Which Ball Cleaning Machine is the best in the market today?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any thoughts on the $100-$200 machines on Amazon? My concerns would be:
1) Are they effective?
2) Would they damage my brand new Aramith Tourneys?
3) Durability?
If anyone has one of these I'd love some unbiased feedback.
I just have a hard time justifing the cost when I can accomplish the same thing with a microfiber cloth and some cleaner while I watch TV.
Thanks
IMO you can't do as good a job by hand.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only have experience with my home made Diamond style cleaner, and a friends Ballstar. I clean the balls at home, Aramith Premium and Aramith Duramith, apx every two weeks with the Aramith cleaner diluted apx 10-15%. Table is vacuumed apx every two to three days use. Balls come out great and similar to' but somewhat cleaner than the ones at the two leagues we play.
Our friend uses a Ballstar unit every day and Centennial balls. They look incredible, better than new, but have a slippery feel, and play really different. They also have an exaggerated amount of draw. While I like the way they look and the amount of action you get with them, the downfall is most all places you go out to play pool at will not play the way they do, so I see that as a problem unless you don't clean the balls with them as much as our friend does.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only have experience with my home made Diamond style cleaner, and a friends Ballstar. I clean the balls at home, Aramith Premium and Aramith Duramith, apx every two weeks with the Aramith cleaner diluted apx 10-15%. Table is vacuumed apx every two to three days use. Balls come out great and similar to' but somewhat cleaner than the ones at the two leagues we play.
Our friend uses a Ballstar unit every day and Centennial balls. They look incredible, better than new, but have a slippery feel, and play really different. They also have an exaggerated amount of draw. While I like the way they look and the amount of action you get with them, the downfall is most all places you go out to play pool at will not play the way they do, so I see that as a problem unless you don't clean the balls with them as much as our friend does.
I almost feel like not bothering with cleaning my balls. After many hours of home practice with nicely cleaned balls I get to the pool room and their often nasty balls just don't play the same. By the time I adjust to them I'm done for the night. I should probably stop cleaning my home table as well.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I almost feel like not bothering with cleaning my balls. After many hours of home practice with nicely cleaned balls I get to the pool room and their often nasty balls just don't play the same. By the time I adjust to them I'm done for the night. I should probably stop cleaning my home table as well.
... and leave your cue in the trunk of the car in 100 degree heat so it gets a nice warp.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any thoughts on the $100-$200 machines on Amazon? My concerns would be:
1) Are they effective?
2) Would they damage my brand new Aramith Tourneys?
3) Durability?
If anyone has one of these I'd love some unbiased feedback.
I just have a hard time justifing the cost when I can accomplish the same thing with a microfiber cloth and some cleaner while I watch TV.
Thanks
There's some legal loopholes these Chinese companies use to avoid paying any import duties/taxes so you see these amazing prices (in addition to the slave labor and shoddy manufacturing). I heard this morning that congress is looking into closing some of these loopholes and better protect US manufacturers. We may be seeing an end to these dirt cheap imports. I've gotten some import stuff where they basically lie about the contents of the box to zip it through customs.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have league on Mondays and Wednesdays and if I am cleaning them that week, will do it on Thursday or Friday, that way they have a few days to dirty up. Our one league has never cleaned the balls, just bought new ones every couple years, the other league cleans theirs every couple weeks.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
There's some legal loopholes these Chinese companies use to avoid paying any import duties/taxes so you see these amazing prices (in addition to the slave labor and shoddy manufacturing). I heard this morning that congress is looking into closing some of these loopholes and better protect US manufacturers. We may be seeing an end to these dirt cheap imports. I've gotten some import stuff where they basically lie about the contents of the box to zip it through customs.
I'm kind of pessimistic about anything congress has a hand in. In reality they will probably figure a way for them to get kickbacks instead. Some of the cheap stuff is OK, but other stuff is downright dangerous, bad electrical practices, toxic materials, brittle plastic, literal slave labor, etc.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have found a mixture of 2-4 tablespoons Aramith Ball Cleaner mixed with 8 ounces of 91% isopropyl alcohol cleans the balls well and leaves them shiny but not slick. They have that brand new out of the box feel each time them come out of my polisher.
The Ballstar cleaning solution does leave the balls too slick which definitely affects the way they play.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any thought on the Perimeter light brand ball cleaner?
They're just rebranded Chinese machines. A little Google will find a lot of them on AliBaba, Amazon, etc. for dirt cheap. And their lights sure look like these...

perimerter light.jpg