Who Picks The Players For World Cup?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Who picks the players for the world cup? I hope it's the country they are from that gets to pick them, but my feeling is that it's Matchroom/Hearn that does the picking just from who I see there. Johnnyt
 
Who picks the players for the world cup? I hope it's the country they are from that gets to pick them, but my feeling is that it's Matchroom/Hearn that does the picking just from who I see there. Johnnyt

Just another promoter who came up with an event title to sell an event. Sort of like your boy Dragon naming his 14.1 event the World's Tournament. Nothing to do with national governing bodies. Are they playing with their usual gaffe rules like the WPA just stupidly used in their Qatar World Championship where even if you make a ball on the break you can't stay at the table unless either two other balls went down and/or passed the line?
 
Just another promoter who came up with an event title to sell an event. Sort of like your boy Dragon naming his 14.1 event the World's Tournament. Nothing to do with national governing bodies. Are they playing with their usual gaffe rules like the WPA just stupidly used in their Qatar World Championship where even if you make a ball on the break you can't stay at the table unless either two other balls went down and/or passed the line?

I know some teams at least won some form of qualifier to gain entry.
 
Just another promoter who came up with an event title to sell an event. Sort of like your boy Dragon naming his 14.1 event the World's Tournament. Nothing to do with national governing bodies. Are they playing with their usual gaffe rules like the WPA just stupidly used in their Qatar World Championship where even if you make a ball on the break you can't stay at the table unless either two other balls went down and/or passed the line?

Yes I believe the world 9 ball cup is same rules...crazy stuff. Don't get me started on dragon :angry:. Johnnyt
 
Man, I don't care who pick 'em. This is the BEST tournament I've seen in years. Wow!

I love this tournament. :wub:
 
This event makes a good case why the annual 14.1 event should NOT be called a "World Championship", unless it has the required WPA minimum prize purse to qualify.

In this event here you have several countries represented, all with top notch players.

You can't call someone a "World Champion" unless all the relevant countries and their top players participate in said tournament. Having the WPA "World" sanctioning behind an event, is why these players from all over the world will show up. Otherwise, you end up with mostly local players to the event, and should not, and can not, claim a "world Championship", like Charlie Williams tries to do.
 
Back
Top