Why do pros do bar box tournaments? Serious reply's only

JC

Coos Cues
So I have seen some videos online of Shane and Earl etc doing bar box tournaments. I am wondering why they do these? Is it a they need the money thing? Is it cause they are contractually obligated to? Is it because they want to? I mean I do not like bar boxes and I am assuming pro's do not ether. If I was a pro I would consider bar boxes beneath me. So I was wondering. Please only post serious reply's I am legit asking. Non serious reply's will be reported.

Thanks

Seriously, you are an idiot.
You sir have been "reported"!!!

Prepare to have the bailiff whack your pee pee!!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

PracticeChampion

I think you have your states wrong if you are talking about matching up with Bergman.
There is a place in Columbus called Players (or at least there was) off of Hamilton.
Maybe I do as i was thinking that sounded crazy to go in there, last I was there a few years ago it was run down badly and real shady. 2-3 people killed there last year in different shootings

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Maybe I do as i was thinking that sounded crazy to go in there, last I was there a few years ago it was run down badly and real shady. 2-3 people killed there last year in different shootings
😅 I was kinda thinking that but couldn't recall if they were even still open. I don't do Fakebook but from what I could tell from their page there wasn't much activity on it since last year. The webpage is gone too (although that happens a lot of places because of Fakebook). Been a LONG time since I was there and yes, it's in as shady a place as any pool hall in Columbus. Still called "Family Billiards" though. :ROFLMAO:

I might play there during the day but would never shoot there at night.

PracticeChampion

😅 I was kinda thinking that but couldn't recall if they were even still open. I don't do Fakebook but from what I could tell from their page there wasn't much activity on it since last year. The webpage is gone too (although that happens a lot of places because of Fakebook). Been a LONG time since I was there and yes, it's in as shady a place as any pool hall in Columbus. Still called "Family Billiards" though. :ROFLMAO:

I might play there during the day but would never shoot there at night.
Far I know it's still open, guy I seen recently was talking about going up last Sunday and he also said he would never be caught in there after dark😂

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is like guy,s that say playing 6500 yd golf course is too short 6000 is a joke. Whats really funny is they cant shoot par on either.They cry about bar tables and cant put a 3 pack up ,at least consitantly. Get rid of bar tables and see how long pool last.P.S. Just watched Dennis,Shane,Warren K, and Jesse. play a really topugh field and nobody ran the set on those toys.And they were Valleys.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
This is the only one I have seen where earl says anything close to bad mouthing a bar box. He said he did not want to be there and that is was an invite and money and that he never thought he would get excited over a bar box tournament. Also he beat this guy 7 to 2. I have never heard of his opponent is he any good?

Matt is a 2 time super billiards expo pro am champion, 8 time Mezz tour player of the year, Maryland 9 ball and 8 ball state champion, New Jersey 9 ball and 8ball state champion, and former UPA pro tour rookie of the year.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
So I have seen some videos online of Shane and Earl etc doing bar box tournaments. I am wondering why they do these? Is it a they need the money thing? Is it cause they are contractually obligated to? Is it because they want to? I mean I do not like bar boxes and I am assuming pro's do not ether. If I was a pro I would consider bar boxes beneath me. So I was wondering. Please only post serious reply's I am legit asking. Non serious reply's will be reported.

Thanks

Since bar boxes are below you I guess we are lucky that you are not on the "pro tour", your adoring fans would really be upset.
You are aware that it is usually the opponent and not the table that makes the competition stiff, correct? Bar boxes may very well be more difficult than 9' tables because of the congestion. The extra 24" or 20" if its a Diamond of possible shot length just do not make the game that much tougher for a pro level player (many amateur's too). Lastly, why would a person who makes their living playing pool not take all good opportunities to earn a paycheck??

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

When there was a real pro tour it was all on 9 footers. The 7 footer events are just held in pool halls that happen to be filled with them, and the players go for the money since that is what they do. There are many small table events that had a ton of money in the room, especially with calcuttas, where players get bid up into the thousands.

If pro golf all of a sudden collapsed and they had maybe 4 tournaments a year with a top prize of 30,000 you can get to easily, but had 10 others on mini golf courses with almost the same prize money, you can bet your ass that Tiger Woods is going to be playing at Putt Putt just like your 12 yr old niece at a birthday party.

And stop asking obvious questions or you'll be reported.

middleofnowhere

Registered
When there was a real pro tour it was all on 9 footers. The 7 footer events are just held in pool halls that happen to be filled with them, and the players go for the money since that is what they do. There are many small table events that had a ton of money in the room, especially with calcuttas, where players get bid up into the thousands.

If pro golf all of a sudden collapsed and they had maybe 4 tournaments a year with a top prize of 30,000 you can get to easily, but had 10 others on mini golf courses with almost the same prize money, you can bet your ass that Tiger Woods is going to be playing at Putt Putt just like your 12 yr old niece at a birthday party.

There was a pro tour mini golf years ago. All the top players played. It was mostly match play for pretty big money.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes pros do it for the cash although it gives an advantage to a lesser player.

sonny burnett

Registered
Careful there people! If you are reported it WILL go on Your Permanent Record! FYI this is NOT a "non-serious post "

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Matt is a 2 time super billiards expo pro am champion, 8 time Mezz tour player of the year, Maryland 9 ball and 8 ball state champion, New Jersey 9 ball and 8ball state champion, and former UPA pro tour rookie of the year.
I think this puts into perspective how much a 100+ point difference in FargoRate can be.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When was this pro pool tour on 9 footers?