Who else was at california billiards yesterday?

actioncentral

Have cue. Will travel.
Silver Member
Usppa

All you sandbaggers in the USPPA know who you are. Talking about the guys who are rated from 45-69 who play 25-45 points higher. Shame on you guys for tring to rob the tourneys.
Only way to win against these sandbaggers is to outrun the nuts. When you used to be a 90+ speed player and you are now a 60 something speed, you better be wearing glasses, be over 65 years old and not be able to see, or not be able to run 5 balls. If you can run 5 balls, you are a 50 speed, 6 balls a 60 speed, 7 balls a 70 speed, 8 balls an 80 speed, and if you can run the table more than once in a tournament, then you are Damn well not a 50 speed.
That is how it was described to me when I joined the USPPA 10 YEARS ago. Made sense then, and it makes sense now. So what the hell happened? Stop trying to hijack the tourney all you sandbaggers!!! Is it not the whole point to try and get a higher average? Where is the pride at? You guys will never improve if you purposely try and keep your average low. You think it is fun to the 100 speed players when they have to give up 4 or 5 games to 8 to a sandbagger? That is why there are not many of them left in the tourneys now a days.

That should be EVERYBODY's goal to be a 100 SPEED. Good Luck to those that are honest.

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
The Sands 9 Ball June event was canceled 2 years ago and there has been rumors that the December event is also being canceled this year. Where did you hear that this year's event is canceled?

The USPPA will probably look for a new venue for the Dec events. I sure hope so.

As far as the June event goes, there are plenty of players that loved the summer vacation playing pool in Reno. Just that there is a ton of summer events in Reno that make a small 200+ pool player tournament look even smaller.

The Sands is bankrupt and will not be the venue for any more pool tournaments. The USPPA December event will most likely be held at California Billiards. Other venues in Reno are being considered for future USPPA events.

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are u sure?

The Sands is bankrupt and will not be the venue for any more pool tournaments. The USPPA December event will most likely be held at California Billiards. Other venues in Reno are being considered for future USPPA events.

You better advise the BCA and Mr. Sullivan or Holly as there is a big bar tournament on Diamond 7ft ers, scheduled for Aug.

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
You better advise the BCA and Mr. Sullivan or Holly as there is a big bar tournament on Diamond 7ft ers, scheduled for Aug.

I have no idea about those events; I'm sure they have contracts in place with the Sands. All I know is the Sands is way in debt and there won't be any more USPPA December events held there. That is my revised statement. I should not have made such a blanket statement, my apologies.

actioncentral

Have cue. Will travel.
Silver Member
San Francisco is a Joke

Went to play the Tourney AT Family in San Francisco for the LAST time. This is just a warning. If you have a job and need to be to work on time DO NOT PLAY in the tourney. The director lets players show up at 9:30pm to play in the tourney and he has a real strange sheet that he just fills in where he feels like it. This tournament used to be so much Better when Gene used to run it. It would get 48 players at the end of the month. The new system is just silly. Are you listening Delbert Wong? You need to know that your weekly tournys have a bad rep all over Nor Cal. Hope you can fix it.

If you show up late then do not let some body play in the tourney. That is how it used to be but people have taken advantage BIG TIME.