What does schon use on new cues

wilkamania

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Everyone!

I tried searching via forum and google search, but the only thing I see are about schon's old WB single layer tips.

Having recently received a schon, it seems their stock tips are a softer hitting layered tip (when compared to the original). And I quite like them. I'd like to know what they are. I'd contact John at Schon but I imagine he's super duper busy. Plus I read that schon doesn't like to disclose their tips? (from another post)

I have a newer schon SP, and a stock schon replacement shaft. Both had the layered tips. I ended up replacing that tip with a PoolDawg8 Milk dud and played an entire season with it. Loved it, but also love the stock schon feel.

I've recently acquired a Mezz WX700, cut off the kamui, and installed the schon tip from the shaft (clean cut, fit perfectly).

Wouldn't mind getting more if we know what they are. I know someone said they may be ultraskins, but they felt a little harder than a typical ultra skin?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I've heard that the tip is proprietary, from a guy who called them several years ago.
Probably some type of WB tip.
To me the stock Schon tip always seemed too hard and I don't like them, but the
shafts are great so I just replace the tip.
Maybe they have changed and the new ones are softer, but it's not unusual to
change tips on new cues, even high end customs.
You would think if you spend 3 grand on a new cue it would come with a decent tip,
but that is rarely the case unless you like Lepro or Triangle.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I've been around a LONG time,and if they started sending out new shafts with anything other than their modded WB,it's a new thing.

Maybe Seybert's or one of the other large supply companies that does customizing will change the tips on a stock shaft though. Tommy D.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard that the tip is proprietary, from a guy who called them several years ago.
Probably some type of WB tip.
To me the stock Schon tip always seemed too hard and I don't like them, but the
shafts are great so I just replace the tip.
Maybe they have changed and the new ones are softer, but it's not unusual to
change tips on new cues, even high end customs.
You would think if you spend 3 grand on a new cue it would come with a decent tip,
but that is rarely the case unless you like Lepro or Triangle.

Lucasi-Tiger Everest

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member
Schon has a new layered tip they are using now. They will keep it close to the vest and call it a Schon layered Pigskin tip. It will be proprietary to them just like there original water buffalo tip.

It is not an Everest.