Whats the most popular gambling game(s) in your room?

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every room has its preferred games of choice that the regulars play for the cash.
It usually has alot to do with the location, country , indigenous history of the game in your area, and the kind of players residing in it, and sometimes other factors (table size for instance) plays a roll.
But, Even rooms within miles of each other can (usuall) have drastically different action games.

In my "home room" ...

Id say easily 40% of all the action is in one pocket.

Then 40% is in any variation of a " pocket " rotation game ,mostly back pocket 9 and also including "bare ball" .

Straight run out rotation games takes 15%

The last 5% goes between 8 ball and straight pool ,banks, bar box anything and 3 cushion.

Id classify it as an old school room. The games of choice say mostly older, experienced and knowledgeable players, alot of "movers" and not many "shoot em out" guys.
Im surprised theres never been no daily "golf" games here T.B.H.

Whats yours?

Enjoy the discussion. ...

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
every room has its preferred games of choice that the regulars play for the cash.
It usually has alot to do with the location, country , indigenous history of the game in your area, and the kind of players residing in it, and sometimes other factors (table size for instance) plays a roll.
But, even rooms within miles of each other can (usuall) have drastically different action games.

In my "home room" ...

Then 40% is in any variation of a " pocket " rotation game ,mostly back pocket 9 and also including "bare ball" .

the last 5% goes between 8 ball and straight pool ,banks, bar box anything and 3 cushion.

Id classify it as an old school room. The games of choice say mostly older, experienced and knowledgeable players, alot of "movers" and not many "shoot em out" guys.
Im surprised theres never been no daily "golf" games here t.b.h.

Whats yours?

poker. Bar none. Period. If you're talking about pool only, one hole by at least 3 to 1.

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 cushion.

Some 8-9-10b, but most of the action is on the carom tables.

Last edited:

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im fairly new to the pool room where most of the action takes place by me. I'd say it's 40% 1 hole, 50% rotation (mainly 9), and 10% everything else. I have seen a pretty lucrative banks ring game that seems to be popular there. Lots of money, drinks and laughs taking place in the ring game.

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. What city and/or state do you play in that is such a hotbed for 3 cushion?

Boston.

I wouldn't call it a hotbed; there just happens to be a spot nearby with really excellent carom tables. The owner is a pro 3-cushion player, and has attracted a decent following of carom players.

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1-Hole and Ring games. You get a small portion of the action into some 9-ball sets.

:thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boston.

I wouldn't call it a hotbed; there just happens to be a spot nearby with really excellent carom tables. The owner is a pro 3-cushion player, and has attracted a decent following of carom players.

Nice. Enjoy a 3 cushion game myself. What make tables?

PoolChump

Banned
Every room has its preferred games of choice that the regulars play for the cash.
But, Even rooms within miles of each other can (usuall) have drastically different action games.

In my "home room" ...

The last 5% goes between 8 ball and straight pool ,banks, bar box anything and 3 cushion.

Im surprised theres never been no daily "golf" games here T.B.H.

Whats yours?

Jacks :sorry:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top.gamble around my area is making a left out of the lot. Followed closely by poker and there is nothing behing that

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My room is pretty much all one pocket, like 95% maybe. Its kind of an infamous one pocket room, actually. I'll play one pocket just because thats all anyone plays there, but it's not my favorite. Only time I really get a 9-ball game is with people from out of town.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds friggin awesome. Great game.

The 10' tables have largely disappeared, between richmond and baltinore.

My room has a heated Gabriels Kronos. Great table. I love playing on a 10 foot pocket billiards table. Wish they would come back.

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Pocket

Buffalos in Metairie, La., any night of the week might walk in on 10,000 sets, right now 3 of the best players on the planet are there giving out one pocket games that are tremendous handicaps (Danny Smith, Justin Hall, Shane Winters ready for action !!

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
They play a LOT of "pocket pool" around here,races to 5 for lunch...;)...Tommy D.