What are the must see Pool Rooms in the Nashville area?

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the must see pool rooms in the Nashville area?

I have to travel to Nashville end of May beginning of June and want to check out a few rooms while I'm in the area.

Also any rooms that are suggested if you could give me some details on the rooms like type of tables, food, and etc that would be great.

If any AZer's want to meet up for a few games or some beers let me know as well.

Thanks

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J.O.B.'s is by far the best in the Nashville area.
They have about 25 Diamond BB tables with Simonis cloth.
They have 3 Nine footers and 1 Snooker table.
There's plenty of gambling action if wanted. The food is pretty good as well.
Weekly tournaments I believe.

There's a room downtown Nashville called Buffalo Billards. I think they have several nine footers. I've heard the food is very good. It's more of a meeting place for drinks than pool action. Very convenient if your downtown.

There's a room across the street from the Vanderbilt Hospital Emergency room called HQ's. Decent tables and food not bad. Lot smaller place than J.O.B.'s.
Really not worth going out of the way. If your close then not a bad place to play.

Few other small rooms within 15-20 miles of downtown but none as good as J.O.B.'s as far as tables, action, and food.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input. It looks like JOB is the loaves to go in the Nashville area. Not sure where I'm staying yet I'll try and push for somewhere near JOB side of town.

Is there any part if Nashville to avoid?

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Is there any part if Nashville to avoid?

LOL, yeah, the area JOB's is in.

If you have a choice of where to stay to be close to the airport and JOB see if you can get a room around Opryland. It is about halfway between the airport and the poolroom on Briley Pkwy.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you have a choice of where to stay to be close to the airport and JOB see if you can get a room around Opryland. It is about halfway between the airport and the poolroom on Briley Pkwy.

Thank you Sir.

Sometimes the customer picks the hotels so I may not have a choice. If I do I will definitely check out your suggestion.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dates are still getting firmed up but should have it figured out this week.

The tentative dates I will be in Nashville are May 26 or 27 till June 2nd. I will be going out with the customer a few nights and see a vendor one day but most nights I should be free. JOB will be my place to hit on my free time and would like to meet up with any AZer's in the area that want to.

I will also take in some of the sites, food, and music while in town.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It was really nice years ago. That shopping center was the shit...I grew up down the road from there.

Another lodging option might be the Goodletsville-Two Mile Pike area just north of Job's. (actually next exit off I 65) Probably cheaper than the airport area, and a little closer too. (not to mention safer)