Who is the favorite to with the US Open from here?

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the great players left in the tournament, who is the odds on favorite to win? Orcullo? Efren? Shane? Archer? Maybe Im being a homer but I think Shane is the favorite to snap this off. Im not 100 percent sure on this but I dont think any of his opponents have even gotten 5 wins yet. Its been a while since we have had an American win, who better than Shane to do it.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a feeling either Orcullo or Alcano will win the title this year. Dennis looked very confident on the live stream last night against Neils. Alex Pagulayan is also a contender and there is still the great Efren. They all will give SVB tough competition.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the great players left in the tournament, who is the odds on favorite to win? Orcullo? Efren? Shane? Archer? Maybe Im being a homer but I think Shane is the favorite to snap this off. Im not 100 percent sure on this but I dont think any of his opponents have even gotten 5 wins yet. Its been a while since we have had an American win, who better than Shane to do it.

Shane will be a favorite no doubt, but he has his own personal favorite. He's been losing to this guy recently and this is the first time I heard Shane sponsor a fellow pool player to play in a tournament just quite recently, and he's still in the winner's bracket too...
rauch23.gif

bgood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think my pick em is going to be alex or shane, alex has been playing super strong lately. I also think that it should be mentioned that you cant count out Johnny A.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think my pick em is going to be alex or shane, alex has been playing super strong lately. I also think that it should be mentioned that you cant count out Johnny A.

If we based it on current form, there's someone there in the winner's bracket who just won "The Pool Gods Play" mini-tournament with Efren, SVB and Parica as his victims. The same guy also won the Chuck Markulis Memorial 9 Ball tournament and the Cloth 5th Annual Pro 9-Ball Classic, 3 sick tournaments in a row prior to this US 9-Ball Open Championships. How strong is that!

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am here at the USO. Shane is so hot he is practically unstoppable and he hardly misses or gets out of line - plus you have his fantastic break. He really has the cueball on a string right now. A thing of beauty to watch. Melling was ahead 4-2 and I think this was after he ran something like 3 in a row. Then Shane came back, running rack after rack and completely blowing Chris out of the water. In Shane's previous match Shane ran 5 racks in a row. But, as we all know, anything can happen.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I'm really pulling for Earl at this point. Darren aswell since they both are on par to make huge US Open history. Earl's 6th and Darren with a 3 peat?? Fricking exciting!!!

Johnny Archer and Efren are also right up there for me. I would like to See JA take it down but seeing Efren in the winners circle trying on that stupid grin of his would be just as great :)

Last edited:

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
If we based it on current form, there's someone there in the winner's bracket who just won "The Pool Gods Play" mini-tournament with Efren, SVB and Parica as his victims. The same guy also won the Chuck Markulis Memorial 9 Ball tournament and the Cloth 5th Annual Pro 9-Ball Classic, 3 sick tournaments in a row prior to this US 9-Ball Open Championships. How strong is that!

Stronger than cat piss.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member

Yes, Ronnie Alcano is playing in top form again, not that he ever dropped that far off.

My pick before the tournament that I posted in another thread was Jung-Lin Chang vs Yukio Akakariyama in the finals.

My short list of who is left that I'd like to see win it are.....

Earl Strickland
Jung-Lin Chang
Yukio Akakariyama
Shane VanBoening
Ronnie Alcano
Jose Parica
Efren Reyes
Dennis Orcollo
Nick VanDenBerg
Corey Deuel
Huidjie See
Shawn Putnam

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but the things Shane is doing to people now, isn't that what Earl used to do back in the day?

maestro de pool

Focus Concetration Nerves
Silver Member
Raj Hundal - D. Orcullo

Raj Hundal - D. Orcullo the FINAL or a European player .I give 33.33% to each of my predictions

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raj Hundal - D. Orcullo the FINAL or a European player .I give 33.33% to each of my predictions

I was shocked on how good Parica played with Earl if he maintained this quality play he might be in the final with Orcullo or Darren. Efren is going to loose, because remaining players know by now he is a big threat and will not give him a chance, sorry.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Either way, however it pans out there will be great top level pool played. We will certainly have a much clearer picture by the end of the day. If I was betting, My money would be on Orcullo or Shane.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Shane looked hungry when he left here, and he took second at JA's tourny, then won the championship cloth event. The kid is on fire.

LOOK OUT WORLD, SVB IS HERE TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a firm believer when this kid plays hungry, he CAN NOT be beat.

Go get'em Shane!

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is amazing and is my pick to win. I saw him at JA's tournament in Atlanta where he lost to Shannon. After the match was over he stood staring at the table for an uncomfortably long time. Losing eats at his soul.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know he is a long shot to do so, but I hope that Parica can take it down. He has come close a few times but hasn't been able to close it. I would love to see Amang get his due.