Why CTE is so controversial

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
What you’re essentially saying is you can only see a half ball hit if you meet certain criteria.

In all of the statements made against CTE. Yours is by far the weakest.

I think you missed Lou's point, but I will let him explain if he is so inclined.

Also, I do see his post as being specific to CTE. There are other methods that requiring sighting certain things.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
You should know what full stance means if you know CTE and its nomenclature. Apparently you don’t?

I know someone being an ass when I see it.

"Everyone" is NOT versed in the Supposed Type of Aiming "System" that redefines & misuses words & language.

How many of the Thousands of General Readers who read here do YOU think are verses in Supposed Type of Aiming 'System'.

All I did was ask an EXTREMELY simple question "Just to be clear"...

But NOW YOU... just like the rest can not give a simple civil answer.

You just those who shall remain nameless of this world.

I "had" thought better of you.

PS I stopped delving into "IT" as soon as I knew that it was not as "declared". So, I do not remember which that phrase is "OFFICIALLY" meant to be...

because I have seen it used to mean both. I was only trying to clarify.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

The video clearly exemplifies how a 30 inside (the title of the video) perception is used for a range of shots. You know, what can’t be done without my fudging of something according to pundits. I do the same process for every shot. Technically, every shot results in a unique orientation. Nothing guessed, nothing fudged, nothing adjusted, just using the perceptions in a very exacting way.

Nice shooting. The "range" of shots (from 1st to last) span about a 3 to 4° in cut angle. The 1st shot being very close to 22° and the last around 25 or 26°. As firm as you hit the shots you are surely stunning the ball, producing more CIT in the first shot than in the last. So the first shot is slightly overcut and then the CIT thickens it up. As the shots get thinnner the overcut becomes less (as you say, you are reaching the limit of a 30 inside), but the CIT is also decreasing as the cut angle increases, which means the ob is being thrown less, making it possible to use nearly the same aim for each shot.

In other words, I believe I can shoot each of these shots using stun and a 5/8 fractional hit each time. R
Simply rolling the cb through the ob I'd have to shoot the last shot a touch thinner than the others, or use a half tip of outside spin on the cb. Fractionally, there's only about a 1/16 aiming difference between the 1st shot and the last shot, a very subtle difference that the brain of an experienced player can easily notice automatically.

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I know someone being an ass when I see it.

"Everyone" is NOT versed in the Supposed Type of Aiming "System" that redefines & misuses words & language.

How many of the Thousands of General Readers who read here do YOU think are verses in Supposed Type of Aiming 'System'.

All I did was ask an EXTREMELY simple question "Just to be clear"...

But NOW YOU... just like the rest can not give a simple civil answer.

You just those who shall remain nameless of this world.

I "had" thought better of you.

PS I stopped delving into "IT" as soon as I knew that it was not as "declared". So, I do not remember which that phrase is "OFFICIALLY" meant to be...

because I have seen it used to mean both. I was only trying to clarify.

Wow pot calling kettle black. I’m putting you on ignore, I’ve tried to tolerate but you seriously provide zero useful input to this sub. Trolling should be a ban consequence.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suggestion for Monty

First you complain that I said I was leaving, now you complain that I continued to post. Then you can’t figure our what the video is suppose to show/indicate/support? You bash anything pro-CTE for the sake of bashing. You cheerlead anything said by your pundits. I really don’t want to extend you any further credibility until you post a video making some shots. Anything. Heck run a rack of nine ball. I’ll be impressed.
The video clearly exemplifies how a 30 inside (the title of the video) perception is used for a range of shots. You know, what can’t be done without my fudging of something according to pundits. I do the same process for every shot. Technically, every shot results in a unique orientation. Nothing guessed, nothing fudged, nothing adjusted, just using the perceptions in a very exacting way.
Pardner............SHOW THESE PEOPLE NOTHING. They deserve nothing. They would wet their pants if they knew what was actually going on behind the scenes with CTE. You know what I am talking about. SHOW THEM NOTHING.
All you wind up doing is pissing into the wind and letting it blow back in your face.
They know EXACTLY what you were doing in that video....they simply hate Stan Shuffett and it burns them up because he's smarter than they are, a better pool player than they are, is successful, and has a massive following of supporters that they only dream about.
Before I threw them all on IGNORE....I should have said the same words to all members of that "Putdown Posse" that Paul Newman said to George C. Scott in the closing scenes of that Hustler movie.
"ENGLISH, Dan White, Brian Crist, Patrick Johnson, Lou Figaroa,........you don't even know what winning is. Because you're DEAD inside and you can't live unless you make everything else around you dead too. You're LOSERS"
You've got good sense, Monty
Dump those chumps and get on with living........or get on with dying (by arguing in this sewer.)
Regards,
Lowenstein

