why do pool players always screw themselves?

j_kronz79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now Pool Has The Most Profitabe Thing They Ever Had, the IPT, And They Are Already Dumping Matches Or Forfieting. Someday We Will Learn When There Is No More Options Left!

Last edited:

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
j_kronz79 said:
Now Pool Has The Most Profitabe Thing They Ever Had, And They Are Already Dumping Matches Or Forfieting. Someday We Will Learn When There Is No More Options Left!

Why don't you guys get a clue??????

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Why Do You Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word? Must Be Hell On Your Shift Key...

Can you be a little less vague now?

mnShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Think That Means That He Is Just Raising His Voice, Not Actually Yelling, BTW It Is Very Hard To Type This Way And Really Slows You Down.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
j_kronz79 said:
Now Pool Has The Most Profitabe Thing They Ever Had, the IPT, And They Are Already Dumping Matches Or Forfieting. Someday We Will Learn When There Is No More Options Left!

I would be interested to know specifically who was dumping matchs. Do you have facts to back up that statement...or is it just an unjustified opinion that you chose to state as a fact?
Steve

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooltchr said:
I would be interested to know specifically who was dumping matchs. Do you have facts to back up that statement...or is it just an unjustified opinion that you chose to state as a fact?
Steve
i go with pooltch on that one ..

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
It Does This When You Have Caps Lock On. Thank Goodness The Forum Adjusts It Automatically Because All Caps Can Be VERY FRUSTRATING TO READ (IMO)!! (I HELD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY FOR THIS LAST PART) :)

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
oOOPS I SCREWED UP. I GUESS IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST ONE LOWER CASE, IT LETS YOU HAVE ALL THE REST CAPS. DON'T TELL ANYONE PLEASE. :p

T

Timberly

I was out of town at a tourney this wkend so I didn't see it but someone came in and said that the latest internet rumor (IIRC) was that Marlon would rather have played Thorsten than Orcollo so Marlon dumped his match to Thorsten in hopes that Thorsten would move through to the finals instead of Orcollo because Marlon already knew he was going to be in the finals.

***I am not saying this is what happened*** This is (something close to it) what a friend saw online (here??) and they simply relayed the rumor to me. They didn't have an opinion either way on the matter. After reading the 1st post, that's the only thing I can think of that they're talking about.

T

Timberly

For the record, my opinion is that if this was discussed online, it was simply speculation on someone's part (them basically wondering out loud) and certainly not anything that was founded. I'm sure if the story had any validity or foundation to it, it would've been "front page news" as far as internet forums go. :rolleyes:

Unless there is solid proof to back it up, (give me video of Marlon discussing doing this) I see no reason to believe any of it.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know about dumping. I think that is an awful rumor to spread without hard facts. I will say that playing in a grueling tournament like the IPT has got to be tough on the competitors. I know from my own experience that it doesn't take long for fatigue to set in while trying to play at your best level for hours and hours playing different opponents. I know that I couldn't hold up to that kind of schedule and wouldn't even attempt it. So maybe what someone perceives as dumping is merely succumbing to the tough schedule.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I heard the whole thing was fixed. A European was supposed to win b/c of the big tv contract sold to Europe.
~Agent Mulder~

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
pro teams rest their players at the end of the season, and when those games mean something to another team, they get upset. it happens everywhere. it backfired on the colts last year because they lost their momentum.

was it kosher???? that is a tough call. marlon was hedging his bet. it's not like what the players did when they dumped so that lebron could win, and they scooped up their cash on bets they had placed.

j_kronz79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what about the simple fact that some players have not shown up for matches after they have been mathematically elimanated

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bruin70 said:
pro teams rest their players at the end of the season, and when those games mean something to another team, they get upset. it happens everywhere. it backfired on the colts last year because they lost their momentum.

was it kosher???? that is a tough call. marlon was hedging his bet. it's not like what the players did when they dumped so that lebron could win, and they scooped up their cash on bets they had placed.

This I agree with.

It's good to be ahead going into the finals. If Marlon DID dump to get what he felt was an advantage for himself going into the finals, I call it strategy. He was trying to win.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just a few thoughts.

1. if you dump to collect on a bet made by someone else, its kind of scummy, but, we all gotta live, and eat.

2. dumping a match during a tourney to make some moves IN the tourney like avoiding a hot player, or helping a friend is perfectly legal, and I see nothing wrong with it. Theres a reason some tourneys are called double elimination, or round robin.

3. with all the big $$ rolling into the IPT there almost has to be some growing pains. SOME, not all the players have been struggling on the road, and now are making some good money and see a chance to parlay that bet into a bigger chunk by maybe less than perfect PC choices.

I'm not gonna judge anyone...I'm not perfect, I have cheated, stolen, lied, dumped matches, and I'm a real nice guy!:).....but its all fun to read about!

Gerry