC, but I did. I was just making the point that even a tight table can play really fair if it's set up right. I have played at Hard Times in LA and Family Billiards in SF, and to me those Ernesto tables with ~4" pockets play much tougher. You are lucky - it's a real treat to play in some of the rooms in Cali.

Aaron
 
Last edited:
I was there this past weekend. They should be embarrassed to have a tournament on the Olhausen tables that look like they have NOT been covered in ages. They were/are pathetic. Worn out cloth. no spots on the foot string, tattered cloth at the mouth of the pockets, some of the rails played like a two by four while others played like a trampoline. World class my a$$. I won`t be back.
 
I was there this past weekend. They should be embarrassed to have a tournament on the Olhausen tables that look like they have NOT been covered in ages. They were/are pathetic. Worn out cloth. no spots on the foot string, tattered cloth at the mouth of the pockets, some of the rails played like a two by four while others played like a trampoline. World class my a$$. I won`t be back.

I thought they recovered them, no? They are supposed too. But yes, if they were not recovered, they are in pretty poor shape. They were last recovered a couple years ago for the Gem City if I am not mistaken. I live near and play there, but have been traveling a ton and haven't been in a bit.

I did play on the Diamond Pro lat time, and it was sweet.
 
i played there last thursday and was told the tables were to be recovered before saturday when the tournament started but at that time there were only 2 tables done....i didn't see any way tht the job would be done in time and guess it wasn't. mark gregory had done the work so i don't know why the rest of the tables weren't finished. the tables are in really bad shape though. the recovered table i played on that night had a problem with the rails especially at the pocket and thta has nothing to do with mark's work. i do not go there anymore due to the condition of the tables...when they get recovered i will return as the food is good and staff is polite.
 
Back
Top