where can i get old rankings

jigmoore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a local guy says he was ranked 20th or something in the world in 1994...(maybe he said just the u.s.....not sure)

anyone know where to find old rankings?

jigmoore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'd rather not say his name. i don't mind calling him out face-to-face...but no sense dissin on him if it's true. no one needs that grief.

assume it was 9-ball...pro tour in america. positive about the year - 1994....but not sure about the discipline, the exact rank, or the accrediting association.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
jigmoore said:
i'd rather not say his name. i don't mind calling him out face-to-face...but no sense dissin on him if it's true. no one needs that grief.

assume it was 9-ball...pro tour in america. positive about the year - 1994....but not sure about the discipline, the exact rank, or the accrediting association.

Good that your not naming him. Your going to be a non-nit on here. Welcome to AZ Billiards. Johnnyt

jigmoore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
Good that your not naming him. Your going to be a non-nit on here. Welcome to AZ Billiards. Johnnyt

been playing pool for 20 years....been on forums for about 5 years (mostly this motorcycle racing forum)

i know how da interwebs be if you start typing with a loose tongue...

who was sponsoring/accrediting the american 9-ball pro tour in 1994?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
jigmoore said:
been playing pool for 20 years....been on forums for about 5 years (mostly this motorcycle racing forum)

i know how da interwebs be if you start typing with a loose tongue...

who was sponsoring/accrediting the american 9-ball pro tour in 1994?

I don't know who were the 9-ball sponsors in 1994 but there are tons of members on here that do. Just keep bumping the thread up. Someone will bite. Johnnyt

MikeJanis

Banned
Back then it would have been the PBTA "Pro Billiards Tour Association" or better known as the PBT "Pro Billiards Tour".

Suggested ways to find out would be:

Scott Smith
Accu-Stats
Old Billiard Digest or Pool & Billiard Magazines.

My search on the net did not return any credible results.

The PBTA started was founded in 1991 and in 1995/6 it became the Camel Pro Billiards Tour. At about this time CJ Wiley split off with a second tour called the PCA "Professional Cue Sports Association".

Mj

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jigmoore said:

Discipline refers to the game...9 Ball, Straight Pool, I don't even count 8 ball.
I have a complete {I think} run of Billiards Digest. I'm not sure the rankings listed go to 20th, though.
IF, and it's a big if, I find anything I'll pm you.

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
August 1994 Billiards Digest lists Pro Billiards Tour Rankings for Jan. 1,1994-July 1, 1994, 1-16. I'm pretty sure they are not listed up to 20th place, but if I find anything, I'll let you know.

MisterBanker

Appalachain American
Silver Member
The Feb' '95 issue of Billiards Digest has the top 30 finishers for the PBTA. The 20th was Rodolfo Luat. All of the top 30 were well known pros.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MisterBanker said:
The Feb' '95 issue of Billiards Digest has the top 30 finishers for the PBTA. The 20th was Rodolfo Luat. All of the top 30 were well known pros.

Good Show! I can't get that far without moving a LOT of stuff and it ain't gonna happen tonight!

jigmoore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MisterBanker said:

sweet!

i'll pm you his name....you mind looking to see if it's on there?