What center cueball has done for "The Blade"Stevie Moore

George

Balance is everything
Silver Member
I won't comment on all the bickering going on here other than to say you all need to check yourselves.

To Steve and Stan, if you guys are gonna post and teach on an open forum you're gonna need to grow some thicker skin. I applaud both of you for being here but seriously, this is the internet. If you can't ignore the dissenting opinions and interact with the people that are happy to have you here then just hang up your screen names now. The naysayers are always gonna be there, help the ones who want it and ignore the rest.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I won't comment on all the bickering going on here other than to say you all need to check yourselves.

To Steve and Stan, if you guys are gonna post and teach on an open forum you're gonna need to grow some thicker skin. I applaud both of you for being here but seriously, this is the internet. If you can't ignore the dissenting opinions and interact with the people that are happy to have you here then just hang up your screen names now. The naysayers are always gonna be there, help the ones who want it and ignore the rest.

Tap..Tap..Tap...

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
The thing that I don't understand is that many of the detractors were among the most vocal in trying to get an aiming sub forum here, so all the aiming threads wouldn't clutter up the Main Forum.

Yet those same people felt the need to also go into the Aiming Sub Forum and continue the fight, even after they got what they wanted by getting the aiming threads moved...

If those threads bothered them so much, why keep reading them, and fighting in them, once segregated?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The thing that I don't understand is that many of the detractors were among the most vocal in trying to get an aiming sub forum here, so all the aiming threads wouldn't clutter up the Main Forum.

Yet those same people felt the need to also go into the Aiming Sub Forum and continue the fight, even after they got what they wanted by getting the aiming threads moved...

If those threads bothered them so much, why keep reading them, and fighting in them, once segregated?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=292841
Like in that thread ? :grin-square:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

::bowing down::

100% agree. I just don't get it. What it appear to have done, though, is move the childish aiming bickering off of the Main forum, to this dedicated area. And unfortunately enough, the tag line under the forum's "Aiming Conversation" header:

"How do you aim? How should everyone else aim? Argue to your heart's content."​

...appears to have been prophetic and spot on.

-Sean

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Why that is quite simple. It's all about their need to control and what others think, do and say.

Hopefully, those days are gone for good.

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member

It would also be of benefit to make liberal use of the ignore
function.
That way you see a name posting, but nothing else.

If you are really interested you can take a peek.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
::bowing down::

100% agree. I just don't get it. What it appear to have done, though, is move the childish aiming bickering off of the Main forum, to this dedicated area. And unfortunately enough, the tag line under the forum's "Aiming Conversation" header:

"How do you aim? How should everyone else aim? Argue to your heart's content."​

...appears to have been prophetic and spot on.

-Sean

PJ should have only posted there.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think the detractors wanted the aiming forum so they wouldn't have to waste time looking for threads to fight about in the main forum.

Back on topic, I really appreciate what you are doing for az in general stevie. I have learned quite a bit from your posts an areas I haven't given much thought to in the past. I will hopefully by buying a copy of Pro One in the future. I wish I still lived in So Cal so I could make the trip to Las Vegas for a full day lesson.

George

Balance is everything
Silver Member

It would also be of benefit to make liberal use of the ignore
function.
That way you see a name posting, but nothing else.

If you are really interested you can take a peek.

Yes, great suggestion. I personally don't do it but I have the self control not to respond(this hasn't always been the case:eek:). Older and wiser I hope ;)

Chicken_Blood

Carpe Poultry
Silver Member
Okay, Jim, I will dismiss myself from further posting in this thread. I thought my posts were being received quite well. Mr. Wilson is probably hawking my presentation of myth.

What a damn shame that I can't make it through a series of lessons without interference.

I have lots to offer and I am certain of that. So, I am done for awhile. It happens every time.

Stan Shuffett
Stan don't go because of anyone. We Appreciate your involvement.

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
Steve, I'm a little confused, when you say center ball, are you saying/implying that using english is wrong or bad?

If so, that means that Buddy Halls clock system is wrong?

I am not meaning to cause an arguement here, just curious as to if I am understanding correctly?

By the way, I have met you several times Stevie, mainly in FWB Florida when you used to run with JF. And you probably know my buddies, DB and WB from florida, I know you have played WB before in the BirdBowl.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve, I'm a little confused, when you say center ball, are you saying/implying that using english is wrong or bad?

If so, that means that Buddy Halls clock system is wrong?

I am not meaning to cause an arguement here, just curious as to if I am understanding correctly?

By the way, I have met you several times Stevie, mainly in FWB Florida when you used to run with JF. And you probably know my buddies, DB and WB from florida, I know you have played WB before in the BirdBowl.

The gift of CTE PRO ONE is that it gives an objective shot line for every shot. That shot line can be used for CCB and it's also very effective as a reference for applying minimal amounts of spin whether inside or outside.

All shots are based on CCB as a reference.

I will address this issue quite well on DVD2.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
The gift of CTE PRO ONE is that it gives an objective shot line for every shot. That shot line can be used for CCB and it's also very effective as a reference for applying minimal amounts of spin whether inside or outside.

All shots are based on CCB as a reference.

I will address this issue quite well on DVD2.

Stan Shuffett

Stan, thanks for replying.

What do you mean by Objective Shot Line?

And what do you mean by that shot line can be used for Center Cue Ball?

And what do you mean by it can be used as a reference for applying minimal amounts of spin?

I understand the words your saying, I believe but not sure what you mean?

Objective shot line?
Shot line used for CCB
Rereference for applying spin?

All that sound to techincal, can you explain this in simple terms?

I believe that if you can explain your concepts in simple understandable terms people will be more receptable? Maybe not?

I teach also, and one thing I have learned is that it does not matter how much you know about a subject, if your gonna teach others and teach others well, it has to be taught simple enough that a child could understand it.

When I say child, I am not saying a 5 year old, but definately someone that is 9 to 12 years old.

I am looking forward to understanding this in the simplest terms.

All the best,

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, thanks for replying.

What do you mean by Objective Shot Line?

And what do you mean by that shot line can be used for Center Cue Ball?

And what do you mean by it can be used as a reference for applying minimal amounts of spin?

I understand the words your saying, I believe but not sure what you mean?

Objective shot line?
Shot line used for CCB
Rereference for applying spin?

All that sound to techincal, can you explain this in simple terms?

I believe that if you can explain your concepts in simple understandable terms people will be more receptable? Maybe not?

I teach also, and one thing I have learned is that it does not matter how much you know about a subject, if your gonna teach others and teach others well, it has to be taught simple enough that a child could understand it.

When I say child, I am not saying a 5 year old, but definately someone that is 9 to 12 years old.

I am looking forward to understanding this in the simplest terms.

All the best,

CTE is a visual system. The system takes the eyes to the shot line. From there CCB can be used or minimal spin.

You will absolutely get CTE in the simplest terms on DVD2.

Stan Shuffett

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have lots of allies here who share that outlook.

pj
chgo

Mr. Wilson, please work your magic. We shouldn't have to wade through this for so long to get to the ones who contribute in a positive way. We don't want to drive away those who legitimately want to help others improve and have the credentials.