What happened to Deanoc?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The value’s in the eye of the beholder. An effing jpg file has sold at Christie’s for $70 million so it’s all very relative.

I’m sure those who didn’t like the cue returned it for a full refund.

You are a tough bunch guys. Everyone makes mistakes. If it weren’t for forgiveness where would we all be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone apologizes, people are more likely to forgive and forget.

If someone has so much pride that they actually come back and say "I do not apologize" then society usually snaps back at them.

Nothing tough about it.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A bit shady? Scamming people out of their hard earned money, telling them that he is selling a limited edition custom Jackpot, when in fact those were basically just Schmelke cues, with no logo on them. And you call that just a bit shady.

And I think that anyone who never admits to doing anything wrong, when they should understand that they did, is a Narcissist.
Justib386,

What is a bit shady is you creating all these duplicate AZB accounts to come back on after they have banned you numerous times.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
If someone apologizes, people are more likely to forgive and forget.

If someone has so much pride that they actually come back and say "I do not apologize" then society usually snaps back at them.

Nothing tough about it.
Sincere acknowledgement and acceptance of one's fault is the first step toward true atonement and penitence. Without acceptance of responsibility, forgiveness is a very difficult proposition for mortal man. Tough? Only for those who are afflicted with a malignancy of criminal intent. True repentance and true forgiveness -- by others and ourselves -- are both liberating and lifesaving for those of us with a conscience.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your post proves that you know nothing about Schmelke Cues. I used to feel the same way you did...until I made a trip to the factory, with Mark Wilson, Jerry Briesath and a dozen wide-eyed young players eager to learn. This was almost 30 years ago. That trip completely changed my opinion and outlook on Schmelke. I bet you weren't aware that every cue goes through a 100-step process, whether it costs $50 or $300. These are quality cues, made in the USA. I certainly disagree with trying to market them as something else, but Schmelke makes a fine cue, for very little money...and you can have it made anyway you wish.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

I own a $100 Bocote Schmelke break cue that is nicer than my $450 custom web wood cue. The cue also plays great and is well made.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-203951.png
    Screenshot_20210311-203951.png
    456.5 KB · Views: 117

9ballscorpion

Not even Tony Zinzola or Lee Pepper has gotten this much on-going rhetoric on the Forum. And
those guys really stole money without delivering any cues to the buyers. And Dean went so far as
to make sure anyone that wanted a refund on their Jackpot cue got it. He made sure the buyers
we’re not ripped off as so many pundits like to say. And let’s not overlook all the good that Dean
has accomplished with promoting cue buying and special cue projects. He has excellent taste
when it comes to cue makers to use and he introduced me to Bob Owen and Jerry Rauenzahn.

The limited production cue projects Dean pioneered with Evan Clarke, Bob Owen and Jerry R.
created some beautiful cue designs. I participated in several of Dean’s cue projects and was very
pleased with the cue makers and my pool cues. Dean has done more to promote pool than pretty
much any other forum member. So let’s put Jackpot cues as a topic on pause & leave Dean alone.

Dean clearly stated that the cues were custom made by Jack Potter. He made statements like, "Jack Potter is just finishing up a batch of 12 cues", or something like that, so he was knowingly lying to people for the purpose of getting sales, for a very big profit.

I bet that he did not pay full retail for those Schmelke cues either, so who knows how much of a profit he made off of those cues he sold.

Having done good deeds in the past does not give you the right to do shit like that.

9ballscorpion

Your post proves that you know nothing about Schmelke Cues. I used to feel the same way you did...until I made a trip to the factory, with Mark Wilson, Jerry Briesath and a dozen wide-eyed young players eager to learn. This was almost 30 years ago. That trip completely changed my opinion and outlook on Schmelke. I bet you weren't aware that every cue goes through a 100-step process, whether it costs $50 or $300. These are quality cues, made in the USA. I certainly disagree with trying to market them as something else, but Schmelke makes a fine cue, for very little money...and you can have it made anyway you wish.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

1st impressions are everything. I remember them from when I was a kid in the 90's, and I was not impressed with the quality. The very opposite actually.

I have played with a few customs that were made using Schmelke blanks, and they hit really nice.

9ballscorpion

I have a Schmelke cue that I have hidden the logo and asked some cue people to guess the cost.
For the most part it's $400 to $500.
Then they are surprised that I only paid $230.00.
The fit and finish is flawless.
The only small complaint I have is that it is not as shiny as more expensive brands.
But at that price point I'm good.
And it plays just fine for me but I will admit I'm not that fussy in that department.
It was a custom model that they had to build for me and it only took a month.

I have read that their joint is a little thicker then standard, so when you put after market shafts on them, they do not fit flush. The taper of their stock shafts looks horrible too. I never seen a Schmelke that appeared to have a nice long Pro taper on it.

