Will he 3 peat

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Well, Shane just said in an interview that if the Mosconi Cup racks the 9 on the spot the USA has no chance. So I take that to mean that he isn't too excited about the US Open's decision.

He probably just thinks USA has no chance...smart man.

Well, look at how close the score was with Bustamante match, he struggled breaking. The new break rules made the break less of an issue. Kicking, safety play & ball pocketing rule this format. The rack rigging and break magicians are going to struggle.

Watch out for Brett Stottlemyer to open a can of "Whoop A$$" this year at the US Open! He will go far IMO! Also, Wang Can/Alex Pagulayan/Max Eberle will go far!

kd

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Well, look at how close the score was with Bustamante match, he struggled breaking. The new break rules made the break less of an issue. Kicking, safety play & ball pocketing rule this format. The rack rigging and break magicians are going to struggle.

Watch out for Brett Stottlemyer to open a can of "Whoop A$$" this year at the US Open! He will go far IMO! Also, Wang Can/Alex Pagulayan/Max Eberle will go far!

kd

Yes, but Hennessee ran a four pack against Dominguez and made the one in the side on six consecutive breaks. What's noticeable is that even when the one ball is made on the break, playing shape on the two is very difficult and, also, the layouts are, on average, more difficult.

As you note, the moves game is more important in this format, and the players who can supplement good run out skills with good defensive, kicking and tactical skills are the ones to beat.

Pool is so much more fun to watch without the racking arguments.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think a neutral racker would solve all the problems.

Me, too. While I agree with those who say that nine on the spot is necessary in any rack your own event, I would much rather see one-on-the-spot breaking with a neutral racker.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It would but then you have to pay a neutral rocker. And when that check bounces. What then? .

Volunteers are easy to find. You don't need a referee to rack the balls, just an attending fan. Fans have always been used over the years as shot clock operators, and are just as capable of doing the job.

In golf, they can get thousands of unpaid volunteers at their events if needed, some of whom contribute within the playing ropes.

With the new racking rules will svb 3 peat this year? I'm sure he has already figured out how to set this rack up a cheat like he always does

Two things in life you need to watch out for:

1. Using the term 3 Peat when Phil Jackson owns the trademark on it:smile:.

2. Calling Shane a cheater. What will you think of next?:D

ONB

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Two things in life you need to watch out for:

1. Using the term 3 Peat when Phil Jackson owns the trademark on it:smile:.

2. Calling Shane a cheater. What will you think of next?:D

ONB

1. ORIGINAL LAKER 3-Peat coach PAT RILEY.
NOT Phil Jackson. :D

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Volunteers are easy to find. You don't need a referee to rack the balls, just an attending fan. Fans have always been used over the years as shot clock operators, and are just as capable of doing the job.

In golf, they can get thousands of unpaid volunteers at their events if needed, some of whom contribute within the playing ropes.

I think this would be a good thing, in my opinion fans would be thrilled to have the ringside seat and actively interact in the match. I don't think paying them would be an issue either.... I think some fans would pay to be involved

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think this would be a good thing, in my opinion fans would be thrilled to have the ringside seat and actively interact in the match. I don't think paying them would be an issue either.... I think some fans would pay to be involved

So true, Petey. In the days when the World 14.1 Championships were here in NYC, I often volunteered to be one of the scorekeepers, which gave me the best seat in the house. Shaking the hand of a Luther Lassiter or an Irving Crane at the end of the match was compensation enough for me.

BMW

Banned
Shane will not win the US Open nor will any other player from the US. It will most likely be won by an Asian or European player.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your opinion. :eek:

Originally posted by, BMW:
"Shane will not win the US Open nor will any other player from the US. It will most likely be won by an Asian or European player."

Last edited: