Who is the most honest Pro player?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was also there, but I believe you. I was certain about Breedlove, but not sure about Boyes. That was an unbelievable field. 84 guys, many many world champions. ...

Including a pudgy (compared with now) Wu Jia-Qing, having just turned age 17, after winning two world champonships within the previous 8 months.

Pangit

Banned
Huge difference between mistaken and dishonest. You should already know that.

There was no mistake. Francisco threw a bonafide hissy fit when esteemed referee Nigel Rees ruled on the matter after video review (which he certainly saw as well.) He then demanded to speak with the TD and held up play.

Dishonest is the best way to skin that cat. I guess you could call it poor sportsmanship if you want to be nice.
:crying:

Don Owen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is interesting. I've always thought honesty was an absolute. You're either honest or you're not. I don't think there are degrees of honesty.
Don

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is interesting. I've always thought honesty was an absolute. You're either honest or you're not. I don't think there are degrees of honesty.
Don
Moral Philosophy time! Awesome!

While honesty may be an absolute, in the Platonic sense, conditions must be applied.

Is stealing day old bread to feed your family dishonest? Perhaps. But the mitigating factors make the label of dishonesty less aggregious.

Does this have anything to do with pool? Nah.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Moral Philosophy time! Awesome!

While honesty may be an absolute, in the Platonic sense, conditions must be applied.

Is stealing day old bread to feed your family dishonest? Perhaps. But the mitigating factors make the label of dishonesty less aggregious.

Does this have anything to do with pool? Nah.

And if I needed that bread that was stolen from me to feed my family? You have NO right to somebody else's property period.
Jason

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if I needed that bread that was stolen from me to feed my family? You have NO right to somebody else's property period.
Jason

You’re correct. However, I think he was trying to demonstrate how that offense is not quite as bad as others. I would still shoot the guy for stealing my bread (he could have had it if he would have simply asked, of course), but I don’t hold his crime in the same regard as robbing old people of their retirement funds to get rich.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re correct. However, I think he was trying to demonstrate how that offense is not quite as bad as others. I would still shoot the guy for stealing my bread (he could have had it if he would have simply asked, of course), but I don’t hold his crime in the same regard as robbing old people of their retirement funds to get rich.
Precisely; and I tried to lessen it more by specifying “day old bread” because I know bakers make a living selling their bread, and if I had simply said it was bread in the trash then it would not be stealing.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Simple question, calls his/her own fouls even when others don't notice, reputation beyond reproach, etc...

Tom Kennedy. TK is a devout Christian. He is able to compete for money in tournaments while he manages them and/or referees them because he is that honest. He is a model man of faith.