Whats the deal?

seahorse1877

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious, I see very plain, very beat up Skruggs sneaky-pete's going for obscene prices. There is one that has two shafts, no collars on Ebay and its just a old house cue. I know Skrugs is a sought after maker and I'm not downing anyone or any maker but why does a old house cue demand so much money, seems crazy to me.

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
It is the fault of this forum and cue suckers worldwide. Touting the TS sneakies as the holy grail. Give me a break.

Timmy giggles every time someone steps up and pays the piper.

seahorse1877

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sneaky

Thats the one I saw Joey, I'm sure it hits solid but $500 solid? I just dont see the justification of that kind of price for a house cue, the only thing he had a part in making were the shafts. The taper also. No I've never hit with a Scruggs so I'm speaking with no experience but I've hit with many top makers.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scruggs

Not sure if Market pricing belongs in this section. Nevertheless, buyers determine prices and rationality can be mind-boggling. Sellers can ask anything they want and they can also
sit on the item for years or lower the price.

If you buy a cue make sure you like it and love to play with it. You'll never lose anything using this system:)

BTW Buy that scruggs and sell it to Joey, he sounds like a buyer :)

Mario

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious, I see very plain, very beat up Skruggs sneaky-pete's going for obscene prices. There is one that has two shafts, no collars on Ebay and its just a old house cue. I know Skrugs is a sought after maker and I'm not downing anyone or any maker but why does a old house cue demand so much money, seems crazy to me.

Can we make this a sticky:

Law of Supply and Demand... look it up.

Dale

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He may have used a bar cue for the butt. But the shafts were all Scruggs. He had a reputation for building one of the best Sneakies for years. Two Scruggs shafts would probably be worth a good bit even without the butt. When someone builds a great playing cue and then can still make a great playing cue as a Sneaky pete then those sneakies become really desirable, especially from a highly sought after cuemaker like Tim.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is the fault of this forum and cue suckers worldwide. Touting the TS sneakies as the holy grail. Give me a break.

Timmy giggles every time someone steps up and pays the piper.

And you know this how?

As the man said "Supply & demand."

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
You are absolutely right, you cannot outrun the law of supply and demand.

I have had the luck of hitting with quite a pile of lumber over the years, including dozens of TS sneakies. Of the 2 dozen or more sneakies that I have hit balls with, only 2 were what I would call giant slayers, and they were both road warriors with thousands of hours of play. The rest had not been seasoned or tuned up yet and did not hit any better than any of the fine sneaky petes available in todays market.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen a searing dufferin go for around 2k... just for comparison. I found my Scruggs on c list for cheap. It played really well imo. Sold it to pay for lessons, but still wish I had it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Lexicologist71

Rabid Schuler fanatic
Silver Member
It is kinda funny that it still has the original bumper. I wonder if it is as hard as the nasty things I hide in my tool box.