What is the softest layered tip out there?

leaguedude

Elio D'Andrea
Silver Member
opinions please,

Was wondering if anyone knows what the softest layered tip is these days? Also, was looking for above average grip on the cueball. So, my question is what is the softest layered tip with the most grip out there? Any first hand help would be appreciated as my search continues.

I've done a lot of reading and i've ordered 2 Molavia softs and am awaiting their arrival. Suppose to be soft and elasticy or something. I presently play with an elkmaster because all layered tips that i've tried are too hard.

regards,

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
opinions please,

Was wondering if anyone knows what the softest layered tip is these days? Also, was looking for above average grip on the cueball. So, my question is what is the softest layered tip with the most grip out there? Any first hand help would be appreciated as my search continues.

I've done a lot of reading and i've ordered 2 Molavia softs and am awaiting their arrival. Suppose to be soft and elasticy or something. I presently play with an elkmaster because all layered tips that i've tried are too hard.

regards,

Have you tried Morri Soft Tips?

leaguedude

Elio D'Andrea
Silver Member
Thanks for your response. Yes, i have tried them. The old ones that mushroomed after hitting 50 balls were great. Now they seem harder and don't really mushroom for me. Even the Kamui soft is too hard for me.

Here is a link to all the durometer readings for most major brands http://www.poolndarts.com/471-Layered-Leather-Tips/

Last edited:

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
Have you tried Everests or Snipers? I haven't tried them myself but I like yourself like the softness of Elk Master.

Apparently these two offer similar grippiness as the elks (depending on who you ask you will get different opinions on which is really softer/harder) but they are probably more towards the medium side.

Based on my searches on AZ, people on this board will sgenerally uggest these two if you like Elks.

Last edited:

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience all layered tips just become hard with quick use.

But I'm a diehard pressed Elkmaster fan--the closest I've come to converting is a Kamui medium. However, after a month or so, it became too "clicky," and not spinning the way that was comfortable to me.

You might want to try a Moori slow. I've heard good things, even though it might not be for me.

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tiger soft are pretty soft, they rank 65.3 on mueller's scale. on Comparison, Elkmaster = 60.1, Moori S = 63.8, and Molovia S = 66.6. They are made from cow hide leather and much softer than everest or sniper which are both meduims, and grips really well. was too soft for my taste. i have 2 i'll sell you for $15 if you interested.

http://www.poolndarts.com/71-Tips/

bell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui SS Black

If you believe the marketing, the Black Kamui SS must be the softest quality tip out there.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
If you want something that has the texture of an elmaster try the black diamond tips. They are soft and even fuzz up like a elkmaster when you use a course shaper like a George.