Where to play in Greenville, SC

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Will be there the last 2 weeks of Sept. I gotta PLAY! Would go stir crazy, 2\weeks out of town with nothing to do after meetings.

Let me know whats available.

Thanks Black Cat :cool:
 
Sporty's in Greenville has a tourney the 29th and 30th.

5 Webb Rd.
864-286-1596
 
easy-e said:
Sporty's in Greenville has a tourney the 29th and 30th.

5 Webb Rd.
864-286-1596

Yo, Good Look Out, Easy :)

Do they have a Website? I'm actually going to be leaving on the 28th. Otherwise that Tournament would be fantastic. I see your at Shaw, I'm former U.S.A.F. Myself, AFSC 81150 be awhile tho' got out in 89'.

Holla Back, Black Cat :cool:
 
Cool man! There will be a tournament within a couple hours of there during the time you are there. PM me if you want to hit any of them. I don't know that AFSC, what is it?
 
easy-e said:
Sporty's in Greenville has a tourney the 29th and 30th.

5 Webb Rd.
864-286-1596
Is Sporty's the same place that used to be called Good Times which was owned by Jimmy Hodges? I don't know if it's changed hands because I haven't been to Greenville, SC for a couple of years.
 
SCCues said:
Is Sporty's the same place that used to be called Good Times which was owned by Jimmy Hodges? I don't know if it's changed hands because I haven't been to Greenville, SC for a couple of years.

It was called Game Time/Riptide. Jimmy still owns it, and changed the name when he was able to be incorporated into the city. This allowed him to give up his private club license, which he'd wanted to do for business reasons for some time.
As I understand it, most of the local players have gravitated to The Palace, on Airport Road, I believe.
 
easy-e said:
Cool man! There will be a tournament within a couple hours of there during the time you are there. PM me if you want to hit any of them. I don't know that AFSC, what is it?

Security Specialist :cool: I spent time at Malmstrom AFB. Great Falls, MT., Kunsan AFB. South Korea, & McConnell AFB. Whichita, KS. As you know the only good base is the one in your rearview mirror :D Nah all jokes aside it was a good time in my life I'd do it again.

I'll PM you my cell #. Black Cat :cool:
 
Just wanted to give everybody heads up, I checked out the website for Sportys Nightclub and Sports Bar located in Greenville, South Carolina. I was so impressed by the pictures that I gave them a phone call, I spoke to the owner Jimmy real nice guy. And the best part is rates are $3.50 an hour, that's half of what I would pay here at home in an establishment of this caliber. I plan on staying in there every evening. I'll definitely give this a full review and report once I get back. Still have a few weeks to go yet, I'm actually going to look forward to this trip.

Black Cat :cool:
 
As I said in my original post, you may not find any serious players to play with at Sporty's. I like the place myself, but find that most of the players are to be found at the Palace.
 
Black Cat 5791 said:
Just wanted to give everybody heads up, I checked out the website for Sportys Nightclub and Sports Bar located in Greenville, South Carolina. I was so impressed by the pictures that I gave them a phone call, I spoke to the owner Jimmy real nice guy. And the best part is rates are $3.50 an hour, that's half of what I would pay here at home in an establishment of this caliber. I plan on staying in there every evening. I'll definitely give this a full review and report once I get back. Still have a few weeks to go yet, I'm actually going to look forward to this trip.

Black Cat :cool:
You basically have to shoot from your knees in Sporty's. Jimmy is pretty short and I think he had all of the tables set about 4 inches low to fit him.

Decent place to bang balls but it gets wild in there at night.

As Pushout said, try the Palace.
 
Pushout said:
As I said in my original post, you may not find any serious players to play with at Sporty's. I like the place myself, but find that most of the players are to be found at the Palace.

Well we will see, i've got two weeks to kill. I mainly just won't to stay in stroke, but if games are too easy I may look for stiffer competion.

Black Cat :cool:
 
Where to play in Columbia

Does anyone know of any good rooms in or near Columbia, where serious players might frequent?
 
Correct.

Pushout said:
It was called Game Time/Riptide. Jimmy still owns it, and changed the name when he was able to be incorporated into the city. This allowed him to give up his private club license, which he'd wanted to do for business reasons for some time.
As I understand it, most of the local players have gravitated to The Palace, on Airport Road, I believe.
That's where I found action. Unless you are hitt'em pretty well, that's Bryan White's stomping ground. Some pretty easy action at both places, I found, if you wait it out.
 
Just a note to say I'm Hear Where's The Action At!!!! :) All jokes aside anybody want to play send a PM.

Yo! Easy - E where you at HOLLA BACK!!!

Black Cat :cool:
 
Ktown D said:
You basically have to shoot from your knees in Sporty's. Jimmy is pretty short and I think he had all of the tables set about 4 inches low to fit him.

Decent place to bang balls but it gets wild in there at night.

As Pushout said, try the Palace.


If you like to party then Sporty's is probably the place. I've been there for several tournaments and gotten laid quite a few times out of there. The pool use to be good too. We got into several games involving Stevie and Bruce up that way. Of course we were there on tournament weekends, so take that for what its worth.
 
crawfish said:
That's where I found action. Unless you are hitt'em pretty well, that's Bryan White's stomping ground. Some pretty easy action at both places, I found, if you wait it out.


The only ground B Whizzle is stomping these days is The Baby Gap! lol. Me too for that matter.
 
Black Cat 5791 said:
Just a note to say I'm Hear Where's The Action At!!!! :) All jokes aside anybody want to play send a PM.

Yo! Easy - E where you at HOLLA BACK!!!

Black Cat :cool:

Hey man! I am just east of Columbia in a little city named Camden. If you want to go check out Grady's new room in Columbia let me know. They have a Viking event there this weekend. I am going to play there Wed Thur and Fri.

ERIC
 
Back
Top