What did you buy and how was your experience at the expo?

troi

more lucky than good...
Silver Member
Great time...

This was my first expo and I had a blast splitting time between it and classic billiards. Met lots of cool ppl and played so much pool that my muscles cramped. That was a first for me. Looking forward to the next one.

I thought these were neat.

6E2963D4-8894-45CB-A5B1-E759E8DC4E6B.jpg

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, the Expo was a great time as it always is. Place was PACKED and I had to drive around for a good 15 minutes before finally finding parking which I ultimately did in a dirt / rock field across the street. No worries though as it really wasn't that far of a walk and at least parking is still free which is a little surprising to me.

I took the suggestion someone on here put up about visiting the exotic jerky stand. Mmmm! Ate WAY too much jerky lol and Alligator was my fav. Speaking of alligator , I bought a real alligator head and a rabbits foot from same jerky stand. The head and the foot were $15 total. ( I spent more than that on jerky though lol !)☺.

That was me :)

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was me :)

Thanks brother!!! For sure everything there was AWESOME ! !! I did eat WAY TOO MUCH of everything but oh well. As mentioned, the alligator was my favorite BUT, the " BACON " was out of this world and somehow I managed to limit myself to only one of them. I could have easily killed a dozen or more though lol! Nice suggestion and thanks again as that was where I got my head and foot as well ☺

Ps- the " Cajun " was a close second! What's your favs there?

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wAnted go buy a set of tournament used cyclops balls but they said I had to wait until Sunday and we were heading home

he told me i could buy them they had some pairs under the table if you were leaving early. they may have run out though.

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know how much they were selling a 7' diamond for and how much the 9' footer was? Also did you have to be prepared to break it down and take it with you?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he told me i could buy them they had some pairs under the table if you were leaving early. they may have run out though.

So now even after being out for some years , I still think these things ARE HORRIBLE. Not even talking about playability but rather mixing the balls up while watching let alone playing. Saw a few f ups while watching with some hitting the total wrong ball because of the sesame Street colors lol. I know they were trying to be different to gain some market share but I'm something, anything mist have been better then what they came up with????

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So now even after being out for some years , I still think these things ARE HORRIBLE. Not even talking about playability but rather mixing the balls up while watching let alone playing. Saw a few f ups while watching with some hitting the total wrong ball because of the sesame Street colors lol. I know they were trying to be different to gain some market share but I'm something, anything mist have been better then what they came up with????

Totally agree with you. This was my first time playing with them and had to find the balls before i started shooting everytime. Didn't want to shoot the wrong ball by mistake. My i need a new set for my table and the price was very tempting.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the first year I went but didn't buy anything. I spent an hour or so watching the guy at the Tiger booth install a stacked leather wrap, which was pretty cool. I also spent some time at the Whitten Cases booth and I am *seriously* impressed. I will definitely be ordering one in the near future (delivery time for new orders is already out to May 2019!)

I think I watched 20 minutes of that wrap myself!

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Totally agree with you. This was my first time playing with them and had to find the balls before i started shooting everytime. Didn't want to shoot the wrong ball by mistake. My i need a new set for my table and the price was very tempting.

If they ceased production today ; then everyone that already bought these could have rare, limited production sets lol and then maybe they could make something that actually makes a tiny bit of sense and doesn't cost those that want a real set of cents $400-500????

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know how much they were selling a 7' diamond for and how much the 9' footer was? Also did you have to be prepared to break it down and take it with you?

I was told 4800 delivered for a 7 foot. I live about an hour a way.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They have been using those balls for 5 or 6 years now so I’ve become used to them but I understand you being irritated by it. I have to do a double take now and then with the damn 6 and 7.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
They have been using those balls for 5 or 6 years now so I’ve become used to them but I understand you being irritated by it. I have to do a double take now and then with the damn 6 and 7.

I had a set of cyclop balls a while back and the best way I got over the 6b/7b confusion was by making a 'go green' association so I knew the green 6 ball goes before the blue 7.

it really helped.

best,
brian kc

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I had a set of cyclop balls a while back and the best way I got over the 6b/7b confusion was by making a 'go green' association so I knew the green 6 ball goes before the blue 7.

it really helped.

best,
brian kc

I solved the problem of the different colors by NOT buying them...:angry:
The standard color Cyclop is a good ball...but identifying each ball messes up your
pattern play...( I've never lost to a player that had to look at the numbers)

When I played chess, I would only use Staunton pieces......
...and when I buy a book, it's written in English..
...chess and books are hard enough to understand, I don't need the extra difficulty.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As some one who is blue/green colorblind. It's really hard on me and I do have to look at the numbers when playing with them.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yup, the damned 6 and 7. I practice at my poolroom using the cyclops balls TV balls on a 9 foot Diamond about two weeks before the Expo just to familiarize myself to them.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the way there from the hotel on the 2nd day, I told Jin we would look for a light weight case since the one I got for him recently was way too heavy to walk around with for 12 hours.

Problem was, I couldn't find one that was lightweight but wasn't garbage.

Next thing I know Alex is yelling out to Jin asking if he wants to play a game. Of course that's an obvious answer and he goes on over. 3Seconds Cue vendor Tukuya tells Alex if Jin wins, he will give a case to Jin. Alex repeats it but adds in "But if I beat you, I will give you a case from him anyway hahaha". By the way, this case will be available here in the US soon.

So no, we didn't purchase the case, Jin got the ultimate gift...... a game with his idol, and a case signed and given to him!! More details of Jin and the expo here

Attachments

• 20180413_160547.jpg
    20180413_160547.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 20180413_160425.jpg
    20180413_160425.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 20180413_155431.jpg
    20180413_155431.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool .. I liked those cases but I couldn’t get myself to pull the trigger for $260. Just wasn’t enough case for that price tag. But hey .. free is good! Lol

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I was told 4800 delivered for a 7 foot. I live about an hour a way.

My buddy bought one from the expo on Thursday for 4200. It was delivered to him yesterday. Believe he is about an hour away as well.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool .. I liked those cases but I couldn’t get myself to pull the trigger for $260. Just wasn’t enough case for that price tag. But hey .. free is good! Lol

Yeah, its a little pricey... but great quality. Definitely lightweight if your dragging your cue case around for a couple days or longer. I may get one for myself when they are readily available here.