What is the best way to buy a new Diamond table?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks! Also...The GC V has a tournament edition..what would be Diamond's version of this, or do you just have to request different dimensions?

Diamonds come standard with 4.5" corners at 141 degrees and 5" sides at 102. those numbers are actually engraved on the bottom side of the rails these days. If you want them smaller or bigger it cost more to order them that way. Pretty sure the GC5 t. edition comes this way too.

Trent from Toledo

vanhwrd4

Registered
I have meant to post to this thread earlier. I called Diamond directly and Heath three months ago. If my memory is correct, it was about the same price with delivery. I decided to go with Heath because of the great reviews on this site. Table will be delivered in two weeks, I can post a picture and review once delivered but to this point Heath has been on point and I have zero complaints. He can always be reached by phone and responds to emails within a few hours. I'm sure you can buy a table from many good sellers but my experience with Heath to this point has been great. Hope this assists you in your search.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure if he is working currently, but if you can get Big Glen to install your table, then you will be glad you did. To say he is a perfectionist would be an understatement.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamonds come standard with 4.5" corners at 141 degrees and 5" sides at 102. those numbers are actually engraved on the bottom side of the rails these days. If you want them smaller or bigger it cost more to order them that way. Pretty sure the GC5 t. edition comes this way too.

Trent from Toledo

Thanks for your help!

Cychotron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a dealer here is WA thats recommended?
So for people who play league ( bca apa) what table would be best to practice on? 7'?
I have been looking at a valley/dynamo bar table but i played on a 9' diamond at a friends house and loved it. So i am saving my bucks for one.

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP here:

Thanks to everyone for replying. I spoke to Trent on Friday and my table is being installed on Tuesday. I was very impressed with Trent's knowledge and passion, and his ability to get this done so quickly!

I will be sure to report back with pics once the table is installed.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP here:

Thanks to everyone for replying. I spoke to Trent on Friday and my table is being installed on Tuesday. I was very impressed with Trent's knowledge and passion, and his ability to get this done so quickly!

Glad it was so easy for you! Tough to put a price tag on convenience.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP here:

Shit, hurry up and invite us over.

I am in va...where ya at?!

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick follow up - Trent installed the table a week ago. He did a great job - Trent is very knowledgeable and conscientious: he took his time and did a superb job!

Unfortunately I got the flu the very next day and so haven't played on it much, but I'm starting to feel better so that will change soon enough! :cool:

EDIT: I have *no* idea why (or how to fix it) but the site rotated the picture when I attached it...

Attachments

• pooltable.jpg
    pooltable.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

rtrdriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just missed out on Derby City, but you can likely purchase a tournament used table they sell just after completion of tournaments, at a significantly lesser price than if you call and buy from them directly, if you make the arrangements for transporting it back to your home. You will get the tournament used cloth, that even it's only been used for a week, will have significant break lines, break burn spots, etc. on it, as tournament players are extremely hard on tables!

If you buy from them directly, especially if it is a 7-footer, they may tell you it's a brand new table being made just for you, but still could very well be a tournament used model they'll just put new cloth on. I purchased one directly from Diamond a few years ago that was sold to me as a brand new unused table, but it wasn't until a year later when we recovered it, that we could see from the staple gun dents that it had been recovered before. I never contacted Diamond about it, as it wasn't worth the aggravation and lies I'm sure they would have told me, as otherwise it appeared brand new.

If you keep a check with Craigs List and Ebay, there's always Diamond's for sale, but you'll have to find one in your area, and you'll have to go inspect it to see the condition, and you'll have to cover the expenses and hassle to break it down, transport it, and set it back up. The advantage of paying the higher price to buy direct from Diamond, is that they will deliver and install it for you, usually included in the price.

Staple gun dents? The guy who set up my Diamond pro-am said that there's nothing to staple to on theses tables. I don't know if the three piece slate would be different than a one piece, but he says they only use glue to put the cloth on. Diamond even has a glue that they prefer to use.

Attachments

• 2017-12-11 12.24.42.jpg
    2017-12-11 12.24.42.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

lumberman

Registered
Staple gun dents? The guy who set up my Diamond pro-am said that there's nothing to staple to on theses tables. I don't know if the three piece slate would be different than a one piece, but he says they only use glue to put the cloth on. Diamond even has a glue that they prefer to use.

I believe he is referring to where the cloth is stapled to the underside of the rails, not to where the cloth is attached to the slate, which is indeed glued. The staple dents would be an indication that the rails were covered with cloth at least once previously and, as such, may point to the rails not being brand new.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just a quick follow up - Trent installed the table a week ago. He did a great job - Trent is very knowledgeable and conscientious: he took his time and did a superb job!

Unfortunately I got the flu the very next day and so haven't played on it much, but I'm starting to feel better so that will change soon enough! :cool:

EDIT: I have *no* idea why (or how to fix it) but the site rotated the picture when I attached it...

Joel,

It was my pleasure meeting you and your wife, I love that you both share such a passion for pool!!! I appreciate your kind words and your business!! Thanks for everything.

Trent from Toledo

rtrdriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Looks very good. A lot shinier than my charcoal. But mine was used. Are those cat climbers in the back ground?

If you have cats, like I do, I wouldn't leave your table for a minute without covering it.

They'll mark their territory if you're not vigilant.