Who makes the best production cues today?

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
it is OPINION, and happens to be a popular one, but I've yet to play with a Schon that I liked more than my Jacoby. ;)

How many Schon cues have you ever had to take apart and rebuild?

How many Jacoby cues have to had to take a part and put back together again?

This discussion is who makes the best production cue, not which one feels better to you personally. Like I said in my first post, as far as construction is concerned, and Quality of materials are concerned no other production cues made equal Schon.

Fact!:)

Calgaryplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hands down the best production cues made anywhere in the world today are made by Schon right here in the USA.

This is not my opinion it is a fact that is impossible to dispute!!!

would you kill those people who has diff. opinion??:confused:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
it is OPINION, and happens to be a popular one, but I've yet to play with a Schon that I liked more than my Jacoby. ;)

I should have added Jacoby to my "bang for the buck" list. I have one, it plays good. Their production cues are very good. The Jacoby doesn't get much use now that I have a Josey, tho...;) Hmmm, maybe I like cues that begin in "J"? Maybe I should try a Joss...

weiru

99% Luck, 1% Skill
Silver Member
i believe other than the quality,material and playability of the production cue, the service is also very important. just take predator as example. the warranty thing is a joke! schon has a good after sales service, i'm not sure about mezz.

DrewWhitehead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned at least seven joss cues and have one that's approaching twenty five years old and never had to take it apart. The only thing I have to do is a new tip every once in a blue moon. In fact I can't think of any cue I've ever owned that I've had to take apart and put back together. Now granted I might not have owned as many cues or as many brands but I've owned my fair share of brands and several of each, I can't think of one that has ever needed anything but a tip or rewrap due to age and use. Not trying to start anything, but just wondering about the point your trying to make.

Last edited:

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i mean.. is this the single most posted thread in the history of AZ???

search.jpg

but to add my 2 cents.

1. OB Cues
2. Schon
3. Mezz

I just bought a mezz power break 2 and it is the triple super duper insanely great nuts. The OB break cue is the equal of the mezz, I just like the short butt design and I got a great deal on it, that's why I chose it... but the OB break cue is great. I put OB Cues ahead of everything else because their shafts are the best on the market bar none, especially now that the Classic and Classic Pro have been unveiled (try one, it's the BEST SHAFT THERE IS.. PERIOD). Because the OB comes with an OB shaft, obviously, they are the best. The butt is almost inconsequential and I'd be playing with an OB shaft on one of those cues.. but Mezz and Schon make super solid hitters even without an OB shaft.

Stylez777

This should actually be split into two sections:

Production Cues under $400

Production cues Over $400

For Production Cue under $400 I'd go with a Joss for the construction quality or a McDermott for the warranty.

For Production Cue over $400 it's either a Schon or a Mezz like I said before. Both are so good it would be hard to choose. I would take the Mezz simply because it comes with a LD shaft (which is damn good) their united and wavey joints are the best on the market. Where a cue is made only matter to me if it comes from China. China makes some really cheap quality stuff and seeing as Schon and Mezz both are not made in China rules that out for me. (Isn't PREDATOR made in china now???? hmmmm.....)

Now Mezz is made in Japan which is NOT CHINA. Last I looked most stuff in the past 30 years made in Japan has better quality then what's made in the USA (sad but true look at cars & electronics) I love Schons, and I love Joss/OB cues but once I hit a Mezz I never wanted to touch another Production cue..

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gina.
Southwest

Ernie often build the same model over and over. Unless it is something unique I would offer it is a production cue.

Southwest builds the same model over and over.

Ken