Which cue brand has won more tournaments in the history of pool?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The reason why I said 1960+ is because I'd like to see the answer when there is an actual competition, in other words, we want to see the results when there are a lot more companies rather than one or two, you know what I mean.
Well, then, you can't count Meucci because they were sponsoring far more pro players at one time than any other cue company. And I can assure you that not all of their players enjoyed playing with Meucci cues but they did enjoy the sponsorship money (or often, the cues to be resold).

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
I've not watched a lot of nor kept up with pool tournaments over the last 6 decades but my $0.0002...

This "BRAND", not players use, discussion could use sub category's.
A. Overall in 'X' years most won tourneys.
B. Decade by decade winning tourneys. (due to new mfg's)
C. Do 'house sticks' really count? Most don't have a known maker. (I pilfered one, jointed it & won 95% of the time)
D. Percentage, number of cues made vs won. (A & B)

Some pro's will be sponsored by 'X' cue mfg.. Therefore that real use % is tainted somewhat. AND said pro's have several different brands at hand. Which do you count?

But in this threads overall scheme, if one took a broomstick & put a tip on it and won several prestigious tourneys... ya, that stick would be a hot seller. That best brand?
West Coast Brush?
Braun Brush?
O'Cedar?
Justman Brush?
Gordon Brush?
Precision Brush? (for those who want precision but can't aim straight :grin-square:)
Cocker-Weber Brush? (For those few cocky players)
Felton Inc.? (Not a name twist of Eddie Felson)
Star Brite? (STAR wanna-bee's)
.. .. .. OK, ok, enuff.
Hopefully this point was made, and I agree with many here, it's the player who can take any brand, learn it and win tourneys.
Long winded... sorry.
My take on most tourneys won by brand? Overall is...
1. Brunswick (made for the masses)
2. Meucci (takes talent to understand HOW to use it)
3. McDermott (lower $$ cues for the masses, SOME are great shooters)
4. ?
Chinese graphite sticks not mentioned due to to many mfg's., but most are fair to good sticks. They're consistent in most any weather whereas wood can be finicky.
;)

Cue-stick post thought. Change either & it's a different animal.
Butt - Bow
Shaft - The arrow

Last edited: