Why CTE is so controversial

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It is also worth pointing out that everyone's perceptions will be different.

Not only because they process the visuals differently but also because they're looking at the balls and table from different physical perspectives. IOWs you're not going to see what I see nor what someone else sees.

Lou Figueroa

So IOW, ALL aiming systems are invalid according to you whether it's contact points, fractions, etc. One person's contact point won't be the same contact point another person needs to see and align. Another person's fraction won't be the same fraction their friend needs to see and align. :rolleyes:

Maybe the key is to see what the aiming system teaches you to see and TRAIN the eyes and brain to see and do it. But if that's what you firmly believe...GFY. (good for you)

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

Not only because they process the visuals differently but also because they're looking at the balls and table from different physical perspectives. IOWs you're not going to see what I see nor what someone else sees.

Lou Figueroa

Anyone can execute the CTE process and end up on the shot line. Granted, CTE is going to train you to use your eyes differently than you are used to. But it’s a short adjustment period. As you said, people learn to see and shoot their own ways. CTE brings us all into a much more similar realm of physical perception. Before CTE my shot alignment was very different. My right and left eyes played different roles than what they do now. I have a hunch CTE shooters use their eyes very similarly. I am admitting that is a guess only.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
What does this prove? I've seen non-CTE users do the same thing.

Why not try my experiment (from my deleted thread)?

Put the OB on the other side of the wall. Once you have your visuals. Have someone put the wall up so you can no longer see the OB. Sweep into your stance and try to make the ball.

:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

How long did you use CTE?

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
this would be a great trick! And that is how the system is described to work -- once you have the perception, that "fixed" cb, all you have to do is come in from exactly 1/2 tip offset and pivot or sweep back to ccb. But i don't think your experiment would be too successful for anyone, including stan. Even though he insists that the cue is being tweaked to a "perfect" ccb alignment, i believe keeping the ob in view is part of what of determines that alignment.

Tap! Tap! Tap!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
You can not demonstrate your perceptions cause they are only in your mind. Your perceptions are yours and only yours. What you see, how you process that information no one else can know.

:thumbup2:

That is the basic definition of "perception".

If we are standing 3 feet apart looking at a brick building where we can see both sides of the corner of it then we will EACH have different "perceptions" of the reality of that building...

because we each are viewing it from a Different "Perspective"(Location)

NOW... let's say some one directs us to stand where we can see straight down the side of the building so that that we can see both edges with just a sliver of the wall between...

And that is defined as the "objective" view for say filming movie seen or for shooting a rifle through something so that the bullet exists & goes to ONLY one place.

So, we get onto the ONLY line where we can see that...

& then...

We moves just a bit...

THE "objective" VIEW is LOST...

& we are then in the realm of a "Subjective" View.

Best Wishes.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

:thumbup2:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Stan does have at least one video where he covers up the OB. Granted the difficulty would go up, but if you do everything perfect it should be possible. I see and use the OB at full stance. I can still see CTEL.

Monty,

Just to be clear, what do you mean by, "I see and use the OB at full stance."?

Do you mean standing tall or in the "shooting position"?

Best Wishes.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Who ever stated CTE can enable you to shoot shots not possible by any other method? Now you’re making things up.

No. He is not, not in the context of what shooting under the curtain with CTE seems to be intended to imply.

But before you ask me, "What is that?"

I will ask YOU. Exactly WHAT is that supposed to show, indicate, or support?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Wishes.

PS Why did you run off saying that you would be gone until THE BOOK comes out & are now back with this stuff...

BUT... have avoided answering the question I asked you before you supposedly exited Until The Book?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Anyone can execute the CTE process and end up on the shot line. Granted, CTE is going to train you to use your eyes differently than you are used to. But it’s a short adjustment period. As you said, people learn to see and shoot their own ways. CTE brings us all into a much more similar realm of physical perception. Before CTE my shot alignment was very different. My right and left eyes played different roles than what they do now. I have a hunch CTE shooters use their eyes very similarly. I am admitting that is a guess only.

Is that THE NEW THING... that was NOT in either DVD?

Use your eyes differently...

as in seeing some shots with the left eye & other shots with the right eye.

If that is IT... then it is a "take" right out of Gene Albreight's Perfect Aim.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

What you’re essentially saying is you can only see a half ball hit if you meet certain criteria.

In all of the statements made against CTE. Yours is by far the weakest.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Monty,

Just to be clear, what do you mean by, "I see and use the OB at full stance."?

Do you mean standing tall or in the "shooting position"?

Best Wishes.

You should know what full stance means if you know CTE and its nomenclature. Apparently you don’t?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does this prove? I've seen non-CTE users do the same thing.

Why not try my experiment (from my deleted thread)?

Put the OB on the other side of the wall. Once you have your visuals. Have someone put the wall up so you can no longer see the OB. Sweep into your stance and try to make the ball.

What kinds of shots?
How many shots?
What percentage of made shots would you consider successful?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kinds of shots?
How many shots?
What percentage of made shots would you consider successful?

Straight ins and cuts up to 70 degrees

At least 5 different types of shots. Each attempted a minimum of 10 times

I’d say you’d have to shoot the shots without the obstruction to get a baseline on your make percentage. Then shoot them again with the obstruction. If you can get within 5% I’d say that’s successful.

I will also add that if you can put a curtain or poster board in between the CB and OB. Then you wouldn’t need to shoot with your eyes closed as I suggested in my original test.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
No. He is not, not in the context of what shooting under the curtain with CTE seems to be intended to imply.

But before you ask me, "What is that?"

I will ask YOU. Exactly WHAT is that supposed to show, indicate, or support?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Wishes.

PS Why did you run off saying that you would be gone until THE BOOK comes out & are now back with this stuff...

BUT... have avoided answering the question I asked you before you supposedly exited Until The Book?

First you complain that I said I was leaving, now you complain that I continued to post. Then you can’t figure our what the video is suppose to show/indicate/support? You bash anything pro-CTE for the sake of bashing. You cheerlead anything said by your pundits. I really don’t want to extend you any further credibility until you post a video making some shots. Anything. Heck run a rack of nine ball. I’ll be impressed.

The video clearly exemplifies how a 30 inside (the title of the video) perception is used for a range of shots. You know, what can’t be done without my fudging of something according to pundits. I do the same process for every shot. Technically, every shot results in a unique orientation. Nothing guessed, nothing fudged, nothing adjusted, just using the perceptions in a very exacting way.