What's hurt pool since I've been working in and around it for the last 34yrs.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Thank You RKC for not only "Talking the Talk",
but also "Walking the Walk".

THAT is why we're losing the youths coming into this game... the kids parents never played pool either, so why would anyone expect the kids to ride their bikes to some place they can play on their own.

At the end of August, I'm driving 200 miles one way back down to Yakima, WA. to recover 2 Valley 8ft bar tables in the YMCA. The tables there are in horrible condidtion from the company that has been servicing them selling the center on the fact that they're doing the recoveries for free, cloth cost only....at $250 per table for $110 worth of cloth total. So i called Simonis and Ridgebackrails and got donations from both for free, that's $800 worth in materials, and I'm donating my labor for free which would be $600. So, $1,400 worth at no charge is FREE to the YMCA. So, after I'm done with the tables i know there's a lot of kids in the area that'll be there playing pool....because all the rest of the pool tables within 50 miles look just like these 2....including the rock hard cushions!!

Last edited: