Why are you up at 5am?

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope this is not regarded as a Jamie Lion question but I'm curious. There are a few people on here at 5am. Myself I am a morning person after getting up early for work for years and still have the habit as I like to go fishing early if the weathers good.
So, are you up early or haven't you gone to bed?
Habit, routine.
I think it is the best time of the day.
I wake the birds not the other way around.
Go to bed early too.
What was it the Benjamin Franklin said in Poor Richard?

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Habit, routine.
I think it is the best time of the day.
I wake the birds not the other way around.
Go to bed early too.
What was it the Benjamin Franklin said in Poor Richard?
He also said: “A penny saved......etc.”. What’s a penny worth nowadays?

Geosnookery

I’ve been getting up around 5am since I was 14 and my first summer job in a German steel factory. Had to catch the train. Then when school started a friend and I decided that cross country/orienteering was the only sport we had a chance to excel in. Yup...met up at 5am and ran the trails though the Black Forest. And over 50 years later still get together to run and cycle a few times a year...only slow down on a few curves as a Grizzly might be out and about at sun rise.

Even when my wife and I are out until the wee hours dancing, I still get up early.

The flipside. I nap about a half hour just about every afternoon. I’ll even nap when hiking in our Rockies or out for a day’s fishing.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I deal with Japan, Europe and China (sometimes all at once on a project) so my work meetings can be odd hours. China is especially difficult because they are 12 hours different...no really good time that isn't inconvenient for someone.

I am up around 5 am a few days/week for calls with China and to keep a somewhat consistent pattern I rarely sleep past 6 am.

Especially in the summer I like getting work done early in the day to have more time outside in the afternoon and evening.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I deal with Japan, Europe and China (sometimes all at once on a project) so my work meetings can be odd hours. China is especially difficult because they are 12 hours different...no really good time that isn't inconvenient for someone.

I am up around 5 am a few days/week for calls with China and to keep a somewhat consistent pattern I rarely sleep past 6 am.

Especially in the summer I like getting work done early in the day to have more time outside in the afternoon and evening.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It's rough.
My son deals with teams on his projects in India.
He takes odd hour calls also.