Whose got the best rack in pool/

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the standard delta 13 and its good but loud.

they do make the inserts for the regular also and I am going to order some shortly.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I"ve been using my Diamond for 8 years and really like it. Great rack and it's cool.

eaglemanmike

WTB--A New Stroke !
I have the Delta 13 elite and I love it. Like stated earlier, the only negative is the fact that it's quite loud. Mine was a Christmas gift from my wife and has personalized engraving on it so reluctant to add the inserts. I guess I'll just live with the noise.

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What ever happened to the Sardo Tight Rack? No one seems to use it anymore. I havent seen it used in any of the big tournaments. Why not?

The Sardo lost a ton of interest (despite a major push in sponsorship of high profile events in the early 2000s) because people started realizing how exactly it works. By pressing the balls down onto the felt, the Sardo rack actually creates small divots in the felt and underlayment, in the exact same way as if you were to drop a ball on the table from a few feet in the air. These small "dents" create an unlevel playing surface, and unless you rack the balls in the EXACT same spot every time down to the millimeter, you are creating new dimples with every game you play. People probably got sick of their table resembling Swiss cheese due to the Sardo. Plus it's bulky and ugly in my opinion.

Predator5K4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Racks

The Sardo lost a ton of interest (despite a major push in sponsorship of high profile events in the early 2000s) because people started realizing how exactly it works. By pressing the balls down onto the felt, the Sardo rack actually creates small divots in the felt and underlayment, in the exact same way as if you were to drop a ball on the table from a few feet in the air. These small "dents" create an unlevel playing surface, and unless you rack the balls in the EXACT same spot every time down to the millimeter, you are creating new dimples with every game you play. People probably got sick of their table resembling Swiss cheese due to the Sardo. Plus it's bulky and ugly in my opinion.

I think short term for a weekend tournament, and a dedicated Sardo racker, who knows exactly how important it is to get the position right, it works fine. Long term in my home with a continuously changing racker, it did not work at all.

I have both a Diamond rack and Delta-13 and love them both. Can't go wrong with either one.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
If you are looking for "square and true" then the Delta 13 is the one. You can find them at a couple of places on sale. Seybert's had then for $39 not to long ago. They are definitely one of the best out there. The only complaint some have is they are nosier than a plastic or wood rack, but that doesn't bother me. I don't throw the balls in there and slide them from the foot rail into position. I put the rack into position on the foot spot first and then place the balls in. There are some inserts available as an option for $20 that quiets things down a bit if you find it too loud for your liking.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
I"ve been using my Diamond for 8 years and really like it. Great rack and it's cool.

I like the diamond club rack too. Straight as an arrow and nice and thick.
Delta is the new "it" rack just like sardo was a few years ago. Everyone overlooked sardos bulkiness because it was "in" back then. Now everyones willing to overlook the deltas loudness. Not me. Ive been using wood as long as woods been out. (forever) and im not gonna change.

chuckpilegis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shannellel.jpg

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
I don't know about the best...but Mark Tad always had the coolest rack in pool.

He did not use one...He would slide all the balls up a certain way and then move two of them to the top and bottom...It took him all of about two seconds to rack and they seemed to be tight racks also.

I could never do it as easy as he made it look.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Sardo rack ... it looks neat hanging on my wall ... I never use it.

Delta 13 is the way to go.