9ballscorpion

Money back guarantee isn't a big deal, I do it as do most of the sellers I deal with on a regular basis.
The non-seller types and trunk monkeys are the guys you have to worry about, we have too much to lose.

If you sell nice quality cues that are as described or better you don't have to take stuff back.

Yeah, just so you are as honest as possible about what you are selling, and know what you are selling, and know the correct way to market it, then there should be no issues.

9ballscorpion

I don't believe Schmelke offers that exact cue in their line. So no, you cannot buy it from them for any price much less $200.

Supply and demand are a funny thing.

Yeah, and Dean thought that he needed to tell people that the cues were made by Jack Potter to create that Demand. And that is exactly what he did in order to create demand for the cues that he sold. Without all of the lies, there would have been little to no demand for those cues, and surely not for $600 each.

9ballscorpion

The value’s in the eye of the beholder. An effing jpg file has sold at Christie’s for $70 million so it’s all very relative.

I’m sure those who didn’t like the cue returned it for a full refund.

You are a tough bunch guys. Everyone makes mistakes. If it weren’t for forgiveness where would we all be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mistakes? It was no mistake when he knowingly lied, when he stated that Jack Potter built those cues. The cues were a complete fraud.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean clearly stated that the cues were custom made by Jack Potter. He made statements like, "Jack Potter is just finishing up a batch of 12 cues", or something like that, so he was knowingly lying to people for the purpose of getting sales, for a very big profit.

I bet that he did not pay full retail for those Schmelke cues either, so who knows how much of a profit he made off of those cues he sold.

Having done good deeds in the past does not give you the right to do shit like that.

You are correct. Total scam!

71dewajack

Being a new member, I really have no idea of the details of what took place. What I do know is when I was lurking, I sure got the bug again to play and dive back in to collecting cues from Dean's posts. Many of those posts brought a smile to my face and got me looking up cue makers I hadn't heard of before. For that, I'm appreciative.

There's too much judgment and rushing to conclusions going on in the world. We're all flawed. I don't condone dishonesty and fraudulent behavior in any way, if Dean participated in/facilitated that then he has to live with the natural consequences that flow from those actions. Since I'm not privy to the details, I simply wish all that were involved the best going forward. I'm grateful for the principle of forgiveness, I've certainly needed plenty in my life. Grudges and bitterness never did anyone any good, which of course is easy for me to say, although it's true nonetheless.

JC

Coos Cues
There is really nothing special about Schmelke cues. They are the cheapest US made cue, and for good reason. You get what you pay for. The cheapest custom made cue in America, at the cheapest price.

But for just a little more money, you can get a far higher quality America made cue, with the Joss sneaky pete for example.

Schmelke cues do not compare in quality to other US Production cue makers, in my opinion.

They build nice Blanks that some cue makers use, to make their cues, but I do not think they build a really great playing cue. Not like a Joss for example.
How good a player are you Justin? I have played with a few Schmelke cues and in my opinion they should have changed their business model long ago and built a brand not known for being "cheap". Because the product far exceeds the pricing which is a huge mistake in long term marketing. Once you're known as the cheap provider you are forever relegated to that. Many make the same mistake. Cues directly is trying to fix it before it's too late for one example.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
And it plays just fine for me but I will admit I'm not that fussy in that department.
In addition to all of the fantastic cues of mine you tried and didn't like, you even made the electronic store salesman
switch shafts when you were buying your famous Lucasi.
Not fussy about cues?
Just the tips changeouts alone used to drive Dr. Doug crazy.
Don't forget the "vague" Pechauer
Wait till Doug hears this one

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somehow I’ve noticed that most of the detractors never inquired about the welfare of Jack’s wife.
Because it has zero relevance to Dean's fraudulent behavior. Yes I hope Jack's wife is doing better, as I'm sure the rest of the room does.

If anything I hope Jack and his wife are doing well. Dean not only got his hand caught in the cookie jar, but hurt someone else's name needlessly in the process.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Because it has zero relevance to Dean's fraudulent behavior. Yes I hope Jack's wife is doing better, as I'm sure the rest of the room does.

If anything I hope Jack and his wife are doing well. Dean not only got his hand caught in the cookie jar, but hurt someone else's name needlessly in the process.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I’m not going for “zero relevance”...maybe for you...but that’s not everybody’s point of view.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Creating a new account under an alias does not give justinb386 the right to come back while banned.

Isn’t that right?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have read that their joint is a little thicker then standard, so when you put after market shafts on them, they do not fit flush. The taper of their stock shafts looks horrible too. I never seen a Schmelke that appeared to have a nice long Pro taper on it.
You haven’t seen diddly shit.

I have eight of their shafts with long pro tapers.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their joint is what you ask them to make.

I had them build me a butt to fit a Meucci Pro shaft that CJ Wiley gave me.