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
First you complain that I said I was leaving, now you complain that I continued to post. Then you can’t figure our what the video is suppose to show/indicate/support? You bash anything pro-CTE for the sake of bashing. You cheerlead anything said by your pundits. I really don’t want to extend you any further credibility until you post a video making some shots. Anything. Heck run a rack of nine ball. I’ll be impressed.

First, you avoid even acknowledging, much less answering my seemingly simple question. Then you abruptly take off saying, 'until The Book'. So... since you are back should I surmise that The Book is out? Somehow I don't think so.

I bash nothing. Being Truthful is not bashing. I have even complimented a certain aspect that I think might be of benefit to some, to only have Cookie say that he does not do that, but does something else instead. 'For the "SAKE" of bashing'? Are you kidding?

I have NO PUNDITS, but a certain few who post similar to me DO have expertise in fields that are relevant to these discussions.

I do not care what you extend or do not extend. You doing either does NOT change a single Fact. I could be a paraplegic & it would not change my intellectual "thinking" & what I "know".

I will let your last paragraph stand on its own for every reader with an ounce of common sense to make their own determination as well that they should.

I think you have gone off with this tirade because I asked you a question that no CTEer including Mr. Shuffett has never answered, because there is no answer. It is in post number 59 of this thread, which it would "seem" that you read not long before taking your leave.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Pardner............SHOW THESE PEOPLE NOTHING. They deserve nothing. They would wet their pants if they knew what was actually going on behind the scenes with CTE. You know what I am talking about. SHOW THEM NOTHING.
All you wind up doing is pissing into the wind and letting it blow back in your face.
They know EXACTLY what you were doing in that video....they simply hate Stan Shuffett and it burns them up because he's smarter than they are, a better pool player than they are, is successful, and has a massive following of supporters that they only dream about.
Before I threw them all on IGNORE....I should have said the same words to all members of that "Putdown Posse" that Paul Newman said to George C. Scott in the closing scenes of that Hustler movie.
"ENGLISH, Dan White, Brian Crist, Patrick Johnson, Lou Figaroa,........you don't even know what winning is. Because you're DEAD inside and you can't live unless you make everything else around you dead too. You're LOSERS"
You've got good sense, Monty
Dump those chumps and get on with living........or get on with dying (by arguing in this sewer.)
Regards,
Lowenstein
lol

So your advice is to put all your "enemies" on ignore and then rant about them with every post?

My advice is see a psychiatrist and get some meds. Or maybe another hobby.

pj
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Nice shooting. The "range" of shots (from 1st to last) span about a 3 to 4° in cut angle. The 1st shot being very close to 22° and the last around 25 or 26°. As firm as you hit the shots you are surely stunning the ball, producing more CIT in the first shot than in the last. So the first shot is slightly overcut and then the CIT thickens it up. As the shots get thinnner the overcut becomes less (as you say, you are reaching the limit of a 30 inside), but the CIT is also decreasing as the cut angle increases, which means the ob is being thrown less, making it possible to use nearly the same aim for each shot.

In other words, I believe I can shoot each of these shots using stun and a 5/8 fractional hit each time. R
Simply rolling the cb through the ob I'd have to shoot the last shot a touch thinner than the others, or use a half tip of outside spin on the cb. Fractionally, there's only about a 1/16 aiming difference between the 1st shot and the last shot, a very subtle difference that the brain of an experienced player can easily notice automatically.

