Who is the BEST mechanic in the US????

Rospaw1966

@Rospaw1966, doing some research on your recent activity, it sure looks like you are another user with a new screen name.
You as a admin should know better. Never had a account or associated with an account on this site. Never! On the heading on this topic i stated "After reading the first 103 pages of the "talk to a mechanic" (5 evenings.....hours)" see if that is true? Then pm/email/call me so you can make sure. Don't like being called a liar especially by a administrator ! After the outcome you need to post a apology for you accusing my of lying. Only fair by being wrong. Make sure trent gets a heads up. R

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You as a admin should know better. Never had a account or associated with an account on this site. Never! On the heading on this topic i stated "After reading the first 103 pages of the "talk to a mechanic" (5 evenings.....hours)" see if that is true? Then pm/email/call me so you can make sure. Don't like being called a liar especially by a administrator ! After the outcome you need to post a apology for you accusing my of lying. Only fair by being wrong. Make sure trent gets a heads up. R
I stand by my comment. "it sure looks like you are another user with a new screen name"

Or maybe you should talk to your neighbors because you might have a close one that knows a lot about cues.

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say mark as well. Honest and gives his best in all his work. He also gives great advise. I have screwed over by many of who you all say is the best by the tune of 2500 with nothing but broke promises for about 8 years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Worked with many of the guys on here. I think they all have excellent skill sets. My top would be Mark Gregory & Oscar "the sleeper" Aparicio!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He reworked my Gold Crown 4 rails with Diamond angles and new Superspeed cushions. Plays flat out awesome. Definitely a top notch guy!
What angles did he change? GC4 has new spec cushions and banks real close to a blue label. My GC4 had 5" pockets with thick shims to reduce the opening to 4.5" and it never spit a ball out like some GC1's and Olhousen.

I always wanted rail extensions to properly reduce pocket size but never got it done because i sold the table when i moved.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
What angles did he change? GC4 has new spec cushions and banks real close to a blue label. My GC4 had 5" pockets with thick shims to reduce the opening to 4.5" and it never spit a ball out like some GC1's and Olhousen.

I always wanted rail extensions to properly reduce pocket size but never got it done because i sold the table when i moved.
141° corners, 102° sides, 15° down angle, 4.5" corners, 4.75" sides, new threaded inserts in rails and new Superspeeds. The pockets play a little tougher than a Diamond IMO. Have a 4" Diamond and a 4.5" Diamond near me to compare. The 4" plays noticeably tougher, obviously. They do bank similarly. The Diamond banks quieter however.

When I stripped the original cloth off the rails it had double shims to make it tighter.

Last edited:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
141° corners, 102° sides, 15° down angle, 4.5" corners, 4.75" sides, new threaded inserts in rails and new Superspeeds. The pockets play a little tougher than a Diamond IMO. Have a 4" Diamond and a 4.5" Diamond near me to compare. The 4" plays noticeably tougher, obviously. They do bank similarly. The Diamond banks quieter however.

When I stripped the cloth off the rails it had double shims to make it tighter.
Thanks. 4.5” is good all around table.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

THIS.... The Cushions are designed for the GC4. No mod needed.... the slate shelf is far deeper on a Diamond.

TFT

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Thanks. 4.5” is good all around table.
Dave Isaccs, performed a complete redo of my GCI here's his pocket size, exact same as the US Open 9 ball event with 860HR.

Attachments

• 1027201543.jpg
    1027201543.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 94
I wish there were more good mechanics than bad but this is an industry with no standards. I just rebuilt a GC1 and did my own rubber and cloth replacement because I had seen the work that was done prior to me buying it. I had also seen the work of the local expert everyone uses and it wasn't much better. An hour on YouTube and another watching Glen's simonis video and I got it done. It isnt perfect but the rails on my table are junk so I did the best I could. Jerimy Chambers will solve that issue. My point is I didn't want to do any of this. I just wasn't going to be happy with substandard work. My work isn't great but I didn't pay $500 in labor for it and it is as good as what I had seen the local guy do.
Glen or someone with his skill level could make a better and easier living training table mechanics who would then have a verifiable skill level.