What do you imagine playing the ghost?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
When playing the ghost what visuals come to your mind?

Is the ghost an attitude? Is it like a holy spirit? Maybe even a slogan you use to hype yourself up.

I am trying to come up with a pool mythology for the pool ghost.

• Haha
Reactions: Pin

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The Ectoplayer never misses...
I beat him once...I played him alternate break, rack your own...
..broke and ran first game..
I’m guessing he quit
This is why you need a clock, get that bastard on a technicality

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Just wish I could see the bastard. More often than not, it'll eat the last chicken wing or drink the last beer.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told early (70s) to play myself 4 ahead. Ghost wasn't the term then. And it seemed like such a bother racking and breaking and then taking ball in hand to do a dead out so I would just throw the whole tray out and take ball in hand and run as far as I could in rotation. Got out at least once fairly consistently and that's about all the interest/focus/discipline I had at the time. Not much to think about except the drill.

Reactions: Pin

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
1624744456549.png

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
When playing the ghost what visuals come to your mind?

Is the ghost an attitude? Is it like a holy spirit? Maybe even a slogan you use to hype yourself up.

I am trying to come up with a pool mythology for the pool ghost.
The ghost for me is simply me reminding myself that every shot counts and not to get lazy. That's it. Making competition and trying to harness the energy it gives you at will. You might even want to play the "ghost" if you're playing against a lower level player to keep yourself from getting lazy from lack of competition.

The ghost never misses so neither can I.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
You might even want to play the "ghost" if you're playing against a lower level player to keep yourself from getting lazy from lack of competition.

The ghost never misses so neither can I.

This is brilliant!
In tournaments I almost always play well when I'm up against great players, but typically play just well enough to win when playing lower players.
Every year at state I have lost to a low player and had to double dip in the finals by playing a little better than someone 50-100 fargo points below me.
I will absolutely try this next time to stay focused. Thanks for a great idea.