Tap! Tap! Tap!

Was the separation between the balls EXACTLY the SAME... or was there some slight variation in the distances between the balls?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Wow pot calling kettle black. I’m putting you on ignore, I’ve tried to tolerate but you seriously provide zero useful input to this sub. Trolling should be a ban consequence.

Whatever.

You simply could not answer a simple question about what is supposed to be the CRUX of what makes it work... just as no other CTEer has not been able to answer it, including Mr. Shuffett.

Answer that question & all of this "stuff" would end... but CTEers can not answer it... because it does not exist.

You & other proponents WANT it to be something that it is NOT.

You & other proponents are afraid to find out or admit what it really is...

which is an alignment/'aiming' method that requires that dreaded "S" word in at least 3 areas.

Best Wishes & I Hope you start to understand the Reality.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
lol

So your advice is to put all your "enemies" on ignore and then rant about them with every post?

My advice is see a psychiatrist and get some meds. Or maybe another hobby.

pj
chgo

:thumbup2:

I think he plays Checkers or Harmonica.

He & Spider have announced that are both leaving AZB as soon as Mr. Shuffett has his own site up & running.

So... what are they "really" doing here?

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you missed Lou's point, but I will let him explain if he is so inclined.

Also, I do see his post as being specific to CTE. There are other methods that requiring sighting certain things.

No I understood his point. He’s wrong

The visuals and perceptions can be seen by anyone. That part of the system shouldn’t even be in question.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Tap! Tap! Tap!

Was the separation between the balls EXACTLY the SAME... or was there some slight variation in the distances between the balls?

I believe Mohrt just dropped them where they were, not exactly the same distances each time, but the total span is still within about 4° from shot 1 to shot 4. The margin of error from distance out of the pocket is a little less +/- 1°.

I like what Mohrt has done here. Show and tell is always better than just tell. So I will make a video, hopefully this afternoon....busy day, but I will try to show and tell also.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
No I understood his point. He’s wrong

The visuals and perceptions can be seen by anyone. That part of the system shouldn’t even be in question.

I do not think that is what he meant.

What Mike Massey sees is not what Nic Varner sees.

In any of the standard test for eye 'dominance' I test out as severely Right eyed 'dominant'.

Yet in a phone lesson Gene Albreight 'showed' me that from the standing tall position, I am left eyed dominant.

In case you have not noticed... DTL, Monty, & Low have all mention using our eyes differently.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

I agree with this statement. It's the rest of the system that just doesn't work as well for me as it does for Stan and a few others. But I'm not pro caliber, and honestly if I made time to hit a thousand balls per day it would not be for the purpose of learning an entirely new way of aiming. I believe if a player put that much table time into any method of aiming they'd start to see drastic improvements in their pocketing skills.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I believe Mohrt just dropped them where they were, not exactly the same distances each time, but the total span is still within about 4° from shot 1 to shot 4. The margin of error from distance out of the pocket is a little less +/- 1°.

I like what Mohrt has done here. Show and tell is always better than just tell. So I will make a video, hopefully this afternoon....busy day, but I will try to show and tell also.

Hi Brian,

I agree & disagree.

While seeing can help some, it is not a requirement. The matters that some of us are discussing is of an intellectual nature.

However a picture can certainly reduce some of the words for SOME of the communication... but words are still required

The Bottom Line is still there & always will be... & you have correctly & properly stated such before & after my return.

Balls of equal distance of separation do NOT yield a different 'perception' & hence do NOT dictate a different position from which to see the "visual". Take my 3D model & move it all over the table or a
golf green or anywhere & NOTHING changes.

The is NO such supposed 'phenomena'.

I think it has become somewhat clear where 'they' are now going.

Closing the right vs closing the left eye & you are looking from 2 different perspectives.

As far as I know, THAT was NOT in either of the DVDs nor in any of The YouTube Videos up to the last I have seen.

