Hi everyone,
I want to get back into playing pool. I used to play a lot in college, then didn't play for years. After my divorce I bought a table and have just played for fun.
I live in Hillsborough, NC (close to Chapel Hill/Durham). I was thinking about trying to get into an APA 8 Ball League somewhere close by, but it appears that Oscar's in Chapel Hill is now closed. I went by there yesterday after work, and they had the We Are Closed signs. Is there anyone in NC that can recommend a place to play? I prefer someplace that's a pool hall first, bar second. I've heard of the Green Room in Durham. Raleigh is a bit far. I'm not sure how I'd even go about getting into a league, or if I'm good enough.
Since I mostly play alone, I was looking at better ways to practice, and started reading about 14.1/straight pool. It sounds like a great game, however, I'm not sure I fully understand. I have questions about breaking, and what exactly to do when there's one ball left. Does anyone know of a good video introduction that really breaks it down? I'm still searching youtube and this forum, reading as much as I can.
Thanks!
Eric
I want to get back into playing pool. I used to play a lot in college, then didn't play for years. After my divorce I bought a table and have just played for fun.
I live in Hillsborough, NC (close to Chapel Hill/Durham). I was thinking about trying to get into an APA 8 Ball League somewhere close by, but it appears that Oscar's in Chapel Hill is now closed. I went by there yesterday after work, and they had the We Are Closed signs. Is there anyone in NC that can recommend a place to play? I prefer someplace that's a pool hall first, bar second. I've heard of the Green Room in Durham. Raleigh is a bit far. I'm not sure how I'd even go about getting into a league, or if I'm good enough.
Since I mostly play alone, I was looking at better ways to practice, and started reading about 14.1/straight pool. It sounds like a great game, however, I'm not sure I fully understand. I have questions about breaking, and what exactly to do when there's one ball left. Does anyone know of a good video introduction that really breaks it down? I'm still searching youtube and this forum, reading as much as I can.
Thanks!
Eric