Who was in the wrong?

RabbiHippie

"Look! A real hippie!"
Silver Member
Maybe things are different on the women's tour, but I have a hard time imagining Jean Balukas (or Alison Fischer) wanting a hug after a loss either.

VTEC John

I find Seo's fundamentals extraordinary; she could be the poster woman for "Treat Every Shot With Respect." After playing a near perfect match, she practically skipped over to him like an excited child. To me her body language told the whole story: a 21-year old was excitedly approaching someone she looked up to (you don't get to Seo's level without knowing the game--of course Strickland's a hero). Earl wasn't having it. Fair enough, but he could have been nicer about it to say the least. After he blew her off, you could see Seo's disappointment in her body language. Earl had said to her, "You play better than me." At this stage of Earl's life, yes. Seo is going to be a force.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This is the monster who attacked Earl…..

0B65111B-CC3E-4298-8265-FE9594DC7AF6.jpeg

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find Seo's fundamentals extraordinary; she could be the poster woman for "Treat Every Shot With Respect." After playing a near perfect match, she practically skipped over to him like an excited child. To me her body language told the whole story: a 21-year old was excitedly approaching someone she looked up to (you don't get to Seo's level without knowing the game--of course Strickland's a hero). Earl wasn't having it. Fair enough, but he could have been nicer about it to say the least. After he blew her off, you could see Seo's disappointment in her body language. Earl had said to her, "You play better than me." At this stage of Earl's life, yes. Seo is going to be a force.

there is a precedent there, korean kim ga young was also around that age when she converted from carom to pool and became a major force. i'm glad to see these new asian girls accompany kelly and allison, as the level below them is.. not very watchable.

hax

Registered
But even when kicking there’s an approach and speed where good things can happen and bad things can happen and his intuition is Efren-like right now. Jayson put him in absolute jail and FSR reversed it on him. At that moment Jayson’s soul left his body. I never saw a current top 7 pro pool player get demoralized so brutally before while playing their best game.
Yeah, totally. It was quite something to see. I've also seen it with SVB, but that was more his own screw-up (some screw-up and he just gives up after that). This was totally different.

The other thing I found interesting. The ref and Naoyuki Oi. After Naoyuki scratched on the bank, the ref was staring at him as if he was going to go ballistic. I'm not sure what he was doing off-camera, but the way she was looking at him I thought he was going to start throwing cues and chairs.

Last edited:

dendweller

Maybe things are different on the women's tour, but I have a hard time imagining Jean Balukas (or Alison Fischer) wanting a hug after a loss either.
I think maybe it's in their contract, just like ladies tour in golf, they always seem to hug after a round.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is a precedent there, korean kim ga young was also around that age when she converted from carom to pool and became a major force. i'm glad to see these new asian girls accompany kelly and allison, as the level below them is.. not very watchable.
If you are referring to American women players, yes it is very sad indeed. Not a single one in the world top 25 female pro Fargo rated players.

The USA men hardly better, with only SVB among the world’s top 30 Fargo rated players.

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earls a thug. A remnant of pool hustlers and low life’s of the past. Entertaining but not someone you would want your daughter to marry. School drop outs with criminal records. Druggies. Pool players whose only possessions are a cue, used car and pinky ring any of which are subject to being hocked.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Earl was wrong, something she will never forget. Shame on you Earl!!!!!!!!!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earls a thug. A remnant of pool hustlers and low life’s of the past. Entertaining but not someone you would want your daughter to marry. School drop outs with criminal records. Druggies. Pool players whose only possessions are a cue, used car and pinky ring any of which are subject to being hocked.
Actually Earl is a great person to be around. Guessing you’ve never hung out with him

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are referring to American women players, yes it is very sad indeed. Not a single one in the world top 25 female pro Fargo rated players.

yes, but the euro women too are clearly behind the asian girls and the two fishers. the travel restrictions going away really told the story

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have grown used to seeing and hearing behavior from Earl that is unsettling and worse. I watched the exchange between the two players and it appears she was very excited. She seemed to be very happy to even play him and the way she kind of trotted over to hug him was a show of excited respect from her.

For Earl it was just another poor display of character and it is what I expect Earl to do when he loses. Normally he looks disgusted and makes a few nasty remarks or blames the table, the balls, the temperature or anything else he can find. It amazes me that he gets invited to play in some of these events..
Who cares.. he did nothing wrong. She needs to grow up. You don’t need to hug people. If he tried to hug her and she turned it down you would be on here ripping earl for being a dirty old man and putting her in that position. When earl messes I’m fine to call him out. He did 0 wrong here. No one has to hug anyone …many or women. He shook her hand. That’s all thats necessary

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
F&*k hugs.
If my worthy opponent is going to offer me a hug after kicking my ass, it had better be Mike Tyson.

If I’m going to accept my opponents embrace, it had better be offered from a dizzy and disoriented Mike Tyson.

Eddie <— “Girls dem sugar”

Last edited:

DeeDeeCues

Young lady tries to hug old white guy = cute.
Old white guy refuses hug = horrible.

Hmmmmm...

Old white guy tries to hug young lady = .....creepy.

Double goddamn standard.