What is the best pool table?

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I have a GCI in the basement and love it. I've played on Diamonds and they are nice tables, and a good company for the industry, but I prefer the GCs.

A used GC might be the best value for the $. You can often find them pretty cheap.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Diamond is the new gold standard but you can't go wrong with any of the aforementioned.

Southport Lanes

For those of you who own a Gold Crown, how does it compare to a Brunswick VIP? I grew up playing on a 9' VIP in the 1970's, and owned the table until about 2000.

SpotOn

Registered
Interesting how 99% of you like the Gold Crown tables the best and hardly a mention of Diamond tables. I would say Diamond is doing the best marketing of their product even if it may not be the best on the market. What little I know about Diamonds is that they seem to have a very inventive leveling system, that makes it easy for the owner to adjust the table compared to others. I could be wrong however that is just my understanding.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HUH?? I bet over 95% of the people on AZ are in the US and have never seen one and will never play Chin.8b I seriously doubt any Joy or Star table is built like a GC or a Diamond. I've seen pics of them being set-up and wasn't impressed.
That's a good question for a new thread.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting how 99% of you like the Gold Crown tables the best and hardly a mention of Diamond tables. I would say Diamond is doing the best marketing of their product even if it may not be the best on the market. What little I know about Diamonds is that they seem to have a very inventive leveling system, that makes it easy for the owner to adjust the table compared to others. I could be wrong however that is just my understanding.
Diamond's leveling system is used during install. Once its set you don't generally mess with it. You can adjust the legs if you have to due to settling,etc. They are built like tanks. Watch the vids on YT. BTW, GC4 has a very similar 22pt slate leveling system.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do many of the GC lovers just like GCs because that is what has been the Gold Standard for decades? Even though Diamonds have been around for some time, they still may just be considered a "kid."

When we say a table plays better, are we saying the table plays like I how I am used to it playing? Or is it really better and what makes it better?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Diamonds are my favorite....I loved GCs and Anniversaries most of my life...
...but Diamond took the bugs out...you can shoot with a level cue from any place.
Brunswick needed a pool player involved in their designing...then we might‘ve got better pockets and less metal to scratch your cue...and whoever thought pocket ashtrays was a good idea needs the last five off any Player.