What is this years SBE like

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
No report from those in attendence? No one bought there dream yet. nothing new and exciting for pool players to stuff in their cases?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see my points of interest, Davis/ Wilkie both handed out some as$ whippins last round 10/3 & 10/0. It's good to be da king.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Pro Event

Man, that's a strong field! Take a look at the last 24 players (8 winners and 16 on the losers side). This is by far the best field Allen has gotten here. Looks like there is a little resurgence in pro pool these days. A couple of years ago, Allen couldn't fill the field. This year he had a waiting list!

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going tonight, hope to catch the last couple of hours of play before midnight...

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
Hey all, just thought i'd chime in on this one. I went to the SBE this Thursday and didn't want to leave. It's a pool player's paradice. It's two huge floors of amature tournaments, custom cue makers, vendors, acton tables and pro players just milling around. I got there at 11am and checked out the vendors and some of the amature matches. Then I went in to check out the pro matches. Wow, was that cool. I pre-paid for the VIP seating but the bleachers were just as good. Some of the best players in the world showing their skills ten feet away from me. Very cool :D Next year I plan to take full advantage of the show. I plan on playing in the amature tournament, checking out the pros, maybe a nice new custom cue and playing some pool late into the morning hours in the after midnight open tables. It's the place for a pool player to just really enjoy everything the game has to offer. If you can make it to the show you've got to do it. A big thanks to Allen Hopkins for putting it together and PLEASE don't leave PA!!!

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
No report from those in attendence? No one bought there dream yet. nothing new and exciting for pool players to stuff in their cases?
The pros are having a bloody good time; Well, everyone except Fabio.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
Weather's great,tons of cues,not much selling from what I have heard,the economy is killing everything. I also heard and I guess it explains slow sales but there are very few asians at the show and they use to come and buy big but there is a huge crack down on ivory and your not even allowed to have it in your possesion so they are not buying cues anymore,A reputible source just told be they raided a place over there and took all the collectors cues and put him in jail. If you go to there websites like lucky's they have removed all references to cues with ivory and there no longer listing them on there site for fear of going to prison. I'm sure there are going to be reports of great deals and sales but I have been coming for 7 years and I haven't had a problem finding a parking spot more than 30 yards from the front door of the raddison and I can remember having to park way out there and walking pretty far. I'm not trying to kill peoples action here but it is what it is. Its a great show but it hard not to face the fact that our country is in a recession and its not looking good.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
cuedoctor said:
Weather's great,tons of cues,not much selling from what I have heard,the economy is killing everything. I also heard and I guess it explains slow sales but there are very few asians at the show and they use to come and buy big but there is a huge crack down on ivory and your not even allowed to have it in your possesion so they are not buying cues anymore,A reputible source just told be they raided a place over there and took all the collectors cues and put him in jail. If you go to there websites like lucky's they have removed all references to cues with ivory and there no longer listing them on there site for fear of going to prison. I'm sure there are going to be reports of great deals and sales but I have been coming for 7 years and I haven't had a problem finding a parking spot more than 30 yards from the front door of the raddison and I can remember having to park way out there and walking pretty far. I'm not trying to kill peoples action here but it is what it is. Its a great show but it hard not to face the fact that our country is in a recession and its not looking good.

I spoke with someone I also know in the biz who has a both there, and said the floor traffic was slow, Thursday, and Frieday.

He also said not much of the GREEN stuff was changing hands.. He thinks it will be an O.K. Show, but not like it was in years past.

He said the NEWS Media is putting people in a Fear Mode with all the bad ecnomic news.

Vinman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jasonlaus said:
tried to do my part, picked up 2 haley's if there's any more pm me thanks

So you bought them all! :) I was hoping to add another to my collection, but there were none to be found by Friday. Congrats on the pickup, love to see pictures sometime.

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mcreesh snapped it in on 8 going to 9ahead. i think thats the 2500$ set your talking about..

scooter lost to i beleive his name was daryl from michigan for $1000 race to 8 hill-hill

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was over today. I didn`t see alot of people buying high dollar cues. I did meet a few good AZers over there Fastnloose, bogey, Bill(Cornerstone) all very nice to talk with and super nice guys all around. I did see some very nice looking Scruggs cues, some awesome Black Boar cues & 2 super nice Carolina cues. The guys at Carolina cues are very easy to talk with.
I also had Jimmy Reeves of (Reeves Custom Cues) put a linen wrap on my wifes cue. Thats all I have to report on.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
I see my points of interest, Davis/ Wilkie both handed out some as$ whippins last round 10/3 & 10/0. It's good to be da king.

Hey BB!

How you like Wilkie now? Final four winner side. He's really stepped it up since winning the 2007 Tiger Tour POY. Double dipped Davis last week at the Blaze Tour...

Andy

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw some fellow AZers Scott Lee, and Coop.

Coop was able to show me a Black Boar collection on display, and I was flat out blown away. I don't think I ever saw such workmanship and detail without looking busy.

I couldn't find parking anywhere close to the front of the VF Expo Center at 12:30 Sat.

I purchased an economical but highly functional 2X4 case, four lighters with billiard logo artwork and a keychain, if you must know. Trying to keep the economy flowing, you know.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Gregg said:
Saw some fellow AZers Scott Lee, and Coop.

Coop was able to show me a Black Boar collection on display, and I was flat out blown away. I don't think I ever saw such workmanship and detail without looking busy.

I couldn't find parking anywhere close to the front of the VF Expo Center at 12:30 Sat.

I purchased an economical but highly functional 2X4 case, four lighters with billiard logo artwork and a keychain, if you must know. Trying to keep the economy flowing, you know.

I believe it is KOOP:confused:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alinco said:
Hey BB!

How you like Wilkie now? Final four winner side. He's really stepped it up since winning the 2007 Tiger Tour POY. Double dipped Davis last week at the Blaze Tour...

Andy
I like! You have created a monster, Tiger Tour!

Steve Stough

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Sbe trip

1. This is my 3rd time to Valley Forge and by far the best one, I gotta give a shout out to my man Bill at Corner Stone Cues, this is the guy you want to buy a cue from, not only did he buy back a cue I bought from him last year but I pulled another cue out of my case and within 15 minutes him gave me cold hard crisp $100 bills for both cues almost 2 dozen of them!

2. Friday nite we went to the 8:30 pro session, and I got to see him play, If you ever get a chance you gotta see Shane Van Boening play (picture perfect) over all the 8:30 session rocked, Archer & Mika hill hill, Brett & Testa hill hill, Putnum & Morra hill, Luc Salvas-don't blink-huh-fast!

3. I was walking with a friend and the goal for him was a southwest, he had at least 10 of them in his hand, we would ask the price, and would go huh-jacked up, if the economy is slow, do you think a dealer would work a price, hell 2 guys didn't even get out of their chair to even talk about the cue, my hats off to cue addicts-they had great stories about the cues-whens the last time you seen a kershenbrock sneeky pete-It's a road warrior-

4. This year I did something out of the box, met up with some friends and 8 miles down the road went to a pool room-super nice guys there-Classique Billiards, when we got there they ask if we wanted to play on double or triple shimmed tables with 860 simonis cloth--sweet!, beautiful place-huge flat screen with pro pool events going on, hell they even have a fireplace in the damn place,,open 24 hours, with mini tourneys all nite long, I played in the second one.

5. Overall each year get's better and better, my next goal is to go to the U.S. open and the Derby