Wondering how to sell a Balabushka cue stick? List it on here or is there another place?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm old, kids have no use for pool cues. I have a few collector cues and am wondering how to get them sold to the right collector. Should I list them on here or is there another website?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I'm old, kids have no use for pool cues. I have a few collector cues and am wondering how to get them sold to the right collector. Should I list them on here or is there another website?
Depends on how much you want for them

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I think anyone in the market for a real Bushka will see it here tbh. There are some Facebook groups you can try that cater to big cues, but you’ll find a good deal of them post here anyway.

the benefits of posting it here are being able to look at the post history of a prospective buyer. Harder to do due diligence on FB. Last deal I did through FB i required escrow and paid the fee.

Edit: feel free to send me a list of what you have for sale.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
First, you have to make sure it's a real Bushka. We'll help you, with some pictures. There is a lot of experience here.

All the best,
WW

middleofnowhere

Registered
I made the same post a few months ago, I have two. I got a lot of contacts but got scared off. Not such an easy transition to do mail order. I sold my other two at the BCA Show. Much easier in person.

For now selling the cues is on hold. It's just my wife and I, no kids. At our age we are beginning worry what to do with our stuff with the cues being the least of it.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet you didn't pay what I paid. I have had them for decades. I used to actually play with one till it got too valuable. I could not let it out of my sight, not even in my hotel room. And you could get hit in the head for it.
I paid more I’m sure. I have a southwest I paid $350 for. Sadly I wasn’t around when Bushka’s were affordable

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Since your asking for opinion, I'll give you mine.

Ebay. Far greater exposure. International bidders driving the price.

If you do it right, you can limit your fees to 1.xx%. Buyer pays your pre-determined set fees for shipping, insurance, customs.

YMMV

middleofnowhere

Registered
I paid more I’m sure. I have a southwest I paid $350 for. Sadly I wasn’t around when Bushka’s were affordable
I ordered a cue from Balabushka and it was $110.00 with two shafts. I paid him in advance but never got the cue. I would call him every few months and the conversation went the same way every time. The cue is almost done.

Finally I called and just asked to cancel the order. Now here is the best part. Within a week I get a check in the mail with a note. In the note he had even calculated the interest from the time of the order, over a year and added it on.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I ordered a cue from Balabushka and it was $110.00 with two shafts. I paid him in advance but never got the cue. I would call him every few months and the conversation went the same way every time. The cue is almost done.

Finally I called and just asked to cancel the order. Now here is the best part. Within a week I get a check in the mail with a note. In the note he had even calculated the interest from the time of the order, over a year and added it on.
Damn George was even a pioneer in "cue maker time." Is there anything he didn't establish?

middleofnowhere

Registered
Damn George was even a pioneer in "cue maker time." Is there anything he didn't establish?
He was hard to talk to, he spoke broken English. I would ask if he understand and he always said yes yes. I would ask if he was writing this down he would say yes yes. Then when you were off the phone you were convinced he got everything wrong.

He made a cue for a friend of mine who did get his cue. When it arrived every spec was wrong. Wrong weight, shaft diameter, not even the length. He ordered a 58 it was 57 1/2. You had to live in NY or close by and deal in person to actually get a cue.

Now that I am thinking about it, it was my friends cue that made me cancel my order. Plus the confusing conversations with him.

Last edited: