What happened to Deanoc?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, so you bought a cue 3rd party...liked it...purchased a second one, good for you. You like how a cue plays....fantastic. There is still a question you have flat out dodged for the better part of a year now, that I will bring up every single time you show up on one of these threads.

Do you condone Dean's fraudulent behavior?

This isn't a "mistake", this isn't an "oops", and this isn't a "one time" situation. This is blatant fraud, and abuse of the good will shown from many of the members within these forums.

I will sit back and wait for you to babble about "me never buying one", or "I can't play", or "how much money you have"...but money can't buy integrity, something you seem to lack.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
And don't forget that he also had at least one of the jack-pos cored by another maker. How's that for evidence about how great they play?

Not only was his purchase experience completely different, the cue itself is completely different...to the core!

9ballscorpion

A house cue is $20 and plays the same as your $600 Jackpot. The house cue is more honest, and constructed better.

The fact that people have to sell them as Schmelke cues to minimize their losses is why this is such a problem. A buyer shouldn't be punished for a seller's flagrant dishonesty, but they were.

You can take your shill behavior, neatly fold it up, and give yourself that suppository

That is really sad. 4-500 dollar loss, if they paid 600, and then had to turn around and advertise them as a Schmelke.

9ballscorpion

And a Jackpot plays as well as any cue that you sell for thousands.

As a matter of fact, a guy here who repairs and makes cues hit some balls with my Jackpot last Sunday. He said “this cue plays better than cues that cost a thousand”. His EXACT words.

The cues play well, no matter what you think of the seller or maker.

That is a FACT!

Yeah, and I bet that Efren's original playing cue hit pretty nice too. How much did it retail for?

9ballscorpion

For the sake of clarity, if anyone knows:

What did Dean charge for a Jackpot? 500-600

Was the Jackpot a custom or production product of Schmelke? Custom designed, made by Schmelke

What is/was the price of a Jackpot from Schmelke? Dean sold them, not Schmelke

Is the Jackpot still available from Schmelke? It never was

Did Jack Potter play any role in design or production of the Jackpots? Design, yes, possibly, but Schmelke made them.

Did Jack Potter ever weigh in on this fiasco? I d not know.

How was it determined that the Jackpot was in fact a Schmelke? IOWs, did Dean or someone else disclose? Dean eventually disclosed it, but the experts knew that they were Schmelke made.

9ballscorpion

Dean lied about who made the cues. Dean ripped off people by selling 200 dollar cues for 600 bucks. When called out on his transgressions he made it about a friends sick wife. Deplorable. Why are people still calling these Jackpot cues? Jack had nothing to do with building them. Crackpot cues. You must be on the crack or on the pot to still defend your bastardized cue. Dont be mad at me for stating the truth. I speak the truth. Dont shoot the messenger. Im only a messenger. I personally like Schmelke cues. Good quality at a fair price. I personally do not like Crackpot cues. Good quality at a screw you price. All this from a Crackpot idea to pass off a Schmelke as a Custom and do so by any means necessary. Thats the long and the short of it. Thats what happened to Dean. We can do this all over again in a month or so. And probably will...

There is really nothing special about Schmelke cues. They are the cheapest US made cue, and for good reason. You get what you pay for. The cheapest custom made cue in America, at the cheapest price.

But for just a little more money, you can get a far higher quality America made cue, with the Joss sneaky pete for example.

Schmelke cues do not compare in quality to other US Production cue makers, in my opinion.

They build nice Blanks that some cue makers use, to make their cues, but I do not think they build a really great playing cue. Not like a Joss for example.

9ballscorpion

well that’s the rub. Neither thought they did anything wrong. And dean saying that has to mean something. I’d rather someone say they did nothing wrong and mean it, rather than all the fake apologies we hear today only because it’s the politically correct thing to say.
This has been hashed out for a year, no need to do a lot more hashing now.
Yes I agree what dean did was a bit shady, but in the grand scheme of things in the pool world it’s not that bad.
And one could argue it’s not that different than any company using a contract manufacturer. Again I don’t mean to rehash, all this has been said before.

A bit shady? Scamming people out of their hard earned money, telling them that he is selling a limited edition custom Jackpot, when in fact those were basically just Schmelke cues, with no logo on them. And you call that just a bit shady.

And I think that anyone who never admits to doing anything wrong, when they should understand that they did, is a Narcissist.

9ballscorpion

Not around here. Marginal folks continue to exist but only around the edges and then only in association with their own kind.

Yeah, if a person is known to be shady, or a scumbag, then they will only get along with their own types of people, who do not care about what they have done, unless it was done to them by the person.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not even Tony Zinzola or Lee Pepper has gotten this much on-going rhetoric on the Forum. And
those guys really stole money without delivering any cues to the buyers. And Dean went so far as
to make sure anyone that wanted a refund on their Jackpot cue got it. He made sure the buyers
we’re not ripped off as so many pundits like to say. And let’s not overlook all the good that Dean
has accomplished with promoting cue buying and special cue projects. He has excellent taste
when it comes to cue makers to use and he introduced me to Bob Owen and Jerry Rauenzahn.

The limited production cue projects Dean pioneered with Evan Clarke, Bob Owen and Jerry R.
created some beautiful cue designs. I participated in several of Dean’s cue projects and was very
pleased with the cue makers and my pool cues. Dean has done more to promote pool than pretty
much any other forum member. So let’s put Jackpot cues as a topic on pause & leave Dean alone.

Angeleyes1978

Registered
I'm just puzzled people still can't grasp that your actions have consequences, plain an simple. When you continually try to draw attention to yourself whether online or in person, be prepared for the negative attention as well when you do something deserving of that.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is really nothing special about Schmelke cues. They are the cheapest US made cue, and for good reason. You get what you pay for. The cheapest custom made cue in America, at the cheapest price.

But for just a little more money, you can get a far higher quality America made cue, with the Joss sneaky pete for example.

Schmelke cues do not compare in quality to other US Production cue makers, in my opinion.

They build nice Blanks that some cue makers use, to make their cues, but I do not think they build a really great playing cue. Not like a Joss for example.
Your post proves that you know nothing about Schmelke Cues. I used to feel the same way you did...until I made a trip to the factory, with Mark Wilson, Jerry Briesath and a dozen wide-eyed young players eager to learn. This was almost 30 years ago. That trip completely changed my opinion and outlook on Schmelke. I bet you weren't aware that every cue goes through a 100-step process, whether it costs $50 or $300. These are quality cues, made in the USA. I certainly disagree with trying to market them as something else, but Schmelke makes a fine cue, for very little money...and you can have it made anyway you wish.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Not even Tony Zinzola or Lee Pepper has gotten this much on-going rhetoric on the Forum. And
those guys really stole money without delivering any cues to the buyers. And Dean went so far as
to make sure anyone that wanted a refund on their Jackpot cue got it. He made sure the buyers
we’re not ripped off as so many pundits like to say. And let’s not overlook all the good that Dean
has accomplished with promoting cue buying and special cue projects. He has excellent taste
when it comes to cue makers to use and he introduced me to Bob Owen and Jerry Rauenzahn.

The limited production cue projects Dean pioneered with Evan Clarke, Bob Owen and Jerry R.
created some beautiful cue designs. I participated in several of Dean’s cue projects and was very
pleased with the cue makers and my pool cues. Dean has done more to promote pool than pretty
much any other forum member. So let’s put Jackpot cues as a topic on pause & leave Dean alone.
Um, Zinzola had dozens of 20-page+ threads. The riots were complete and total.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry bud but you're often judged by your latest act. D's was a fkng trainwreck.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So has anyone seen or heard from Deanoc or not? If this guy is gonna troll us so we can all get off bashing Dean we should at least answer his question. Lol

no, I haven’t heard or talked to Dean.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your post proves that you know nothing about Schmelke Cues. I used to feel the same way you did...until I made a trip to the factory, with Mark Wilson, Jerry Briesath and a dozen wide-eyed young players eager to learn. This was almost 30 years ago. That trip completely changed my opinion and outlook on Schmelke. I bet you weren't aware that every cue goes through a 100-step process, whether it costs $50 or $300. These are quality cues, made in the USA. I certainly disagree with trying to market them as something else, but Schmelke makes a fine cue, for very little money...and you can have it made anyway you wish.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour
I have a Schmelke cue that I have hidden the logo and asked some cue people to guess the cost.
For the most part it's $400 to $500.
Then they are surprised that I only paid $230.00.
The fit and finish is flawless.
The only small complaint I have is that it is not as shiny as more expensive brands.
But at that price point I'm good.
And it plays just fine for me but I will admit I'm not that fussy in that department.
It was a custom model that they had to build for me and it only took a month.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I miss his posts. As to his cue sales, as I remember, if you weren't satisfied with your purchase from him, he would give you your money back. I don't see too many cue sellers on the for sale forum, that aren't businesses, offering the same protections. Heck, he was even able to sell cues without pictures of them. There is a lot of pot stirrers on forums, that all have the same theme of constantly stirring the pot of something they actually have no part in. They chime in just to stir the pot. I would like to see him start posting again, but can understand why he doesn't.
Money back guarantee isn't a big deal, I do it as do most of the sellers I deal with on a regular basis.
The non-seller types and trunk monkeys are the guys you have to worry about, we have too much to lose.

If you sell nice quality cues that are as described or better you don't have to take stuff back.

JC

Coos Cues
How the cue plays doesn't matter, no matter how many times you bring it up.

The problem is Dean was selling the same cue for $600 that anyone could have called up Schmelke and got for $200.

Would you pay $600 for a cue, knowing you could get that exact same cue from Schmelke for $200 ?
I don't believe Schmelke offers that exact cue in their line. So no, you cannot buy it from them for any price much less $200.

Supply and demand are a funny thing.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I don't believe Schmelke offers that exact cue in their line. So no, you cannot buy it from them for any price much less $200.

Supply and demand are a funny thing.

This is an even fancier version with extra rings. Full tariff with 2 matching shafts and shipping is $300

Click here: https://www.schmelkecue.com/cc102-custom-schmelke-rosewood.html.html

The jackpots didn't have the fancier handle, the matching shafts, nor the upgraded rings.

But since Dean didn't place the order, they aren't "that exact cue".....

JC

Coos Cues
This is an even fancier version with extra rings. Full tariff with 2 matching shafts and shipping is $300

Click here: https://www.schmelkecue.com/cc102-custom-schmelke-rosewood.html.html

The jackpots didn't have the fancier handle, the matching shafts, nor the upgraded rings.

But since Dean didn't place the order, they aren't "that exact cue".....
But it's not a "jackpot". The pricing of things is an odd business. Thousands of examples throughout the world where something which is better than a similar item in nearly every objective and subjective way of measuring is only worth a fraction of the price.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The value’s in the eye of the beholder. An effing jpg file has sold at Christie’s for $70 million so it’s all very relative.

I’m sure those who didn’t like the cue returned it for a full refund.

You are a tough bunch guys. Everyone makes mistakes. If it weren’t for forgiveness where would we all be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk