What Do You Look For in a Pool Instructor

WobblyStroke

I really dislike analogous conversations because they are like a box of chocolates. So when somebody gives me a nice looking one and then I bite it to find Coconut! I want to spit it back in my hand. My endeavors to attain the Miss Congenital tatty award led me to study miss manners. So I just swallow and say thank you. So when I say "thank you for your input" I am thinking, "you are so full of shit". ;)
Thank you for your input :p

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
1686243801020.png

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After following this and some of the other recent sh1t shows on here, I started to wonder, where's garczar?

Has he overdosed on that GROWACET pill that he was pimping for a while?

WobblyStroke

After following this and some of the other recent sh1t shows on here, I started to wonder, where's garczar?

Has he overdosed on that GROWACET pill that he was pimping for a while?
Growacet was an alltimer.

I even stole it and after my buddy played safe on me in a friendly dick around game I offered him a tic tac saying it's a Growacet which will make him 2-3x more likely to actually bank a ball in a friendly game. Literally had to go out and buy tic tacs for the gag and my nit buddy didn't disappoint and let me bust it out first session. Thanks Garczar.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So you agree a curved shot is less accurate?

pj
chgo
In pool it is when using a masse. But when a straight shot can't be played because of being blocked by other balls, a masse will be the ONLY shot that can be used. And with Efren doing it, very accurate.

A curved shot in golf as well as a straight shot can BOTH be very accurate. But a dead straight shot is the hardest to hit by most amateurs in golf. Same with pros when there's extreme nerves and pressure at the time. That's why they opt to turn the ball one way or another. Tell me, how do they do it? What has to happen prior to impact and at impact?

WobblyStroke

In pool it is when using a masse. But when a straight shot can't be played because of being blocked by other balls, a masse will be the ONLY shot that can be used. And with Efren doing it, very accurate.

A curved shot in golf as well as a straight shot can BOTH be very accurate. But a dead straight shot is the hardest to hit by most amateurs in golf. Same with pros when there's extreme nerves and pressure at the time. That's why they opt to turn the ball one way or another. Tell me, how do they do it? What has to happen prior to impact and at impact?
Just let it die.

WobblyStroke

Neat trick for aiming masses which makes em easier to predict...

take the center of the CB where it is resting on the table and draw a line to where the cue tip would contact the cloth if you cued str8 through. That line is the plane of spin and the final line the CB will take will be parallel to it. Then the only trick is getting the speed right so you get on that line when you need to.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Neat trick for aiming masses which makes em easier to predict...

take the center of the CB where it is resting on the table and draw a line to where the cue tip would contact the cloth if you cued str8 through. That line is the plane of spin and the final line the CB will take will be parallel to it. Then the only trick is getting the speed right so you get on that line when you need to.
Yep - here's a pic from some years ago in a post of mine titled "How to Aim Masse Shots Like a Dead French Mathematician"...

pj
chgo

Aiming Masse Shots.jpg