ALL Best Wishes.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I agree with this statement. It's the rest of the system that just doesn't work as well for me as it does for Stan and a few others. But I'm not pro caliber, and honestly if I made time to hit a thousand balls per day it would not be for the purpose of learning an entirely new way of aiming. I believe if a player put that much table time into any method of aiming they'd start to see drastic improvements in their pocketing skills.

:thumbup2:

When Earl was 16, he spent 16 hrs. per day EVERY day for a solid year on a table.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
But I'm not pro caliber, and honestly if I made time to hit a thousand balls per day it would not be for the purpose of learning an entirely new way of aiming. I believe if a player put that much table time into any method of aiming they'd start to see drastic improvements in their pocketing skills.

You don't need the time to hit a thousand balls a day. But I'd be willing to bet if you used the time you spend EVERY DAY during the day and into the evening/night you could learn a new way of aiming. You know which one...the one you ALWAYS have something to talk about and knock with all your time. (oh, you don't knock...I forgot) :rolleyes:

(now time for an ENGLISH style response and MORE TIME. You're starting to become his protégé in the number of posts, content, and accolades back and forth to each other)

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

BC21,

First of all, thank you for a succinct and reasonable response to my video.

As for CIT, here are a couple things. Anytime I'm shooting a shot near 30 degrees (which would be maximum CIT) I try to minimize it if I can. I do this by doing two things. 1) adding some top or bottom spin. I haven't inspected my video closely, but I'm pretty confident that I habitually put a touch of bottom spin on shots like these, given the choice. Watch the CB exit path, you'll see. 2) speed. I don't baby these shots in, I give them a bit of punch. With those two factors in play, the CIT is minimized.

Now as for the difference between these shots, lets pay attention to shots 1 and 4. So they are about 3-4 degrees apart, I'll take your word for it. My main concern would be range of error to cut the ball. If you place two balls inside the pocket you are aiming at, you'll see the width of error you have to work with. If you are using 4.5" pockets, the balls would be touching, meaning your error is 2.125 inches (ball center to ball center). My table is 9', so at 6 or so diamonds away, you have to be pretty damned exact to pocket the ball.

If you setup shots 1 and 4, freeze a ghostball on the contact point of each one, then stand behind the CB and see the thickness of each cut, you will see that the difference between shots 1 and 4 is fairly significant. You *have* to be accurate here to hit that pocket with a ~1 degree margin of error. As I've stated before, I don't do anything post pivot to CCB to change the shot. At that point I'm on the shot line and CCB is my target. I DO look at the OB last. I'm never thinking "oh this needs to be a touch thinner", etc. CTE gives me CCB to pocket the ball. Although each of these shots has a unique physical orientation, I can get there through the same 30 inside perception. Our eyes are the most accurate instrument of our bodies. The perceptions are exacting. They do NOT work like a protractor on 2D paper.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Although each of these shots has a unique [i.e., different] physical orientation, I can get there through the same [i.e., not different] 30 inside perception.
You seem like an intelligent guy - you don't see the credibility issue here?

Something about "the same 30 inside perception" - or the way you use it (the "getting there" part) - must change in order for your statement to make simple sense.

pj
chgo

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You don't need the time to hit a thousand balls a day. But I'd be willing to bet if you used the time you spend EVERY DAY during the day and into the evening/night you could learn a new way of aiming. You know which one...the one you ALWAYS have something to talk about and knock with all your time. (oh, you don't knock...I forgot) :rolleyes:

(now time for an ENGLISH style response and MORE TIME. You're starting to become his protégé in the number of posts, content, and accolades back and forth to each other)

I was making the point that pro players aren't pros because they've learned one particular aiming system or another. At some point in their pursuit to become better players, they were hitting a thousand or more balls per day, including Stan.

I'd love to be able to carry a pool table around with me in my pocket, but all I have is this phone. I would much rather spend my down time throughout the day playing pool instead of reading your antagonizing posts, where you constantly insist that every comment that doesn't praise CTE is somehow a comment "knocking" it.

This post took all of nearly 1min to get out. :rolleyes: