Who makes the best production cues today?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. My jaw was dropping further and further as I read the thread and Pechauer not even being mentioned. I'm not sure what it is, maybe very few people have played with them but they are top notch cues IMO. Again, IMO Schon would be #2 for me, I don't like their hit as well.

i don't care for how they look and i've only seen them payed with with predator shafts on 'em

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. My jaw was dropping further and further as I read the thread and Pechauer not even being mentioned. I'm not sure what it is, maybe very few people have played with them but they are top notch cues IMO. Again, IMO Schon would be #2 for me, I don't like their hit as well.
I was waiting for someone to mention them as well. I've had two Pechauers and they shoot better than Schons IMHO. The Pechauer I'm shooting with now has a 314-2 shaft on it and it hits like a dream. It doesn't have as stiff as hit as Schons and the wood selection and build quailty of the Pechauers are excellent.

TAP

"Banks are Always Open!"
Silver Member
GMAC- about your avatar. What happened to the "One foot on the Ground" rule? LOL

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you take the inlayed shafts off I like how most of them look. I actually had a Z2 on one for awhile but switched back to the stock shaft. Usually someone ask "what the hell is Pechauer" when I let them play with it then are very surprised how well it plays. Certainly I'm biased at this point, but if you consider quality, playibility and affordability they gotta be on the list IMO.

Not knocking Mezz (pretty good cues IMO) but I was surprised to see them at the top of a lot of peoples list.

willam

Registered
I was waiting for someone to mention them as well. I've had two Pechauers and they shoot better than Schons IMHO. The Pechauer I'm shooting with now has a 314-2 shaft on it and it hits like a dream. It doesn't have as stiff as hit as Schons and the wood selection and build quailty of the Pechauers are excellent.

I second that! I use an OB-2 shaft and it's truly great.

If you are going just off of quality of construction here are mt top three.

#1 Pechauer
#2 Schon
#3 Predator SP series (full splice) not to fond of the others

If you are talking about palyability that is purely subjective.

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
This is to easy, I just got my $180 Dominiak. It is the best production cue for the cash the world has ever seen.

The shaft is pie laminated and the butt is as well. The whole cue costs less than the other guys pie laminate shaft. It has a laminate tip...My favorite part it is "Made in the USA." These things make it the greatest production cue ever built. A $500 dollar design for $180. Finale the USA is fighting back.

Want to know more call them look at their website. www.dominiakcues.com

One of the last cue factory's in the USA, and he just started making the best production cues in the world.

I am not being paid to say this.

I am editing this because I am new to selling stuff...I can get these cues they are called Ultrapete's I can wholesale them or retail them. My number is 704-624-0647

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Probably true that you get what you pay for...thus so many votes for Schon, Predator, and Mezz. They are high dollar cues. But I still think Viking or McDermott offer a hell of a bang for the buck in production cues.

Stylez777

Mezz and Schon!!!

Schon has an old school look and feel and they are great cues!

Mezz has the best fitting joint on the market, great look and playability to their cues and a great LD shaft also.

a notable third would be OB cues, I really like the balance and playability on the OB cues. OB design choices are very limited and pricey.

if i had no cues and had $400-$500 to spend i'd get a Mezz without a doubt!

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Playability wise I liked Pechauer and Jacoby (though Jacoby is known more for there customs, their production line plays GREAT too). I went with a Jacoby (not from their production line), and haven't regretted the choice in the least!!! :thumbup:

The options of joints from Jacoby can give TONS of options on feel to suit just about anyone too (5/16 - 14 like mine, 3/8 - 10, radial, etc.). As for the Jacobys and the folks who work for them - 2nd to none; GREAT folks who stand behind what comes outta their shop 110%.

I repeat myself over and over in these kind of threads, and will do so for as long as it takes so someone else can be as happy with one as I am with mine. :grin:

mr_griff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Though I have never played one

I think somebody should mention you can get a Joss for $200 and the fact that Dan or his son make the cue I would certainly give them the edge over anything in that price range. As has been said before, it all comes down to price. There is an argument against Schon and Mezz that is when an entry level production costs $400-500, you are competing against custom cues. If you are like me, 6'5" with decent sized hands you might be better off with a custom that fits you vs the name on the butt.

I play a Predator P2 (though I am getting a 30" OB classic to add a little length to it) and really haven't hit anything other than a players cue, so am thus unqualified to anwser this question other than to say my 2 cents about bang for you buck.

DrewWhitehead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call me crazy but I would have to go with a joss. I think all the ob cue butts are made by joss anyway. Dan has them listed in the archieve on his site. For a stand up price, you can get a stand up cue. As others have said too, made in the USA, that kind of weighs a little more on my mind than buying a mezz or some import.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
I have to wonder why so many professionals today use Predator shafts. I do not believe that they are getting more than a big discount on the purchase of the shaft, and in exchange they wear a Predator patch.

I'm afraid your "belief" is incorrect! Predator has probably given away nearly as many cues & shafts as they've sold. Just about any pro can get all they want. But to be fair, most of the pro's who have been player reps for me have not paid for their cues either. It's a normal business practice in just about any sport.

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best production cue

I have to say Schon is the best in my opinion.As for number two I would have say Predator.Joss is third for me.

Keith

rjtcobra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ordered a pechauer pro series at custom 61", can't wait to get it! About 3 more weeks to go, but price was great, I'll report back once I have it.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Hands down the best production cues made anywhere in the world today are made by Schon right here in the USA.

The quality of construction, materials, and design can not be touched by any other production cues maker!!!!:) Some would even say that Schon cues are custom, and while they will make one of kind cues for their customers the bulk of the cues produced are production.

This is not my opinion it is a fact that is impossible to dispute!!!