what a combination, colorblind & a dumass lol

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
everybody knows how colorblind i am
reds & greens are the worst for me
i put this butterfly front & butt together & apparently i used a pc of bloodwood on the buttsleeve instead of redheart to match the forearm
my wife pointed out the difference in color, that I DON'T SEE
i can see some difference in the grain, but not color :rolleyes:

whatya think??
make another set to match???

DSCF3744.jpg

DSCF3743.jpg
 
Maybe we AZer's can take up a collection to buy you a seeing-eye dog to help you around your shop in your golden years.:D
Just do like I do...EVERY single piece of wood in my shop, no matter how small...has a small sticker on it with the wood name.;)
 
Varney Cues said:
Maybe we AZer's can take up a collection to buy you a seeing-eye dog to help you around your shop in your golden years.:D
Just do like I do...EVERY single piece of wood in my shop, no matter how small...has a small sticker on it with the wood name.;)
i may do that, but it will be a LARGE sticker ;)
 
BHQ don't feel too bad. Only the grain looks different to me. Then again one reason I am not in the Air Force anymore is because of my horrible color vision and depth perception. :eek: Things like this make me think what the rest of the world gets to see that I don't... I've bought more than one shirt before that I thought was dark blue that turned out to be purple... lol.
 
people have asked me how the hell i drive,
not being able to see reds & greens
red on top, green on bottom :eek:
 
Since your so booked with work just throw it out. And since youre thowing it out anyway, may as well quickly finish it and ship it to me. I'm red/green colorblind as well so I won't care, especially since its free. ;)

J/K Brent. I'd say just make another set to match. BTW you can't do much about the colorblindness, so I'd focus my efforts on the dumbass part of the problem. :D
 
What if it's a blinking red light (same as a stop sign)? How do you know it's not a blinking yellow light?
 
BHQ said:
people have asked me how the hell i drive,
not being able to see reds & greens
red on top, green on bottom :eek:


And isn't it amazing how they always start in with the "So what color is this?" questions. So annoying when they do that.
 
Who's to say that you didn't do it on purpose? If you make the other set to match I am sure someone would like it, plus it would be an original looking cue!
 
back in the days . . .

Back in the days of the draft we never knew my cousin was color blind until Uncle Sugar sent him back home. Reject!

He didn't complain.

Hu
 
txplshrk said:
Who's to say that you didn't do it on purpose? If you make the other set to match I am sure someone would like it, plus it would be an original looking cue!
the cat is out of the bag now.
no, it was not intentional, trust me. ;)
 
I am color-blind as well, and only see the slight variation in grain, but no difference in color. You can make a cue for me any time!!! It may be butt ugly (couldn't help the pun), but we won't notice! Nice cue, BTW.:)
 
noRulez said:
I thought he was color blind. I guess I don't get it. :o

He is color blind when it comes to greens and reds!

Someone asked him how he knows the difference between red and yellow flashing lights!

Because Yellow still looks yellow to him!

Green and Reds are the only thing that look the same to him.

You get it now?

Most people that are color blind are only color blind on a few colors. At least from what I have been told.

However I think my old lady is color blind all the way around sometimes! LOL
 
txplshrk said:
He is color blind when it comes to greens and reds!

Someone asked him how he knows the difference between red and yellow flashing lights!

Because Yellow still looks yellow to him!

Green and Reds are the only thing that look the same to him.

You get it now?

Most people that are color blind are only color blind on a few colors. At least from what I have been told.

However I think my old lady is color blind all the way around sometimes! LOL

No need for ninety exclamation points. He said he is color blind mostly with green and red...that doesn't mean that he isn't at all with other colors. See how I refrained from using exclamation points? :)
 
Last edited:
cuenut said:
I am color-blind as well, and only see the slight variation in grain, but no difference in color. You can make a cue for me any time!!! It may be butt ugly (couldn't help the pun), but we won't notice! Nice cue, BTW.:)

Are you a monotone color-blind? I knew someone who see things in gray-shades only, and yes, he is a painter/artist.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top