Women's 10-ball Championship

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone heard of any problems with the shot clocks malfunctioning - showing 10 seconds left when actually there were more that 10 seconds left??

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone heard of any problems with the shot clocks malfunctioning - showing 10 seconds left when actually there were more that 10 seconds left??

Curious as to how many seconds do they get to shoot? 30-45?

Thanks

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several years ago I met and talked to Li Jia at a tournament in Shanghai. A very personable and cute young lady and a strong player too. In that all Chinese tournament she knocked out PXT in the semis and won the final.

I wish her the very best.

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GOGO Tsai Pei Chen! I've watched this girl since her debut game in a poorly organized Taiwanese league. And now she has improved so much over the years to be a world title contender!

Crownedone61

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the final four ladies for this event are set. Semifinal 1 tomorrow will feature Ga-Young Kim vs. defending champion Rubilen Amit and semifinal 2 will be Kelly Fisher vs. Jasmin Ouschan. Ga-Young defeated her quarterfinal opponent 8-1, Kelly Fisher won 8-3 and Jasmin Ouschan defeated Karen Corr 8-2. Rubilen Amit eliminated Line Kjoersvik. Race to 9 for the finals tomorrow.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pretty interesting that all the great Chinese players were eliminated. They seemed to be poised to take over women's pool.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty interesting that all the great Chinese players were eliminated. They seemed to be poised to take over women's pool.

But were the great ones there? No Shin-Mei Liu, Sha Sha Liu, Xiao-Ting Pan, Shu-Han Chang, Fu, Si Meng Chen, etc. How does Dragon select who is going to play for their world championship?!

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But were the great ones there? No Shin-Mei Liu, Sha Sha Liu, Xiao-Ting Pan, Shu-Han Chang, Fu, Si Meng Chen, etc. How does Dragon select who is going to play for their world championship?!

Since this was a santioned world ranking event I believe Dragon has to go thru the normal invite process as other world ranking events. I can't speak for other countries but I do know that this process was followed for the invited North American players as they were invited thru the WPBA and our ranking. I believe Charlie gets a set amount of "promoter spots" which is normal and a set amount of spots for qualifiers. The promoter or qualifier spots might be how some of the Americans that are not high in our WPBA ranking were invited but I am not sure.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I guess that clears that up. Shanelle Lorraine=promoters spot= Win 0 Loss 5. Has she ever even won a small regional tour in the US? Johnnyt

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess that clears that up. Shanelle Lorraine=promoters spot= Win 0 Loss 5. Has she ever even won a small regional tour in the US? Johnnyt

Not to hate on her, I think she's doing a fine job promoting the game, but honestly from what i've seen she is not competitive at all in a pro event.

PoolJunkie216

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No legitimate World Championship Tournament should include an invite for Shanelle. Sorry but this is just 100% fact.

madfox

I love pool ...
Silver Member
I saw a post some months ago that she is going to be in some pool hall to give lessons to beginners :wink:

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone actually found the stream for this event., and if so do you know when the matches will begin today??