what cues are saving up for ?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice! Fortunately, you can get those for about the price of a mid-range McDermott. :smile:

If my golf buddies, who think golf clubs are expensive, ever knew what we pay for a freaking pool cue, they’d throw up! :D
Mine came out of his Design Studio. Just a TAD more $$$ than a Titleist Scotty. Not braggin', just fact.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have used the custom shop a number of times. Here are some (not all) of the scottys I use the most. Would be great if cues were in putter price range. Would need a really rare Circle T to touch most cue prices

upedXD6.jpg

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Watch the obituaries. After I board the bus, you can contact my next of kin. Your cue is in the lead box with the label "The most special I cue I owned." :)

That doesn't look good for me, I'm going to be gone way before you sir.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the cues I want and have "thinned the herd" down to my keepers.

The only cue I would pick up would be a Kersenbrock. Seldom see them for sale.

If I had to sell all my cues, the last cue I would sell would be my Schick, of all my cues it is my favorite by far.

Ken

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Currently play with a base Pechauer but really like the looks of the JP17-Q.

I think the price point matches my skill level but who knows. Does it really matter?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Currently play with a base Pechauer but really like the looks of the JP17-Q.

I think the price point matches my skill level but who knows. Does it really matter?

No, it doesn't matter. All it takes to own a fine cue is the ability to write a check. I mean, do you think all Ferrari owners are skilled drivers?

By the way, your Pechauer is a darned good cue to play with...built very well.

(edit) I'm not saving for a cue. Once I got a Josey, I quit thinking about buying another cue. But then, I'm not an addicted to collecting guy.
Not that there is anything wrong with collecting as long as it remains harmless...doesn't take food from the table. If you want to do it, and can afford it, go for it if that's your thing.

Last edited:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
or you might just not have to save up lol .

i need to stop looking at cues , one i liked i had to back out because my chihuahua
needs surgery to remove some bad teeth . and that is 1,500 dollars . but she is more important then a pool cue / furbabies are family she is 14 ,

and i know some hurt and she cant tell they hurt but she wont let me touch her mouth and you can smell a little rotten smell . this popped up this week . im thinking on abcesed and broke open . she is on pain meds til i can get her in .

im gonna try to save up for a bushka or gus . i know , but if dream dream big .

i will get there and if other med problems arise family first .

ive babbled enough , what are you looking to buy or save for ??

A Richard Black...
At 52 yrs of age... I finally got one about a month ago
Now I just need an extra playing shaft.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some cues just so rarely come available for sale on the used market though, like Mike Durbin cues for example. There is a cue maker that may not be as well known as the top 10 cues makers, or whatever, but his cues hit amazing, and are super nice, in my opinion.

Probably a long waiting list for a custom build, directly from Durbin too.

I am not in the market, so I don’t have a wish list. But if I had a list, Mike Durbin would probably be in my top 10. I have had the opportunity to hit a few balls with two of his cues and I wanted to own both of them. Great playing cues and quality workmanship.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
I have the cues I want and have "thinned the herd" down to my keepers.

The only cue I would pick up would be a Kersenbrock. Seldom see them for sale.

If I had to sell all my cues, the last cue I would sell would be my Schick, of all my cues it is my favorite by far.

Ken

There's one DPK up for grabs: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=512758

I'm saving for a Jerry Franklin Southwest, have hit with one and the best hitting cue I've ever tried. And I've tried a few other SW's as well. The problem is that I need a 60" cue, and not many of them available. Had one offered to me some time ago but didn't have the funds at that time unfortunately.

Also I'm currently on the waiting list for a Bluegrass cue but wouldn't expect any progress soon.

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only cue I want is a 4 point ebony into ebony Tascarella. I’d sell every other cue I own to have one.

Sticking with my Schön R10 as my player for now.