What do you guys do when you get carded?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
In my town they take your driver's license when they hand you the balls and hand it back when you pay your table time and return the balls. One reason I play mostly at home. What happens if they give my driver's license to someone else?
At this one medium sized room I frequent, the bartender was sorting left behind licenses. There were hundreds of them.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
So a few days ago I was at a bar at 7 am to play pool. The place has the worst tables in town. Anywho I was there and going to play pool when the bartender came over and asking if she could get me anything I said no and she asked for my ID. I told her I do not have it and left. It was a waste of time. Like yes I know I was in the wrong but I was just playing pool not drinking. Don't you guys wish places did not do this? How do you handle this? I am assuming you guys will think I am crazy for not carrying my ID.

Wait a minute, you pay for everything with a credit card yet you dont carry an exact same size piece of plastic known as an ID????

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait a minute, you pay for everything with a credit card yet you dont carry an exact same size piece of plastic known as an ID????

I say credit card for simplicity. My card is on my phone. I have a smartphone that has NFC or near field communication. So I download an app called google pay and wave my phone next to a card reader that accepts NFC and I can pay with a card on my phone. It is also known as contactless payment.

So a few days ago I was at a bar at 7 am to play pool. The place has the worst tables in town. Anywho I was there and going to play pool when the bartender came over and asking if she could get me anything I said no and she asked for my ID. I told her I do not have it and left. It was a waste of time. Like yes I know I was in the wrong but I was just playing pool not drinking. Don't you guys wish places did not do this? How do you handle this? I am assuming you guys will think I am crazy for not carrying my ID.
You show your ID or you leave. It’s pretty simple. You don’t make a fuss or throw a fit, you just show them your ID. And if you don’t have it you leave without a fuss.

Nyquil

Did you eve read or comprehend my original post? I said I was in the wrong. I know why they do it.
Then why post this? Some states have a lot of oversight in places where alcohol is served. If they screw up they could get their license revoked and be shutdown. I live in one of these states. I never go to the bar without my ID to play pool and I am dry player. If you got a problem with the rules buy your own table and play at home. Maybe get one of those unicorn converted 9 footers with batteries with a coin op to see if you can defeat it 🤔.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then why post this? Some states have a lot of oversight in places where alcohol is served. If they screw up they could get their license revoked and be shutdown. I live in one of these states. I never go to the bar without my ID to play pool and I am dry player. If you got a problem with the rules buy your own table and play at home. Maybe get one of those unicorn converted 9 footers with batteries with a coin op to see if you can defeat it 🤔.

And like I said if there was a security guard asking every time or the bartender asked me every time I would not really have a problem with it. But since I have been to this place dozens of times and this was the first time I was ever asked to produce ID I have a tiny problem with it. If I had room in my place and I could get a table of 7 foot or up for around 100 dollars I would. But I dont have room and tables cost way more so I will not be doing that.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
And like I said if there was a security guard asking every time or the bartender asked me every time I would not really have a problem with it. But since I have been to this place dozens of times and this was the first time I was ever asked to produce ID I have a tiny problem with it. If I had room in my place and I could get a table of 7 foot or up for around 100 dollars I would. But I dont have room and tables cost way more so I will not be doing that.
You still haven't figured it out?