What would you do?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whenever possible, I stand my cue in a corner, out of ham's way - unless a fight breaks out. I'll then break it down and get my ass out the way.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
Only an idiot stores his cues like that in the case. I see it all the time and I every single time I wait for the case to fall over so it can smack the shaft and break it.

I'd tell him to pound sand.
Exactly, the weight of the case gives substantially increased leverage to stress the joint when it falls over. Just a stupid way to set up. Hope this guy understands this now.

Rack’em

I was in the pool hall shooting and my heel of my foot hit the guys case that I was playing against as I was shooting. He was using the case to hold his shooting Predator Revo Break stick and the case was leaning against a flimsy table. The case fell and the shaft of his stick split it 2 pieces when it hit the chair. He feels I should pay him $600 for the broken shaft.

What is the pool etiquette rules that apply to this situation? What would you do?
This is a tough call. On one hand I feel it's his responsibility to keep the case far enough from the pool table where it's not going to interfere with your shot. On the other hand if it's someone you know and are close with you can certainly offer to pay half. I thought the carbon fiber shafts were very durable. That's one of their selling points on how they won't dent or bend. I think Revo's are about $500.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Would anyone like to purchase a cue guard to protect it from damage when at events?

Think smartphone case but for a pool cue.

The pool cue protector also comes in an option to power low voltage electronics.

If you want it comes with a bluetooth connection, those options cost extra and are in development.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
Would anyone like to purchase a cue guard to protect it from damage when at events?

Think smartphone case but for a pool cue.

The pool cue protector also comes in an option to power low voltage electronics.

If you want it comes with a bluetooth connection, those options cost extra and are in development.
facepalm-deja-q-1068x777.jpg

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I know, I know. You were hoping for full wi-fi and simple Bluetooth won't cut it for you. Wait for 2.0.

If funding is provided, a prototype can be made for competition.

Cue theft prevention is a growing market. There have been several counterfeit cues sold and unlicensed replicas and etc, ...

The cue market industry needs tools to protect itself.