What is Toledo famous for?

candyman

Matt Heath
Silver Member
making glass. lol. hi Keith couldn't resist saying that. I am entered to shoot in the glass city open this year and am looking forward to all of the competition. I have played a couple of viking tournys but this will be my first big tourny. My first tourny with a race to 10. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
candyman said:
making glass. lol. hi Keith couldn't resist saying that. I am entered to shoot in the glass city open this year and am looking forward to all of the competition. I have played a couple of viking tournys but this will be my first big tourny. My first tourny with a race to 10. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

I heard someone ask Howard Vickery for a tip to beat Tony Ellin. Howard said, "Win the lag and don't miss."
Keith thanks for all the great pics , I haven't seen my old friend Troy in awhile but I do talk to him on the phone about once a month.

candyman

Matt Heath
Silver Member
DawgAndy said:
I heard someone ask Howard Vickery for a tip to beat Tony Ellin. Howard said, "Win the lag and don't miss."
Keith thanks for all the great pics , I haven't seen my old friend Troy in awhile but I do talk to him on the phone about once a month.

thats a great tip and very true

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
It used to be drinking age of 18, 3.2 beer and the Peppermint lounge. It was also a place to buy fireworks.

To my knowledge, it's the only city that was picked to have the word "HOLY" in front of it.

"Cow", "Balls", "Moly", "Shit", and "F*#K, don't count since they're not cities. ;)

Last edited:

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
candyman said:
... I am entered to shoot in the glass city open this year and am looking forward to all of the competition.

Joe Brown from Dayton beat Alex. P. in that event a couple of years ago IIRC. I believe Frank Ruby beat Earl there too. So go have some fun.

BTW I beat Joe Brown once. I beat him 1 game in a race to 5 :D . My claim to fame LOL

cut shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go Keith Go... We are all rooting for ya! Shoot straight and best of luck! Please don't forget the pics!!!! :D
Wally in Cincy said:
Joe Brown from Dayton beat Alex. P. in that event a couple of years ago IIRC. I believe Frank Ruby beat Earl there too. So go have some fun.

BTW I beat Joe Brown once. I beat him 1 game in a race to 5 :D . My claim to fame LOL

candyman

Matt Heath
Silver Member
Wally in Cincy said:

Thanks Wally in Cincy i appreciate the heads up and congrats on the Brown defeat. I hope that i can make some upsets. :cool:

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
candyman said:
Thanks Wally in Cincy i appreciate the heads up and congrats on the Brown defeat. I hope that i can make some upsets. :cool:

candyman,

just for the record, I did NOT beat Joe Brown. I beat him 1 game, he beat me 5.

I don't want anybody accusing me of bullshitting the board.

have fun in Toledo.

candyman

Matt Heath
Silver Member
Wally in Cincy said:
candyman,

just for the record, I did NOT beat Joe Brown. I beat him 1 game, he beat me 5.

I don't want anybody accusing me of bullshitting the board.

have fun in Toledo.

Thanks for the clarification wally and i will have fun!!!!!!!

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Toledo is where Johnny Archer broke and ran out 13 racks in a row against Bustamante playing for money about a dozen years ago!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year at the Glass City Open, Johnny Archer, who won the event, kept Kid Delicious benched in a match as he broke and ran out for 10 consecutive games. :eek:

One of the nice features about this tournament is that there are designated match times, which allows the players to make the most out of their day. Joe Brown, Keith, a Canadian player named Frank, and I managed to fit in a little R&R at the local racetrack during last year's GCO. I remember the occasion well because while the three of them huddled in a pack honing their expert handicapping skills hoping to snatch a winner, I bet my mother's birthday, a dollar triple box (6 bucks), and won $489 on my first bet! :p

Here's Joe and Keith depicted below. :)

JAM

Attachments

• Joe Brown.JPG
    Joe Brown.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 351